Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 13:29   Link #1341
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I also expected black as well
PLOT TWIST! Yeah well, she's a demon but that doesn't mean she goes berserk at the sight of an enemy. She probably got so serious because she thought he was from Behemoth, whoever they were...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:20   Link #1342
lightbringer
M9000

She moved to liquidate a potential threat. While she would be standing around trying to confirm his intentions, he might have killed her. I think she acted a bit hot headed but not really way out of line.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 15:25   Link #1343
Iron21

There are probably reasons why Hilda attack him and went for the kill. She asked if he was one of behemoth's men. She just saw him close a demon portal, maybe behemoth's men can do that also. Don't forget she came to school in the first place seeking out a demon.

Maybe demons aren't allowed on earth or something without proper confirmation or something, we don't know. Labeling that she was quick to judge, we might not know, she could have encounter one of behemoths men before, and they was quick to kill, that's why Hilda attacked right away; incapacitate now, ask questions later.

As you can see, she takes her job as a wet nurse seriously. A potential danger to Baby Beel has to be taken out too her.

Out of line? A wet nurse demon from hell, helping to raise a baby to take over the throne in hell. Think about it.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:04   Link #1344
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
She moved to liquidate a potential threat. While she would be standing around trying to confirm his intentions, he might have killed her. I think she acted a bit hot headed but not really way out of line.
Very far-fetched. He wasn't threatening at all, and she attacked him before he even had a chance to answer. She knew nothing, jumped to conclusions and tried to kill him.

I see Hilda slipping into an antagonist role soon. She's a demon and has always been trying to unbalance Oga and push him into cruelty and violence. That's her nature, and that's her goal. I think the author is beginning to place Aoi as a counterweight to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
There are probably reasons why Hilda attack him and went for the kill. She asked if he was one of behemoth's men. She just saw him close a demon portal, maybe behemoth's men can do that also. Don't forget she came to school in the first place seeking out a demon.
*shrug* First she attacked him before he could answer. Then, when he did answer and tried to deescalate, she simply snapped and tried to kill him. I see no credible way to construct a justification for her attack. At the very best, she was jumping to wrong conclusions. More likely is that she just felt like it after he fondled her boob.

Quote:
As you can see, she takes her job as a wet nurse seriously. A potential danger to Baby Beel has to be taken out too her.
The "potential threat" excuse has a really high reading on my bullshit meter. There's a reason why that alone doesn't suffice in the human world. Maybe she's a proper demon, but putting the measure of man against her, she comes up very very short.

I never really liked her viciousness towards Oga. Now I like her even less.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 18:24   Link #1345
lightbringer
M9000

If you're going to go down that route, this whole manga has a high reading on the bullshit meter. I think it's a mistake to try to take it seriously. Her actions are not really much more ridiculous than any of the other stuff that has happened so far.
Old 2010-10-04, 18:24   Link #1346
Iron21

Quote:
I see Hilda slipping into an antagonist role soon. She's a demon and has always been trying to unbalance Oga and push him into cruelty and violence. That's her nature, and that's her goal. I think the author is beginning to place Aoi as a counterweight to her.
Wishful thinking, did you read the chapter, there are apparently forces out there who are able to kill Oga and Hilda, and you expect them to go against each other or something?

Aoi will probably find out the details next chapter and probably understand, even if it strange and out of this world. She might not agree with everything, including the baby beel thing, but I believe she will eventually get it together soon and get stronger to help Oga with the forces who will be after him.

Quote:
The "potential threat" excuse has a really high reading on my bullshit meter. There's a reason why that alone doesn't suffice in the human world. Maybe she's a proper demon, but putting the measure of man against her, she comes up very very short.

I never really liked her viciousness towards Oga. Now I like her even less.
She says herself, are you one of behemoth men? I won't let you harm master. Maybe she did jump to conclusions, but she did see him as a potential threat, and he's still a mystery.

Like I said before, She was only at the school looking for a demon, and comes upon somebody shutting down a demon portal. And she has a one track mind, being a wet nurse to baby Beel. It has been painfully oblivious that her number 1 priority is Baby Beel.

And her viciousness towards Oga? What viciousness has she displayed upon him, may I ask? IIRC, the only time I saw her go off on Oga, was in the first few chapters and when Baby Beel went missing and he didn't care and was happy about it. Every thing seems peachy cream in that household seeing from the side stories, omakes, and the manga itself.

But meh, You just coming across like you really hate her, which is fine ofcourse.

Last edited by Iron21; 2010-10-04 at 19:09.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:10   Link #1347
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Wishful thinking, did you read the chapter, there are apparently forces out there who are able to kill Oga and Hilda, and you expect them to go against each other or something?
No, not physically. But I do expect them to have opposed influences on Oga: Hilda as avatar of violence and chaos and Aoi as voice of reason. Wishful thinking? Maybe, maybe not. Let's wait and see.

