AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2017-11-17, 19:20   Link #38841
vic-vic

There still must be a large enough groups inside of the Kingdom to build and maintain the infrastructure and factories. Interdimensional ships are VERY sophisicated and resource-hungry items
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 19:40   Link #38842
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
There still must be a large enough groups inside of the Kingdom to build and maintain the infrastructure and factories. Interdimensional ships are VERY sophisicated and resource-hungry items
Yes, there is. It's the so-called central government lead by the King. It's a compromise; the King gives the tribes interdimensional ships and also offering maintenance. In turns, the tribes will pay their taxes and don't attack the de facto territory of the central government. It's one of few ways for the central government to remain significant rather than just some other tribe that others can attack.

Since no tribe knows how to build the ship and it's one of the most guarded secret by the Kingdom, no one (smart enough) want to risk loosing their only source for ships. And if someone is stupid enough to do that, the tribes will unite and crush that idiot.

Resource to build ships is something that the Kingdom have a lot.
Whedon the Snarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 19:50   Link #38843
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Yeah. If they have logistical capacity to cart back significant enough amounts of food, and have raiding parties sufficiently strong to overcome technologically superior local TSAB forces, than those individual clans certainly have enough resources to find unsettled or barely settled worlds and claim them as their new homes. Because this is like what happened with Iceland, Greenland and such.

Hell one might argue that it might be cheaper and easier to find a world and simply hunt there an haul that back than having to fight into the teeth of the defended systems pissing off the 1000 pound gorilla, that might be distracted with something shiny in it's hand right now, but it's still a 1 ton gorilla.

And as for not knowing where they are. They are a civilization. For one I'm not sure how far out would they need to be out for TSAB not to be aware of them already, even before they got into space. And they need to be close enough for TSAB to be a viable target. And second it takes one scouting ship to notice one of their vessels and to tail it to discover that. And given that TSAB is likely to flood the area with light cruisers that is not that unlikely. Or do they somehow have superior Dimensional Sea crossing tech?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 20:45   Link #38844
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Remember that finding habitable planets is bullshit hard. We also don't know anything about terraforming in the Nanoha setting, so for story purposes we can just say they're nonexistent or prohibitively expensive.

"Flood them with light cruisers" is unlikely, at least for the first few months of hostilities. The Bureau could only spare one cruiser in TOS and A's despite OMG DANGEROUS LOST LOGIA. In Strikers, only three warships could be rapidly mobilized to defend their Capital world. All this gives the impression of a navy overstreched patrolling all those worlds while scanning for Lost Logia. How overstreched? Vague enough so that the writer can adjust it tofit the story.

My main concern is the interaction between plot and characters. As in, there's no mention of it yet.
Old 2017-11-17, 21:38   Link #38845
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Remember that finding habitable planets is bullshit hard. We also don't know anything about terraforming in the Nanoha setting, so for story purposes we can just say they're nonexistent or prohibitively expensive.

"Flood them with light cruisers" is unlikely, at least for the first few months of hostilities. The Bureau could only spare one cruiser in TOS and A's despite OMG DANGEROUS LOST LOGIA. In Strikers, only three warships could be rapidly mobilized to defend their Capital world. All this gives the impression of a navy overstreched patrolling all those worlds while scanning for Lost Logia. How overstreched? Vague enough so that the writer can adjust it tofit the story.

My main concern is the interaction between plot and characters. As in, there's no mention of it yet.
The interaction, huh?

Damn. When I check it, I realize it has some plot holes.

You know what? I need to fix it first. Until then, I don't think this idea will work.

On the other hand, I have another idea; a crossover between MGLN and Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In the idea, Nanoha and co. help the Avengers and SHIELD in dealing with various problems on Earth, which includes the Dark Elves (when they land on Greenwich), HYDRA, Ultron, the Inhumans, Avengers Civil War, and others.

At the same time, the TSAB have to deal with the Asgardians because they interfere with Earth's problems.
Old 2017-11-18, 05:26   Link #38846
4th Dimension

Quote:
Even without terraforming abandoned or uninhabited worlds don't really seem so rare given that half the fights in A's were happening on such worlds as the Wolkies had to hunt outside the sight of TSAB in the later stages of the incident. So I don't think suitable or near suitable worlds are that rare.

Quote:
Ehh. I dissagree about the TOS, A's bit. We don't know if any ships were sent to look for the stuff in TOS, or Artha might have been just one of them. How Artha actually does get involved is by being out on patrol and spotting the dimensional tremor due to Fate and Nanoha fighting. So I would say they have enough ships out on patrol to respond to maydays and such, eespecially if they are from the administered worlds.
As for A's, I don't know what would have sending more ships helped there. They mounted their biggest FUCK YOU cannon on Artha as soon as they figured out what was the nature of crysis, and there was never really any doubt that Arc would fail to take care of the BoD. The real problem there was preventing it's rampage from starting, limiting it's damage and stopping it for good. And sending more ships wouldn't have really helped much.

Old 2017-11-19, 17:44   Link #38847
Whedon the Snarker

You know, when I heard about the up-coming Netflix TV series The Punisher, it gives me an idea for a fanfic about the common people heroes in Nanohaverse.

We all know that Nanoha and co. are part of the TSAB. That means they will only act after a problem happens and someone informs them about that. Then there are also protocols and procedures that they need to follow.

As such, several civilians - mages and not - decide to do something about that. While the TSAB is known as protector of civilians, these people would be known for punishing and striking fear into criminals.

They're the ones who prevent mugged people from possibly getting killed by the muggers. They're the ones who make sure the neighbors remain safe even without the TSAB. They're the ones who punished criminals who managed to escape justice.
Old 2017-11-19, 19:06   Link #38848
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
That means they will only act after a problem happens and someone informs them about that.
Yeah, that's not quite how it works, since StrikerS is a case of working in a preventative manner.
Old 2017-11-19, 21:13   Link #38849
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, that's not quite how it works, since StrikerS is a case of working in a preventative manner.
Really? Isn't that the case of Jail firin the first shot and Riot Force 6 tries to prevent another shot?

Anyway, the point of the idea is that the TSAB have procedures and protocols that they need to follow. As such, in a bad case they can be obstructed by the red tapes. The common heroes, having no such restriction, decide to take out the criminals in their own ways. Which means vigilantism.
Old 2017-11-19, 21:34   Link #38850
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Riot Force 6 was formed specifically as a response to one of Carim's prophecies, and was basically there to try and stop said prophecy from happening. Furthermore, Fate had been after Jail for years before StrikerS.
Old 2017-11-19, 23:48   Link #38851
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Riot Force 6 was formed specifically as a response to one of Carim's prophecies, and was basically there to try and stop said prophecy from happening. Furthermore, Fate had been after Jail for years before StrikerS.
Ah, that's right.

About Fate though, she only after Jail because he involved himself in illegal matters. Which means that it was Jail who fired the first shot. Had he simply not involved himself in illegal matters, neither Fate nor other TSAB personnel would chase him.

In any case, there are limits on what the TSAB can do. They can't jailed someone without evidence or proof. They also need to make sure that evidence or proof is gained through legal ways. They can't just barge into a private place without warrant.

Due to those limitations, some common people decide to take the path of vigilantism to take care of criminals that managed to escape justice.
Old 2017-11-20, 09:15   Link #38852
Saluki

Hi, does anyone here have a copy of Allquall's fic called "The Name of War" and "[M]Other Love"? She's a really good author, but had deleted all her stuff from fanfiction.net.
Saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 09:34   Link #38853
4th Dimension

Quote:
Ah, that's right.

About Fate though, she only after Jail because he involved himself in illegal matters. Which means that it was Jail who fired the first shot. Had he simply not involved himself in illegal matters, neither Fate nor other TSAB personnel would chase him.
Sooo, you are proposing for people who HAVEN'T committed any crimes, that is innocent, to be persecuted by these vigilantes for the POSSIBILITY of doing SOMETHING?

Quote:
In any case, there are limits on what the TSAB can do. They can't jailed someone without evidence or proof. They also need to make sure that evidence or proof is gained through legal ways. They can't just barge into a private place without warrant.

Due to those limitations, some common people decide to take the path of vigilantism to take care of criminals that managed to escape justice.
I don't think TSAB is gonna wait for nobody if they have reasons to suspect somebody is up to something that might be dangerous to the stability of the system.

Old 2017-11-20, 10:51   Link #38854
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Sooo, you are proposing for people who HAVEN'T committed any crimes, that is innocent, to be persecuted by these vigilantes for the POSSIBILITY of doing SOMETHING?
Not really. I admit I guess I use the wrong words or put it wrongly.

Some of the vigilantes targets are people who used loopholes in the laws to make profit for themselves at the expense of other people's lives. Like some owners of famous company do something that caused many people to lost their jobs and manage to get away with it with their army of lawyers and abuses of exact words and loopholes.

Basically, against those people the TSAB hands are tied because they did nothing illegal according to the laws. And that's where the vigilantes decide to strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
I don't think TSAB is gonna wait for nobody if they have reasons to suspect somebody is up to something that might be dangerous to the stability of the system.
For organization like the TSAB, there are protocols and procedures that they need to follow.

Let's say that the TSAB is chasing some organized crime. This organization has dirty cops and judges in their pockets. This will caused some hindrances for the Bureau.

Then there's a matter of collecting the evidences. If the evidences are located in private places, then the Bureau can't just go in and grab them. They need to convince some officials to get them the warrant needed to search the place.

Then there's a matter of treating the suspects. There's a limit on what the TSAB could do unless they want to be accused of police brutality.

Those are some of the reasons on why the vigilantes exist. They know that the TSAB has limitations and decide to act in areas where the Bureau can't.

Needless to say, many people adored and scorned them.
Old 2017-11-20, 12:57   Link #38855
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluki View Post
Hi, does anyone here have a copy of Allquall's fic called "The Name of War" and "[M]Other Love"? She's a really good author, but had deleted all her stuff from fanfiction.net.
I don't have The Name of War, but [M]Other Love is in my possession. You can also send her a request asking for a copy to read--it's how I got [M]Other Love after she deleted it.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:09   Link #38856
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
I don't have The Name of War, but [M]Other Love is in my possession. You can also send her a request asking for a copy to read--it's how I got [M]Other Love after she deleted it.
Do you mind telling me what kind of story [M]Other Love is? I am kind of bored with the Nanoha fics that I have read and want to try something new.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:11   Link #38857
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Do you mind telling me what kind of story [M]Other Love is? I am kind of bored with the Nanoha fics that I have read and want to try something new.
Non-magic AU in which Shiro Takamachi died, and some time later Lindy Harlaown moves into town with her children Chrono and Fate. Momoko and Lindy become friends, and later on, lovers. Precia and Jail are also involved in the story, but I'd rather not spoil how.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:53   Link #38858
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Non-magic AU in which Shiro Takamachi died, and some time later Lindy Harlaown moves into town with her children Chrono and Fate. Momoko and Lindy become friends, and later on, lovers. Precia and Jail are also involved in the story, but I'd rather not spoil how.
I see.

Then, do you know what kind of story The Name of War is? Also, how to send a request to Allquall to ask for the stories?
Old 2017-11-20, 20:35   Link #38859
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Name of War, from what I've read of it, involved political turmoil in the government of Mid-childa, in which at the time Hayate was running against a crooked politician and the incumbent politician. Meanwhile, that same crooked politician was persuading recent TSAB recruit Vivio to side with him against Nanoha and company, causing strife in the Takamachi household.

Allquall has/had an account on AnimeSuki and posted here. You can try messaging her here. If her account's still active on Fanfiction.net (it was when I requested [M]Other Love, after she'd deleted it from Fanfiction.net, you can message her there too.
Old 2017-11-20, 21:39   Link #38860
DKN117

I sorta remember that one. I remember that the main Big Bad's name was a deliberate anagram of 'Hitler', and that the final posted chapter ended on Nanoha being framed for a major crime IIRC.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha