AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-08, 14:20   Link #7221
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ So he was likely multi-accounting to boost his own ranking...
Old 2018-08-08, 19:10   Link #7222
bakato

Can anyone give me a synopsis of 魔王学院の不適合者? Two volumes published by Dengeki Bunko. Character designs caught my eye.
Old 2018-08-08, 20:35   Link #7223
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Amatsunagi posted about it a few months ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Synopsis: In the midst of the long war between 4 races (Gods, Humans, Spirits, Demons), Anos Voldeigod, the Tyrant Demon King, takes decision to sacrifice himself to end the war, and with his sacrifice, the 4 realm are barricaded with impenetrable walls that protect each realms against others. Anos reincarnated 2 millennium later where the world is at least at peace. Not long after reincarnated, Anos received invitation letter to enroll the Delzogede academy. Thinking he would see with his eyes how his descendants grow, he enrolled to the academy, but instead of growth, he found the demons of this era are weaker. Anos who supposed to be the Tyrant himself is branded as "unfit"!?

Usually the mc of this kind of story is the troublesome type to hide his own power and identity with lazy reason but Anos is the opposite. He is brazen and does not hesitate to show his power though no one approves or believes him as the Tyrant due to various reason. The most thing I like of Anos is that he is full of confident and reliable, similar to Sakamaki Izayoi from mondaiji. Heroines and other characters are also quite likeable, with my second favorites being the Chorus girls for comedy (yaoi song as national anthem is just gold).

Yo, erotora,
It has romance, not for the protag though (at least for now), but best friend gets icha-icha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
He live most of his life in war, therefore no time for love. Even after reincarnating, romance is still out of his head, so he never sought one. He's not the type to care with trivial things like that. I guess he will be open just like dran (sayonara ryuusei), when the time come.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 01:53   Link #7224
Garn

something about this one - ひとりぼっちの異世界攻略 ~チートスキルは売り切れだった
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 16:09   Link #7225
Saihate

Just a warning to anyone thinking of reading 元最強の剣士は、異世界魔法に憧れる (n7928dt) "Moto saikyou no kenshi".

The manga for this one had an interesting premise that made me interested in the WN. Thus, I read upto chapter 100. I really wish I hadn't
If I had to describe it in one word, it would be irritating. The author's writing style is one of the worst I've seen.
The author uses a hundred lines to say something that can be said in 5 words, he keeps repeating the same thing hundred times every chapter, and he keeps going off on tangents like there's no tomorrow.

Just take a look at the beginning of chapter 90 he uses 18 lines just to say something extremely obvious like the school is run on a 5 day school week. Seriously. He uses all those lines just to say that. This keeps happening every damn chapter and in every damn paragraph.

The reason I got to 100 chapters is because I'm a completionist and that I thought he might stop doing that. Sadly, it kept becoming worse. I seriously don't recommend reading this. It will irritate you like you've never imagined you can be.
Saihate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 16:42   Link #7226
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ I read part of that ages ago and dropped it after around 20 chapters from how dull it was. I'm impressed you lasted 100 without going mad.
Old 2018-08-16, 10:58   Link #7227
Saihate

^^It's a cruel curse... ;(
Once I start doing something, I have a very hard time to let it go regardless of how bad it turned out to be until I finish it.
Saihate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 15:35   Link #7228
Rasty

^ Yeah, I absolutely get this. For example with novels when I start reading I usually feel compelled to read it whole no matter how good it is or isn't unless I find something genuinely terrible (or rather about a dozen terrible things about it) that makes me stop. Thus oftentimes findings myself reading an absolutely boring novel and secretly hoping that the author is just gonna splendidly butcher it so that I can finally drop it. The usual result is, that after catching up to current release I never touch it again (even if it still gets updates).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 19:56   Link #7229
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ I try to complete things as well, but when it just gets way too boring, I can't even be bothered to continue anymore, especially with how massive my backlog is.
Old 2018-08-28, 18:17   Link #7230
Garn

神器を十個持って異世界から帰ってきたけど、現代もファンタジーだったので片手間に無双することにした。【 連載版】

I wil be frank this time, waste of time, the protagonist has no interez at all (not even in the opposite sex), the supposed "future harem" (the team that the MC enters) is to create mini dramas (arcs) that will be resolved when the MC wants to do something at last, the only heroine who has something interesting suddenly is married and with a daughter (), and the most annoying, in the narrated parts the author always puts the MC on a pedestal although it is not even present in the chapter.

I forgot, the description of the magical society seems to be made by a 5 year old kid.
Old 2018-08-28, 19:33   Link #7231
sasuke706

Yeah that was pretty much my impression of the series too.

One of the MC's items prevents him from feeling anything special even if he sees a girl naked.
His only motivations seem to be from confronting "troubles" that pop up, since he gets bored easily.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 22:56   Link #7232
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
Is that Sugar from Death March? lol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 13:43   Link #7233
wuhugm
Confused Shark

In Japanese Isekai Reincarnation, MC often brings modern inventions to Isekai

But

In Chinese Isekai Reincarnation, MC never does that
They completely adapt to that world and only depend on cultivation

Why so different?
Old 2018-08-30, 14:26   Link #7234
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

I'm guessing it's because Japanese isekai, it's more focused on actual reincarnation and such, but Chinese, all they think about is wuxia or whatever the term was.
Old 2018-08-30, 14:33   Link #7235
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
I'm guessing it's because Japanese isekai, it's more focused on actual reincarnation and such, but Chinese, all they think about is wuxia or whatever the term was.
no, the Chinese don't spend 24hr a day 7 days a week memorizing the blue print for a nuke so that they can built one when they go isekai.

Seriously i think the biggest plot hole is how all these losers and neet in japan become fountains of knowledge (sci, tech, farming, business and government management) after getting isekai.

The chinese isekai who adapted to his new world is more believable then a japanese isekai who who built a microwave.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2018-08-30 at 16:25.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 16:15   Link #7236
cabman11

Can someone help me find something, I think there was a thread here but I can't find it.

okay so hero comes back to Earth, turns out that Earth has already become a fantasy world. And it's connected to like two other worlds, and that he is pretty much like f class or D class in terms of their rating system. But that's because the rating system can't see another stat that he had which was SSS or something.
Also I think he was hated by his family and sister.
Old 2018-08-30, 16:29   Link #7237
Breimn

^I Came Back but the World is Still a Fantasy!?
Hated by the brother/sister while the mother basically thinks MC was dead since too many years passed so she doesnt belive MC is her son.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 17:21   Link #7238
Breimn

To be a power in the shadows got licensed.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 20:53   Link #7239
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^Kaettekitemo Fantasy!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
no, the Chinese don't spend 24hr a day 7 days a week memorizing the blue print for a nuke so that they can built one when they go isekai.

Seriously i think the biggest plot hole is how all these losers and neet in japan become fountains of knowledge (sci, tech, farming, business and government management) after getting isekai.

The chinese isekai who adapted to his new world is more believable then a japanese isekai who who built a microwave.
Indeed lol~

In this case, I prefer Chinese approach

Unless MC's power is something like transmutation or something

I'm sick of MCs turn Isekai into freaking Japan
Old 2018-08-30, 22:45   Link #7240
Garn

Basically while having less Japanese element is better since they are the same points as always but in a kind of European environment (according to them) and with archetype of protagonist that even in a fictional story can not exist, meanwhile the Chinese are in a Chinese world with a protagonist who feels human.

Tags
web novel