AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-13, 02:39   Link #41
deadite

This Manga/Anime is made to titillate don't let the oppressive and "serious" tone fool you. Don't think this is something deep like Aku no Hana.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 03:22   Link #42
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
What the hell did I just watched? I thought it was going to be your standard drama where two people date each other just to avoid being lonely. I didn't think they would this far with pretending to be a couple. I reminded me of School Days a lot, but with better characters (although these two characters are still scum).

I hope it doesn't become a cheap ecchi drama show, otherwise dropped. It's one of the weaker premieres so far I've seen, and it was disappointing. The drama just didn't work for me so far.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 04:16   Link #43
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I reminded me of School Days a lot, but with better characters (although these two characters are still scum).

That says a lot
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 05:21   Link #44
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Internet confession time:

This hits home for me because, quite frankly, I was involved in a somewhat similar... "agreement" sort of relationship in the past but under a different set of reasons and circumstances. Suffice to say that I understand perfectly why they ended up the way they did: there came a time in their life where they thought they only had one recourse to fill that bitter void in their hearts that they believed they could not fill.

They chose to try and plug that void in each other, if only as a band-aid to a bigger problem they knew this sort of relationship would not fill even the slightest. It's only a temporary, fleeting stopgap of physical intimacy and pleasure for a vacuum that won't be stopped until they find exactly what they're looking for.

And as someone who has been there, done that, all I can say is that in the end you either fall in so deep as to break the promise the two of you supposedly made (such as in my case), or end up in circumstances that will just make the void you tried to fill even bigger, even more depressing, and in the future even more haunting. I'm still paying the price of that choice even now.

If that desperate attempt to find some emotional peace and solace by band-aiding it with fleeting physical intimacy makes them scum in people's eyes... then I guess I must be scum too.

Edit - Before anyone asks this segment of my life did more or less end up well, as she's one of my closest friends now. What I'm talking about are the emotional scars which I still deal with even now, for better or for worse.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 05:29   Link #45
bastek66

Multiple artists from working in same magazine/publisher did arts for advertising KnH
Spoiler for Kei Sanbe (BokuMachi/Erased):

Spoiler for Mashu Sabu (Saekano: Koisuru Metronome):

Spoiler for Hekiru Hikawa (Pani Poni):

Spoiler for Lynn Okamoto (Elfen Lied, Brynhildr in Darkness:

Spoiler for Oh! Great (Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge):

Spoiler for Maybe (Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari:

Spoiler for Yuji Iwahara (Dimension W):

Spoiler for Inio Asano (Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin):

Spoiler for Rensuke Oshikiri (High Score Girl, Pupipo):

Spoiler for Bkub Ookawa (Pop Team Epic, Honey Come Chatka, Chen):
Old 2017-01-13, 15:26   Link #46
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Without sex, the setup between this guy and Hana seems odd to me. So a mutual vow to not fall in love and a decision to probably not have sex... combining the two, what does their relationship truly offer to one another? I'm not sure I'd even call it the shell of a romance. But it's this inherent weakness to this setup that gives it some narrative potential.
I'd say companionship, someone who you feel understands what you feel. It's an interesting concept to explore in the anime medium and I personally don't feel like I've seen enough shows exploring these kinds of situations so I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes, especially after the brilliant presentation Lerche provided us with. That's something worth praising even if people are understandably critical of the source material (which I don't know and, frankly, don't personally care whether it's good or bad. I'll make my own judgement on the anime adaptation in due time).

I was also very pleasantly surprised by the voice work of Anzai Chika there. I definitely didn't recognize her at first and for a moment even thought I was listening to Hanazawa Kana actually. After this and Hibiki I'll probably have to keep an ear out for her other roles.
Old 2017-01-13, 15:40   Link #47
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

This hits home for me because, quite frankly, I was involved in a somewhat similar... "agreement" sort of relationship in the past but under a different set of reasons and circumstances. Suffice to say that I understand perfectly why they ended up the way they did: there came a time in their life where they thought they only had one recourse to fill that bitter void in their hearts that they believed they could not fill.

They chose to try and plug that void in each other, if only as a band-aid to a bigger problem they knew this sort of relationship would not fill even the slightest. It's only a temporary, fleeting stopgap of physical intimacy and pleasure for a vacuum that won't be stopped until they find exactly what they're looking for.

And as someone who has been there, done that, all I can say is that in the end you either fall in so deep as to break the promise the two of you supposedly made (such as in my case), or end up in circumstances that will just make the void you tried to fill even bigger, even more depressing, and in the future even more haunting. I'm still paying the price of that choice even now.

If that desperate attempt to find some emotional peace and solace by band-aiding it with fleeting physical intimacy makes them scum in people's eyes... then I guess I must be scum too.

Edit - Before anyone asks this segment of my life did more or less end up well, as she's one of my closest friends now. What I'm talking about are the emotional scars which I still deal with even now, for better or for worse.
I agree, they haven't done anything worthy of opprobrium yet. No active attempt at sabotaging the teachers' relationship (are they even one?), though it might come.

Still, I look at them, and I think "wow, it doesn't look like it's helping at all. Why do you guys even bother?".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 17:54   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With a title like Scum's wish, I expected things to be darker than that. Perhaps we will get there soon. I was surprised the guy decided they wouldn't have sex. I thought it'd be exactly what they were going to do to ease their loneliness and their painful unrequited feelings.

I didn't think the main heroine would be so lovable and I'm totally rooting for her already. She has a fun personality.
Old 2017-01-13, 18:04   Link #49
alex_drian

This is somehow a Nisekoi that I can accept
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 22:15   Link #50
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

I'm sorry to hear you went through something like that. I understand that things worked out in the end but from the sound of it your assessment is that it's not in any way a "good" decision, but rather more like a desperate, hopeless attempt to fix something that the method simply can't fix? I'd say it makes sense why a person who commits such actions might call him/herself "scum", since it sounds like that's how it'd make you feel when you're being honest with yourself. That's not to say that you really ARE scum, any more than any of the rest of us fools out there searching for the answer; it just means that it's a path that can make a person take on such a view.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 22:38   Link #51
Peanutbutter

Saw this after an article on Sankaku and the first thought to me was "Wow, those fingers are well-animated."

After watching the first episode, this may be the sleeper-hit of the season. Strong and good production values, storyboarding, art, sound and acting thus far. Storywise, this may not be to everyone's taste, but it's something fresh to me.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 23:52   Link #52
Tormenk

Definitely a strong first episode. Looking forward to see how this will play out.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 23:57   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Multiple artists from working in same magazine/publisher did arts for advertising KnH
Spoiler for Mashu Sabu (Saekano: Koisuru Metronome):
Damn it, I thought it was Saikano and got excited before opening the image. I made this mistake when I was talking about anime with my friend too. At least twice.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 01:18   Link #54
Ultragunner

hm....objectively, what a great episode. However, my heart will probably not be able to handle it so I think I will put this on hold for now
Old 2017-01-14, 09:04   Link #55
Arya

Yeah, the episode was outstanding; I'm on the fence about the content and its direction. Given the premise also I can't really connect with the characters yet.
But unless it won't go too much out of hand I'll watch it. That's should be my cup of tea normally.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 09:32   Link #56
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm sorry to hear you went through something like that. I understand that things worked out in the end but from the sound of it your assessment is that it's not in any way a "good" decision, but rather more like a desperate, hopeless attempt to fix something that the method simply can't fix? I'd say it makes sense why a person who commits such actions might call him/herself "scum", since it sounds like that's how it'd make you feel when you're being honest with yourself. That's not to say that you really ARE scum, any more than any of the rest of us fools out there searching for the answer; it just means that it's a path that can make a person take on such a view.
Desperate people do desperate things. The fact that they call it a scum's wish suggests that they know fully well that what they're doing will never properly fill the void they share. Whether they know it may become self-destructive is another thing altogether.

I could at least commend them for acknowledging as much. Took me a while to realize how potentially crooked my own road was at the time.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 21:47   Link #57
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

e Rumbling Hearts is one of the earliest anime that I really adored as an adult, and maybe because it's already been a long time since White Album 2 (has it really been 4 years already?), but I've been hungry for a serious romantic drama and this one really fits the bill.
Heh, no kidding. I was hoping we'd eventually see a 2nd season of WA2, but heck, I'll take this. It's been waaaay too long since we had a more serious romance that's not all sunshine & rainbows.

Here's to a bunch of mixed emotions ~ tho overall, I just hope we'll get a quality anime. First episode definitely delivered, and was one of the best premieres of any anime this season ~ it just makes you want to see more.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 08:31   Link #58
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Saw this after an article on Sankaku and the first thought to me was "Wow, those fingers are well-animated."

After watching the first episode, this may be the sleeper-hit of the season. Strong and good production values, storyboarding, art, sound and acting thus far. Storywise, this may not be to everyone's taste, but it's something fresh to me.
From what little I know about this series I must say I find it a little ironic for you to say that with your avatar...
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 18:40   Link #59
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
hm....objectively, what a great episode. However, my heart will probably not be able to handle it so I think I will put this on hold for now
Just keep watching it man, and suffer with the rest of the people... or laugh at it, believe me
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 18:46   Link #60
scififan

I followed this show because I was fan of the Mengo Yokoyari's team work with Lynn Okamoto: Kimi Wa Midarana Boku No Joou. They created a manga world with where a boy meets a girl in the most awkward situation, but is still a light hearted comedy romance. Their own individual works tend to have dark themes.

As the typical work from Mengo Yokoyari,the protagonists are inflicting pain to themselves. It seems the heroines from mangaka's work are twisted. They cannot get what they want, so they feel left out. In reality, they have many good choices. The girl is popular, but she sees herself as a leftover, or scum. Her childhood friend are not romantic interest for her. He is romantically interested with his colleague. So, she is acting as sleazy.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote