Old 2012-06-24, 02:34   Link #401
GundamFan0083

Ultimate Zombie killing rifle.

Old 2012-06-24, 11:39   Link #402
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*sigh*

Typical accessory enthusiasm that ends up overloading a weapon to the point that it practically becomes too awkward to use in real life.

Besides, I would seriously object to the use of a QD sound suppressor on an AR in the event of an apocalyptic zombie outbreak - those contraptions have the nasty habit of blowing gasses and soot back into the chamber, regardless of whether the AR is gas piston or DGI-operated. If you're smart, you won't want increased maintenance loads for the entire duration of such a catastrophic event, especially if you're condemned to scavenge for spare parts/supplies in zombie-infested areas.

As for the nine thirty-rounder STANAGs slapped together? Way to reduce your mobility, buddy. You're better off using Beta CMAGs (assuming you can find those as well as the time to reload them) instead. Faster to reload and less likely to snap apart.

And...why two tactical flashlights when one suffices? (can zombies be blinded, btw? or do they just rely on hearing?)

...Yeah, I know those two guys did the entire outfitting for the lulz and the deliberate excess was meant to be entertaining, too...but the end result makes me cringe rather than smile. Remember the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stupid. There's also a beauty in simplicity and barebone ruggedness.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:46   Link #403
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
*sigh*

Typical accessory enthusiasm that ends up overloading a weapon to the point that it practically becomes too awkward to use in real life.

Besides, I would seriously object to the use of a QD sound suppressor on an AR in the event of an apocalyptic zombie outbreak - those contraptions have the nasty habit of blowing gasses and soot back into the chamber, regardless of whether the AR is gas piston or DGI-operated. If you're smart, you won't want increased maintenance loads for the entire duration of such a catastrophic event, especially if you're condemned to scavenge for spare parts/supplies in zombie-infested areas.

As for the nine thirty-rounder STANAGs slapped together? Way to reduce your mobility, buddy. You're better off using Beta CMAGs (assuming you can find those as well as the time to reload them) instead. Faster to reload and less likely to snap apart.

And...why two tactical flashlights when one suffices? (can zombies be blinded, btw? or do they just rely on hearing?)

...Yeah, I know those two guys did the entire outfitting for the lulz and the deliberate excess was meant to be entertaining, too...but the end result makes me cringe rather than smile. Remember the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stupid. There's also a beauty in simplicity and barebone ruggedness.
I found it funny in an absurdist way.
The whole configuration is off-the-wall ridiculous and they said that was their point.

The "best" weapon for a zombie apocalypse would be this IMHO:

Parts are plentiful, most models hold at least 5 (6 with one in the chamber) shots, with many holding up to 10.

Ammo is abumdant in 12 guage, and since zombies are close range combatants, a shotgun is perfect IMO.
Although a high caliber, modest capacity pistol is a good back up as well.

Not that I believe there is ever going to be a "movie-style" zombie holocaust...but a mass cannabilistic movement due to food shortages?
I think that's possible.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:47   Link #404
Lost Cause

Actually, you could you the new P-mag that holds a whopping 60 rounds!
As for the pistol mentioned by GundamFan0083:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZieGM5rWmVo&sns=em
I'll take one of these!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 01:14   Link #405
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The Para-Ordnance P14-45 looks nice, too - it's one of the rare M1911 clones with a true double-stack magazine.
Old 2012-06-26, 01:54   Link #406
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

The P14 has always intrigued me, as I've felt that the only disadvantage (other than weight, which may or may not be a big deal, depending on the individual) that the 1911 has compared to modern full-sized pistols is its limited capacity. And from what I've heard/read, the grips on the P14 are pretty slim. The company claims that they're as thin as a 1911's, but 1911 folks say you can definitely feel that they're slightly wider.

I've never actually met anyone who owns one, which isn't surprising since mag sizes are limited to 10 rounds here in Cali, and I don't know if I'd be willing to pay that much ($879 MSRP) for 2 extra rounds. That being said, there are 1911 fans/collectors who are willing to pay big bucks, so I'm sure I'll run into one someday. Unfortunately, none of my friends are into 1911s all that much, so I doubt I'll be shooting one anytime in the near future.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:57   Link #407
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
The company claims that they're as thin as a 1911's, but 1911 folks say you can definitely feel that they're slightly wider.
The .45 ACP round is relatively wide, so if the P14-45 uses double stacks, I'd have to question the company's claim. It might not be a drastic increase in width, but it has to be more noticeable than on a vanilla single-stack M1911.

Quote:
I've never actually met anyone who owns one, which isn't surprising since mag sizes are limited to 10 rounds here in Cali, and I don't know if I'd be willing to pay that much ($879 MSRP) for 2 extra rounds.
Actually, 4 extra rounds. The full capacity version sold by Para-Ordnance uses 14r magazines, though it does offer a "restricted capacity" version with 10r or so.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:59   Link #408
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Finally got my head around parallax this morning shooting down the range.

Adjusted my scope properly so the image and reticle were viewed in the same plane and I have to say it really made a difference on the longer shots.

I'll be experimenting a lot more in my free time.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 03:36   Link #409
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Actually, you could you the new P-mag that holds a whopping 60 rounds!
As for the pistol mentioned by GundamFan0083:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZieGM5rWmVo&sns=em
I'll take one of these!

This is my bedside weapon of choice.
Great gun BTW if you can find one in good shape.
I bought mine while you could still get them new.

Old 2012-06-26, 20:20   Link #410
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
This is my bedside weapon of choice.
Great gun BTW if you can find one in good shape.
I bought mine while you could still get them new.

A very nice revolver! But my heart will always belong to the 1911A1.
Old 2012-06-27, 02:35   Link #411
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Tested out the new targets today and shot a group I was pretty proud of at 500m!

The first four rounds landed close to each other but the last shot went low and left but I called that right after I shot so pretty damn happy with it.

Then a strong finish with a head(mouth)shot. XD

Old 2012-07-19, 06:27   Link #412
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

We were shooting out to a kilometre on the weekend.

Shit's crazy! I ran out of adjustment and could just shoot out there using my Mil-Dot reticle. I could invest in a canted mount for a few extra MOA of adjustment but I'd sacrifice the perfect 100m zero I get out of my 0MOA mount.

Also went out spot lighting and I shot a fox at two hundred metres over a ute bonnet with the 308W. Didn't have time to dial any adjustments in the scope and fudged a solution just as my mate whistled it to stop long enough to get a shot off.

I'm using a Nosler Custom Competition 168gr Boat Tail Hollow Points and oh they made a mess. The first round was a hit right on it's spine behind the shoulder blades and immobilized it (nearly split it in half, scary stuff!). My second shot was a headshot for peace and mercy.

Rest in peace. You rat bastard.

Old 2012-10-18, 01:09   Link #413
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Oh hey guys. Eleven months later and it turns up.

Sako 85 Varmint in 204Ruger.

bbl shooting time.

Old 2012-10-18, 06:31   Link #414
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Are those tracer rounds.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 06:36   Link #415
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

No they're plastic tipped, varmint projectiles. The tip causes the round to mushroom more uniformly than standard hollow and soft pointed ammunition.

Plus it's damn accurate.

Got a couple 1/2" groups with this thing so far.

Will have more of a play on the weekend.

Old 2012-10-18, 08:26   Link #416
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
No they're plastic tipped, varmint projectiles. The tip causes the round to mushroom more uniformly than standard hollow and soft pointed ammunition.

Plus it's damn accurate.

Got a couple 1/2" groups with this thing so far.

Will have more of a play on the weekend.
Heh, I got used to reading red-tipped rounds as tracer rounds. Think you can ever try a steel-core at maximum range through a block of cement/steel-plate sandwich? That scope looks pretty nifty enough to put something down 600m.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:13   Link #417
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Bullet tax proposal in hunt for solution to Chicago gun crime
Call for a levy of nickel for each bullet and $25 for each firearm sold in the city

Your opinion? Whether or not this proposal will pass, do you think taxing bullets will reduce gun crimes or not?

In a related note, it reminded me of this joke.

Old 2012-10-18, 09:58   Link #418
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Your opinion? Whether or not this proposal will pass, do you think taxing bullets will reduce gun crimes or not?
Ask yourself this, if you're gonna go kill someone, will having to spent an extra 5 cents going to stop you?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:35   Link #419
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Ask yourself this, if you're gonna go kill someone, will having to spent an extra 5 cents going to stop you?
Would that reduce crime, probably not. But it might help the budjet of the city
Old 2012-10-18, 20:03   Link #420
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Oh hey guys. Eleven months later and it turns up.

Sako 85 Varmint in 204Ruger.

bbl shooting time.
A beautiful rifle! .204 Ruger? That's a fairly new bullet isn't it? One of my brothers (David I think) got a Ruger rifle in it, but hasn't had any stories with it...yet.

Tags
firearms, guns