AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 00:52   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 612 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoiler are...now released.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-12-05 at 09:33.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 03:17   Link #2
ranchan13

Spoiler for 612:

I wish I could say it was a better chapter, but I rate it a 4/10.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but can we get back to Sasuke for a few chapters?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 03:24   Link #3
kiki san

a little boring, this chapter~~
kiki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 04:16   Link #4
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well.. Kishi tried to make something epic...
a perfect cooperation with simple idea... restrain Jyuubi using huge hard mud-box then deal with Madara and Obito

but we all know that next chapter will bring all of them to despair...

c'mon Naruto and Bee! don't waste your chakra! you need to use that epic-bijuu mode again!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 10:16   Link #5
itachi-san314

yea all this is doing is biding time, which is in and of itself important so kurama can build up chakra, but it just comes across as futile nevertheless. i guess they know it though, since shikarmaru's dad even said they wouldn't be able to restrain the juubi for long. i don't think they'll even be able to restrain it for as long as they think they can. if the juubi makes mincemeat out of the alliance, it might be a good time for sasuke to intervene so the pressure isn't immediately back on naruto and kurama. it was nice to hear an explanation for naruto's pointless drivel too. he wasn't just being pointlessly argumentative, he was biding time too
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 10:24   Link #6
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea all this is doing is biding time, which is in and of itself important so kurama can build up chakra, but it just comes across as futile nevertheless. i guess they know it though, since shikarmaru's dad even said they wouldn't be able to restrain the juubi for long. i don't think they'll even be able to restrain it for as long as they think they can. if the juubi makes mincemeat out of the alliance, it might be a good time for sasuke to intervene so the pressure isn't immediately back on naruto and kurama. it was nice to hear an explanation for naruto's pointless drivel too. he wasn't just being pointlessly argumentative, he was biding time too
kishi seems to be biding time as well...no worries though. I've waiting this long, i can wait a bit more...

also, skika dad just reminded everyone madara was only vulnerable to physical attacks. why is naruto holding a wind rasengan?! when he misses i hope he at least lands some frog fu...that is if the "mature" juubi doesn't intervene.
Old 2012-12-05, 10:52   Link #7
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
also, skika dad just reminded everyone madara was only vulnerable to physical attacks. why is naruto holding a wind rasengan?! when he misses i hope he at least lands some frog fu...that is if the "mature" juubi doesn't intervene.
Maybe he's hoping he can force Madara to absorb it with the Rasengan, and then get him to absorb too much natural energy and turn into a frog statue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 11:25   Link #8
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I don't know how they figured out the 5 minute rule with Obito. Did Shikamaru's dad just figure it out on his own from the intelligence? Then it took him in a short time to figure out what it apparently took Konan years to.

And Shikaku, who was the star of this chapter, is beyond Hokage level since he is the first guy to use Naruto's pointless and annoying drivel to an advantage.

My problem with this fight was that it was built around only a few characters. Now at least we are seeing others do things. Even if it was 100% fodder this chapter.

Kishi wants to make the point that the many working together can take down the strong. Even Madara never expected the Alliance to work together. They'll counter next week. And the new "matured" Jyuubi will wipe out most of the fodder. The rookies will shine. Obito will turn on Madara. You know how it will end.

Kishi is really letting go with ship teases. Last week in was NaruHina. This week it was ShikaTema. Temari was getting all hot thinking of how her babies were going to get that Nara IQ. I guess we are getting close to ending this manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this, but can we get back to Sasuke for a few chapters?
NO! No problem with seeing Sasuke. But he attached himself to the Suigetsu-Juugo comedy team and we know what that means. Plus whatever Sasuke does will be even more boring since it will all be exposition while everyone else is fighting. Exposition we need, but still just talking. All this so Sasuke can make his decision.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 12:07   Link #9
Slydragon93
Anime & Manga Reviewer

Naruto Chapter 612 was a pretty good read, since it was good to see everyone finally taking on the Jubi together as an alliance.

Do you think Naruto and Obito will just talk things out like with what he
did with Pain? Hopefully not as I want to see Naruto and Obito have a full on battle with each other.

Do you guys reckon the kage's will eventually join the battle and fight alongside the Shinobi alliance? As it is a shame that they're missing out on this battle lol

Last edited by james0246; 2012-12-08 at 08:26.
Slydragon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 13:39   Link #10
Ushio the Omega

LOL there are so many blood line users introduced this chapter it's a shame they only used 2 of the bloodline techniques already shown and that there some of the weakest. Seriously a bloodline technique that requires an additional element to work LAME!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 16:37   Link #11
b1gdawg

Such a pointless/waste of time Chapter.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:17   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I literally lol'd when i saw that last page. "The jyuubi has just about reached maturity." <----
Old 2012-12-05, 18:38   Link #13
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I wonder if the Jyuubi has pubes yet....

This chapter = boring. Terrible terrible end to it.

Only thing this can mean is that the next chapter should and will blow our minds. *fingers crossed*
Old 2012-12-05, 19:47   Link #14
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post

This chapter = boring. Terrible terrible end to it.

Only thing this can mean is that the next chapter should and will blow our minds. *fingers crossed*
Nothing is going to blow your mind at this point. What could you possibly want? This is what the manga is. You should of realized that during the Pain fight.

Madara is immortal, overpowered, and impossible to relate to. Why should I care about him? Obito is a whining brat who can't get over a girl who didn't like him. Naruto is an annoying arrogant little screwball. The Jyuubi is a giant one-eyed monster thing. Until the Konoha rookies step forward, the Alliance is a bunch of fodder we don't care about.

That said, I actually liked the chapter for the kooky action and overuse of jutsu. I enjoy it when Kishi attempts to feign intelligence. I always like teamwork more than one character summoning meteors or giant monsters shooting lasers. And Shikaku is badarse. But until the rookies step forward, the Alliance is irrelevant and fodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
Pointless is not the entire Alliance army attacking the Jyuubi, Madara, and Obito. Pointless is any chapter with Team Taka or Naruto training for some silly powerup.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 20:36   Link #15
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
As boring as it was it was a necessary chapter. Although when Kishimoto wants to demonstrate what was the point it usually fails to some degree. If the point here is that the ninja alliance is the greatest thing and that Naruto believes in his friends and allies then it will fail in the next chapters because soon enough they'll simply fail. And then it will be Naruto alone who can save their asses, but then the point of having the alliance coming to rescue him comes down to the fact that they could earn a few minutes for Naruto to recover to full strenght again and also to show that Naruto learned the lesson Itachi was teaching him and has matured during this war too. And it's even made obvious by Madara's comments how weak the alliance is, and the reader easily believes a guy who single handedly destroyed part of the alliance with only one of his massive jutsu (the double-meteor) and was playing around with the kages, then showing off his final susano just to be interrupted before he would do anything and then out of pride finished off the kages even without using his complete susano. And that's only Madara, then there's the 10-tails and Tobito too. But despite all this i really liked to see this ultimate team effort, because as much as Kishimoto likes to talk about how important team work is there were only a few cases when there was real teamwork. Of course as usual the teamwork will fail and in the end it will be a battle of super-powered individuals

What i didn't like is how they just know about Obito's secret 5 minute limit. But that can easily be repaired by later adding that Konan did send some origami bird to Konoha with what she knows about Tobi in case she is defeated.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 04:54   Link #16
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I noticed the fact that only a skilled taijutsu user could attack Madara. Maybe Rock lee will finally be given some screen time.
Old 2012-12-06, 08:49   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Temari was getting all hot thinking of how her babies were going to get that Nara IQ.
I'll just wait until Temari was getting all wet thinking of how her babies were going to get that Nara IQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I noticed the fact that only a skilled taijutsu user could attack Madara. Maybe Rock lee will finally be given some screen time.
Rock Lee kicking Madara's ass? Now that's something I really want to see. No matter how crazy it is .
Old 2012-12-06, 09:47   Link #18
Night_Music
The End of Light

I started reading the latest chapter, hoping to see what kind of jutsu the " Fuuton: Kazekiri No Jutsu" was. Somehow, I was disappointed that it turned out to be just the "Shinobi Alliance no Jutsu". I was really looking forward to see this new technique (if there was any). So is this just a "translation mistake"?
Night_Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:07   Link #19
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
I started reading the latest chapter, hoping to see what kind of jutsu the " Fuuton: Kazekiri No Jutsu" was. Somehow, I was disappointed that it turned out to be just the "Shinobi Alliance no Jutsu". I was really looking forward to see this new technique (if there was any). So is this just a "translation mistake"?
I don't think it is, its just a disappointing conclusion to an exciting build up. Damn you Naruto.
Old 2012-12-06, 11:47   Link #20
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'll just wait until Temari was getting all wet thinking of how her babies were going to get that Nara IQ.

Rock Lee kicking Madara's ass? Now that's something I really want to see. No matter how crazy it is .
Since it's been introduced, I feel like we're bound to see the 8th gate release (and of course it turn out to only be for distraction purposes).

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion