AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 22:59   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Madoka Magica - Character Discussion - Akemi Homura

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Akemi Homura related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Madoka Magica fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 23:05   Link #2
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Same voice actor as Senjougahara Hitagi (Saito Chiwa) from Bakemonogatari. Voice sounds similar too and she has a similar attitude as a character. So the first time I heard/saw her, I thought; loli Senjougahara.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:13   Link #3
Taufiq91

My first impression of her was:

Did Kuroneko and Himegami had a lesbian lovechild together or something?
Old 2011-01-17, 00:31   Link #4
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Actually, personality-wise I thought she was the secret lovechild of Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari and Fate from Nanoha.
Old 2011-01-17, 02:08   Link #5
scr
my sides are in orbit

It's like the spirit of Tall Dark And Bishoujo decided to incarnate herself into a world of loli and wideface.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 03:22   Link #6
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I get the feeling that Homura's a good girl already, with alot of Fate vibe like yukirosuzuka has mentioned...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 11:33   Link #7
redgrnbluylw

Homura is quite mysterious, and she could even be the very definition of "mysterious". Can't wait to find out more about her!

But how did she seem to know her way around the school in ep 1? I was very confused at that.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 13:09   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Actually, personality-wise I thought she was the secret lovechild of Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari and Fate from Nanoha.
Spot-on

She acts very coldly but it's obvious she cares deeply for Madoka. I like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
But how did she seem to know her way around the school in ep 1? I was very confused at that.
Same reason she knows Madoka. Time travel/time loop.
Old 2011-01-21, 18:59   Link #9
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i want more scenes of her. XDD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 19:17   Link #10
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
i want more scenes of her. XDD
Well after the last episode, I think we will.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:47   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Well after the last episode, I think we will.
Since Mami has been taken out (possibility that she might be revive) the girls might turn to Homura a little more, but still hate her since she did take something that should have belonged to Mami in their opinion. So we will defiantly
Old 2011-01-23, 22:05   Link #12
J the Drafter

I assume Homura's wish was to have the traits that make people popular, since she has that great beauty, supreme academic excellence, and record-breaking athletic ability that was all noted in the beginning.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:47   Link #13
J the Drafter

I was rewatching part of episode one and I noticed something. Homura has a negative/frustrated response when Madoka mentions the subject of Homura's name. Then Homura goes into that talk about "staying as Madoka Kaname if you value your friends and family."
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 23:18   Link #14
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
I was rewatching part of episode one and I noticed something. Homura has a negative/frustrated response when Madoka mentions the subject of Homura's name. Then Homura goes into that talk about "staying as Madoka Kaname if you value your friends and family."
Could it be.... They used to be friends in the past, then something happened with Madoka and Homura used her wish to bring her back....

Then just like the theory on "if you wish to be a billionaire, you basically steal it from someone". IN this case, to wish for someone else's wellbeing, you have to trade your own happiness. Madoka was revived and she took Homura's identity (including family and friends)

The reason that Homura's family name was so strange, is because she made it up. Her real name is Akemi Madoka?
Old 2011-01-24, 00:05   Link #15
scr
my sides are in orbit

Will there be flute r-... oh nvm.

Did anyone notice how Homura warned Madoka but she didn't warn Sayaka? For that matter, she doesn't seem to care whether Sayaka become a Magical Girl (and be hurled through hell as part of the deal). In fact, she doesn't even seem to consider Sayaka as a person. Does this mean that she has special connection with Madoka but not Sayaka?

ADDENDUM-
That Homura didn't threaten Sayaka out of Magical Girl-hood might invalidate the speculah that Homura is greedy when it comes to Grief Seeds.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2011-01-24, 04:08   Link #16
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

akemi is going to be the Fate of this series. XD i hope. XD MAWRR HOMURA AWESOMENESS!!!!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 14:31   Link #17
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

So, so far we have learned that she has at least 4 abilities as a magical girl.

1.She can create barriers

2.She can teleport

3.She can fire somekind of laser projectile

4.She can create bombs

Judging by these abilities, I say it's obvious she was more suited to fight the witch in episode 3 than Mami.

I wonder what other abilities she has up her sleeve.
Old 2011-01-25, 18:11   Link #18
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
I wonder what other abilities she has up her sleeve.
Official site depicts her as an archer. Modaka too btw, and Sayaka uses a sword.

http://www.madoka-magica.com/character/homura.html
Old 2011-01-26, 00:03   Link #19
scr
my sides are in orbit

Homura's ability is exploding arrows, then?
Old 2011-01-26, 15:15   Link #20
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Homura's ability is exploding arrows, then?
More like those "laser projectile" she was attacking Kyuubey with are the arrows. At least, that's what I think....

Tags
characters