Quote:
Aoi will probably find out the details next chapter and probably understand, even if it strange and out of this world. She might not agree with everything, including the baby beel thing, but I believe she will eventually get it together soon and get stronger to help Oga with the forces who will be after him.
Help - yes, like she always has. Help via fighting - likely yes, it's this kind of manga. But I'd expect her to look for the "less violent" solutions first. I do NOT think that her role is to become Master of the Horse for Ceasar Oga.

Quote:
She says herself, are you one of behemoth men? I won't let you harm master. Maybe she did jump to conclusions, but she did see him as a potential threat, and he's still a mystery.
So let's kill him? You have no problem with that? I do.

Quote:
Like I said before, She was only at the school looking for a demon, and comes upon somebody shutting down a demon portal. And she has a one track mind, being a wet nurse to baby Beel. It has been painfully oblivious that her number 1 priority is Baby Beel.
Oh, she's being an exemplary demon. Unfortunately - and that's my point - being an exemplary demon implies acting like a very nasty human, if you apply human standards.

That is my point. She has no shred of compassion, acceptance or even fondness for Oga. She is clearly using him in a cold and calculating way, and she's manipulating him to push him down the demonic path. Which would - if successful - lead to the eventual extinction of humankind, by the way

Quote:
And her viciousness towards Oga? What viciousness has she displayed upon him, may I ask?
Are you serious? The beginning aside, where she wasn't merely abusive, but where she was trying to kill him, he constantly badmouths him, manipulates him to fight more to nurture the Zerub spell (and to reestablish it), and whenever Oga tilts and goes into berserker mode, frightening/worrying everyone else, she eyes him soberly, like a mechanic eyes his tools.

So don't get me wrong: She's a great character and very consequential in what she does. But she is no friend of Oga, her interests lie completely elsewhere: If Hilda thought that it would be best for Beel to have Oga impaled, and then hacked to pieces and fed to the street dogs, she would instantly do it without a trace of regret.

People like her are best avoided, and if that's not possible, handled with utmost caution. So yea, I guess I don't like her very much ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 19:48   Link #1348
lightbringer
M9000

Wait, what's wrong with a demon acting like a demon? And why should we apply human standards to a demon?

Somewhere along the line, you went from "Hilda's actions are unrealistic" to "I don't like Hilda". The first one we can disagree on, the second one is just a personal preference
Old 2010-10-04, 23:42   Link #1349
FateAnomaly

Actually Hilda had no intention of killing him at first. She just wanted to threaten him and make him reveal his intentions. She apologised when she reactively tried to slice him after he made the pantsu comment. It was then she realise he is not someone to be taken lightly of. If she does not use her full strength she might not be able to win.
The world of demon is probably even more full of strife than the human. She takes her job very seriously when it comes to protecting baby beel. The part where she doesn't give him the chance to speak is also moot. That guy is perfecting capable of saying whatever he wants given his ability but all he tried to tell Hilda how stupid she is. He is probably trying to hide his identity for some stupid reason.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:55   Link #1350
Xacual

I was actually thinking for a completely odd thing that could happen is that Aoi and Hilda could form a contract thus increasing both their abilities and putting Aoi on a more level field with Oga.

The more I thought about this, the more I think it could actually happen.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 00:38   Link #1351
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I was actually thinking for a completely odd thing that could happen is that Aoi and Hilda could form a contract thus increasing both their abilities and putting Aoi on a more level field with Oga.

The more I thought about this, the more I think it could actually happen.
The contractor acts a as catalyst to bring out the real power that a demon has in the demon world. Given that, a contract is only of use to the demon its power is restricted in the human world. So far, it seems that this restriction only applies to demons with great power such as the royalty though. I don't think it would do any good to Hilda.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:02   Link #1352
Xacual

Well considering the new teacher(name is Zen?) said she was uncontracted implied that a contract was possible.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 02:59   Link #1353
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This would have spelt Sekirei if there were a lot more girls. So this chapter pretty much confirmed that any demon can form a contract with a human.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 17:08   Link #1354
Iron21

wet nurses

wet nurses everywhere.

Spoiler for 80:
Old 2010-10-07, 17:34   Link #1355
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for 80:
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 19:52   Link #1356
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
I can already feel the hate brewing from a certain someone who's gonna bust in with his cries of character stereotypes. And i still dont give a shit, cuz this is funny^^
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 09:21   Link #1357
gameboy234

Spoiler for 80:
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 10:40   Link #1358
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for 80:
Old 2010-10-08, 12:58   Link #1359
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
I like wet wet nurses when they wet while they're wet.

and this actually makes sense
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 19:53   Link #1360
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

The chapter is out and it was hilarous and interesting at the same time

Spoiler for Chapter 80:

Damn, I can't wait for the next chapter now What will happen to Oga and Hilda ? I want to know >_<

Beelzebub is really one of the best manga that I read. The only one that I want to read so badly each week is One Piece.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence