AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 14:20   Link #101
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

lol I am a member there actually. And yes, until you post you can't view spoilers.

Took me like 20 minutes and 100 passwords to remember my info though.
Old 2011-04-19, 14:37   Link #102
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
lol I am a member there actually. And yes, until you post you can't view spoilers.

Took me like 20 minutes and 100 passwords to remember my info though.
Wait why did it take so long. As long as you know the email you registered with it's actually very good with regards to forgotten usernamemes and passwords as the email actually sends you your username and password and not randomly generated one that you'll have to change later.

Anyway the summary is on page 11 mid of the first half of the age tagged in spoilers.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 18:15   Link #103
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
There's a summary up on JCafe24 about the light novel.

Basically it's split into 3 parts, the first part deals with the story of felicia and Maiain the brave, the second part deals with felix and felicia, the third part after felicia "dies" revolves around Felix going bat shit, destory the world insane. He goes back in time to try to save her but in the end everyone dies. Hopefully the manhwa doesn't follow this.

Oh yeah btw the novel is sci-fi. A cyborg was originally supposed to be introduced during the tournament arc, but the manhwa decided not to. Which is used to explain the time travelling, cyborg's, space age weaponary etc. That's why there's "nukes" and "oribitals strikes" in attack names for characters.
Hu ?
So the first part, we never saw it in the manwha ? Or just for the first pages ...
And the author of the LN is Im Dal Young too non ?
But the last part ...
They really die all of them ? Oo
One more time ?
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 18:21   Link #104
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Hu ?
So the first part, we never saw it in the manwha ? Or just for the first pages ...
And the author of the LN is Im Dal Young too non ?
But the last part ...
They really die all of them ? Oo
One more time ?
I'm guessing the first part is pretty much pointless uneeded stuff that the mangaka decided to leave out. No idea if their the same author I asked this before but never got an answer. I have no idea if they actually survive or not the first time all I know is he goes back in time to save Felicia and then somehow or another they all end up dying.
Old 2011-04-19, 19:15   Link #105
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm not sure if I'm getting all of this. Where does Adam Cruz's reading of Ruby and the fate of all the characters fit in with the summary of all three parts of the novels? They sound like two, totally different stories considering the third novel ends in a 'kill them all' tragic note.

I have to say though, the summary of the three parts sounds like pure torture. I have no idea why one would want to read a tragedy such as that. Some tragic and bittersweet endings are actually good, but I would feel as if I were being trolled if I stuck to something like that all the way to the end. I would probably just be pissed off.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:42   Link #106
Iron21

IIRC, apparently, a translator from Scantily Clad who have read the LN said, that after this volume, the manhwa was now going exactly the way the LN was going.

That's why they had a hard time finishing up volume 10, because they already knew what direction it was going, because like I said, they read the LN that has already ended.

Spoiler for And apparently:

And IM Dal-Young is the author of both, the LN and Manhwa.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:19   Link #107
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
IIRC, apparently, a translator from Scantily Clad who have read the LN said, that after this volume, the manhwa was now going exactly the way the LN was going.

That's why they had a hard time finishing up volume 10, because they already knew what direction it was going, because like I said, they read the LN that has already ended.

Spoiler for And apparently:

And IM Dal-Young is the author of both, the LN and Manhwa.
I'm still not sure how he plans to pull it off, since there's already the obvious lack of sci fi in the manhwa and it's far too late in the game to start introducing it. Perhaps magic used for the scifi plotlines but still seems kinda strange.

Anyway they'll probably be a few divergences since the manhwa is a lot lighter and PG-13, whereas the LN is more 18 plus with the sleeping together to unlock Felicia's powers rather than a kiss, and general darker mood. Overall the Mahwa is a lot more condensed refined/mainstream version of the LN.
Old 2011-04-19, 21:20   Link #108
kujoe
from head to heel

It does make sense that it should diverge from the light novels. Why then would one want to wait for more manhwa chapters and volumes when there's already a finished version in another medium?

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it'll end up the same way anyway, even with a few differences. In that case, it's really such a turn off that I can't find myself even bothering anymore. At the very least, sometimes my curiosity will still make me check up on a few updates and chapter summaries here and there.
Old 2011-04-19, 21:27   Link #109
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'm still not sure how he plans to pull it off, since there's already the obvious lack of sci fi in the manhwa and it's far too late in the game to start introducing it. Perhaps magic used for the scifi plotlines but still seems kinda strange.

Anyway they'll probably be a few divergences since the manhwa is a lot lighter and PG-13, whereas the LN is more 18 plus with the sleeping together to unlock Felicia's powers rather than a kiss, and general darker mood. Overall the Mahwa is a lot more condensed refined/mainstream version of the LN.
Then there should already be some divergences. A few of the kisses near the beginning were accidental, so I don't see how you can accidentally sleep with someone in the middle of a battle.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 01:47   Link #110
ShiroiRyu

Aie, aie, aie ...
A big tragedy is not i need in Maian. ^^'
Anyways, if that the direction the story going to ... If it's look "normal", ok.
You were on Mirc to know the whereabouts of the ending of the Light Novel ?
So, little questions if you can answer :

Spoiler for LN Ending:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 16:21   Link #111
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for the LN ending spoiler everyone is discussing without spoiler tags:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 12:03   Link #112
Johnny
Working the bags...

We finally get a look at a few new characters that we'll be seeing in volume 11. I assume the one in the far back is the new Felix...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 13:42   Link #113
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
We finally get a look at a few new characters that we'll be seeing in volume 11. I assume the one in the far back is the new Felix...
Spoiler:
lol, wow if that is indeed Felix, he looks like he's gonna really mess up someone's sh-er, day.
Old 2011-04-25, 22:32   Link #114
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
It's either Felix, or by some impossible means, Diha... seriously, I will be WTFing if Diha actually survives (and there's no Felicia... otherwise, if it is Diha, then just maybe the others are alive too)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:42   Link #115
Shadow5YA

The far back, or the guy in the front?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 23:12   Link #116
kujoe
from head to heel

So, any speculation about who those characters are? Perhaps, a little bit more info from those familiar with the light novels? Or is this one of those changes from the novel version and those characters completely new?
Old 2011-04-25, 23:34   Link #117
Johnny
Working the bags...

Here's where the cover came from if anyone can translate the summary better...
http://blog.naver.com/comic_chance/150107056660
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 23:59   Link #118
kujoe
from head to heel

Well Google translate gives this:

Spoiler for translation:

Spoiler:

Last edited by kujoe; 2011-04-26 at 00:14.
Old 2011-04-26, 08:30   Link #119
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for For the Oh Noes!:
Old 2011-04-30, 22:22   Link #120
M.A.D

Spoiler for :

Last edited by M.A.D; 2011-04-30 at 22:43.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, ecchi, fantasy, manhwa, romance, shounen, tragedy