4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-11, 12:25   Link #61
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

no gundam generic princess can rival diana soriel, i don't expect anything from this princess kudelia something
Old 2015-10-11, 12:32   Link #62
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Presumably this is a Gunslinger Girl type situation where, for technobabble reasons, only kid bodies can handle the tech, but it offers enough of an advantage that people in authority are willing to say, "Screw morality, lets round up some orphans and force them to fight for us."
I hate techno-battle... but I'm fine with this. In childhood your brain (and body) is adapting to how it is being used. People who learn a second language as children can learn it much better than those who do as an adult and apparently it even has visible effects on the shape of the brain.

Given that we're talking about changing the brain with this system it makes a lot of sense that it's only effective when implanted on people when they're children. I suspect it could be installed on adults but that they can't use it properly - the benefit would be significantly reduced and probably the risks increased as well. If it literally cannot be installed on adults at all then I'd be disappointed - it being impractical on adults is fine for me.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 12:50   Link #63
Ryuga

I'm sorry, I laughed at the guy crying about how Danji didn't get to die smothered in tits. Anyway, this show has been really solid so far. I'm really liking Mika as a protagonist, he's calm and colllected, but he can be incredibly menacing, as show during the fight between Crank and his men.

I need to do a rewatch to better understand the factions, it's flying over my head. Also, the ED is excellent.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 14:23   Link #64
bigdeath

"You told me you wanted to die smothered in breasts". A true mans dream. lol

"Breasts are soft, not like this cockpit" Kind of sad these poor kids are being force into battle and dieing before they've ever been with a woman, and all they can do is dream about it. Rather depressing, really.

Still, that line was kind of funny. I feel bad for laughing.

Also, biscuit's sisters.........loli moe overload. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That's a pretty tall order. You are asking us to let you be independent but you are still dependent on us to keep your colony alive?
Immediately after the American war of independence, Britain remained the USA top trading partner. Said trade helped the USA recover from the war. So its not as crazy an idea as you might think.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2015-10-11 at 14:38.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 14:46   Link #65
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Durimg the first few episodes of Gundam Zeta, I thought Kamile was a freaking psychopath with the way he kept acting so Mika doesn't scare me as much.
I think Camille would've been scarier if his outbursts were a little more subdued. As it is, my initial impression was that he was a kid throwing a tantrum, which doesn't really engender the same kind of fear that I get from Mikazuki.
Quote:
I can't help but wonder what his direction will be though. Typically Gundam protagonists eventually develop a grander cause to fight for than for just their crew but it's difficult for me to see that with someone that willingly confesses to not using his brain much and doesn't seem particularly bothered by leaving it all to Orga. And Orga doesn't seem to have any grand causes either.
The obvious choice for now is a test of his willingness to follow Orga without thinking on his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Her dad will probably be one of her breaking points. What I'm most curious about is where she'll fit in the grand scheme of things with the crew. She has a broad plot purpose, but she's very disconnected from Orga and co. at this point of time, and it's hard to see how she'll develop to gel herself with the team, if at all.
From watching the opening, her best bet is probably to convince the new Orga-led CGS (or an Orga-led split from CGS) to continue with the mission to get her to Earth. With the addition of first-hand knowledge about the condition of the children in Mars, she would probably try her best to find more supporters on Earth to her cause, whatever that may be beyond independence from Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Interestingly, according to the Gjallarhorn Mars commander, it seems the plan to assassinate Kudelia is not to silence the independent movement, but rather to stir the Martian up so the situation will become violent. I wonder why? So that Gjallarhorn can interfere officially? But then it seems he was hell bent on keeping the whole situation hidden from the inspection officers
I was surprised at that. I wonder if this is the work of a third party that has infiltrated Earth's government and is trying to weaken both sides by starting a war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
From working out & doing other physical exercises?

I think the show already tried to explain the abs by giving us a scene where Mika & Aki doing some workout together before the Gjallarhorn attacked (ep 1). I guess the other kids do the same but not as hardcore as those two (but still resulted in abs nonetheless)?
This is why I don't think they were malnourished at all, like some were thinking last episode. They clearly were not living in luxury, but they got enough nutrition to build their body up for the work. In fact, it makes CGS the place to be even with everything else that is wrong with it, compared to actually starving on the street.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 14:56   Link #66
Tchadnis

those kids are just expendable, "human debris" like they said in the show .. and more common for us they are live stock for those CGS corp it like you feed them to make money off them by fighting and doing mission for you .. just like we feed cow and chicken to eat them ... same thing , it sad but i think compared to some show this Gundam has a pretty good reality check. oh just like the saying "you can't fight with a empty stomach ".. they feed the kids for them to be better soldier ...
Old 2015-10-11, 15:01   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow Kudelia is taking a lot of hits, though I'm not overly sure why. She realized the situation on Mars was bad and took steps to try and change that. Rose to prominence in the public through her actions. Even able to recognize her own naivete and rationalize out that her father is likely the source of the attack that struck here. She may not be a perfect person here, but she's heck of a lot better than the last few comparable characters the Gundam franchise has had and only in the first couple episodes.

Anyways I think the system for the Gundam makes sense. For that and the mobile workers there isn't a desire or time to properly train them how to use those things. So they cut corners and create a system that will let them fight, just with costs to it. Someone could pilot that Gundam without the system but they'd need training. It's a good way to toss a young person into a mech without wondering how the heck they learned how to fight so well in such a short amount of time.
Old 2015-10-11, 15:06   Link #68
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow Kudelia is taking a lot of hits, though I'm not overly sure why.
From where? The show? It's because she's too compassionate. The audience? It's because she's too powerless.

Compassionate yet powerless, an undesirable combination in some situations.
Old 2015-10-11, 15:07   Link #69
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Makes me wonder how weak the mid-series upgrade (assuming one arrives) will be. Sheesh. The mechas here definitely leave something to be desired for those of us who like the gundams like God Gundam, Wing Zero, Epyon, S. Freedom, and I. Justice.
Its not that only childern can pilot the gundam. These kids have had a very risky operation done on them that allows them to use the direct link to control the gundam without prior training. Hence, only them (those that have this operation done on them), can control the gundam in such short notice. And Mika is their best pilot so hes their best chance of successfully using the gundam.

Also, I'm happy not to see an overpowered gundam for once. I'd be happy if we finally return to 0079 gundam's depiction of the struggles that white base and Amuro had to go through just to survive. Overpowered gundams just leads to no tension existing in battles.

It is nice to see that the gundam is basically salvaged old tech and therefore not immediately OP. It doesn't even have all its working parts or armament hence why we shall be seeing Mika and company salvaging tech from enemies.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2015-10-11 at 15:20.
Old 2015-10-11, 15:15   Link #70
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
"You told me you wanted to die smothered in breasts". A true mans dream. lol

"Breasts are soft, not like this cockpit" Kind of sad these poor kids are being force into battle and dieing before they've ever been with a woman, and all they can do is dream about it. Rather depressing, really.

Still, that line was kind of funny. I feel bad for laughing.
RIP Danji. He never got to be smothered in breasts. That line was both funny and tragic. I felt somewhat guilty for laughing too.
Old 2015-10-11, 15:17   Link #71
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Also, I'm happy not to see an underpowered gundam for once.
I think you mean overpowered.
Old 2015-10-11, 15:19   Link #72
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
God, just seeing the ENG SUB vid not being available in the US is like a kick in the balls everytime =___=
It's only the Youtube version that has that problem. If you got to Gundam.info they have the Daisuki video available for those of us who live outside of Asia.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 15:22   Link #73
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think you mean overpowered.
Corrected. You know, originally I had overpowered but changed it to underpowered when I was going to change the whole sentence. But then I forgot what I was going to do...... lol
Old 2015-10-11, 15:23   Link #74
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
It's only the Youtube version that has that problem. If you got to Gundam.info they have the Daisuki video available for those of us who live outside of Asia.
Or you can just go directly to Daisuki and watch the video here:

http://www.daisuki.net/anime/watch/M...DEDORPHANS/vqd

Its free to watch with limited commercials (much less than crunchroll)
Old 2015-10-11, 15:46   Link #75
Twi

I like when Mika calls out Ein for calling him a coward at attacking his Mobile Workers when he was just doing the same thing. Moral Myopia at its finest. And then when Crank asks if he thinks an old mobile suit can beat his new one, Mika says he's already gotten one. For someone so stoic, he doesn't beat around the bush.
Old 2015-10-11, 16:22   Link #76
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I like when Mika calls out Ein for calling him a coward at attacking his Mobile Workers when he was just doing the same thing. Moral Myopia at its finest. And then when Crank asks if he thinks an old mobile suit can beat his new one, Mika says he's already gotten one. For someone so stoic, he doesn't beat around the bush.
The first thing he says on waking up is "how many died". Sad thing to say but it shows he does care... but his way of caring is a bit different to most people. Rather than "stoic" he seems something else... maybe a bit emotionally numb perhaps though that doesn't seem quite right either.

Anyway, he's an interesting character. I don't think I've ever liked a Gundam MC this much so quickly.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:26   Link #77
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Also Mika's quip about Orga has become handsome when he sees him when they talk again at the end of the episode shows that Mika has a hidden sense of humor.
Old 2015-10-11, 16:31   Link #78
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
The first thing he says on waking up is "how many died". Sad thing to say but it shows he does care... but his way of caring is a bit different to most people. Rather than "stoic" he seems something else... maybe a bit emotionally numb perhaps though that doesn't seem quite right either.

Anyway, he's an interesting character. I don't think I've ever liked a Gundam MC this much so quickly.
Stoic is the correct term. Stoic doesn't mean your emotionless. It means you don't let your emotions control your actions or cloud your judgement. A stoic remains clam and in control at all times. So while Mika is clearly concerned about his comrades, he doesn't it let show in a pointless emotional outburst.
Old 2015-10-11, 16:38   Link #79
kuromitsu

In the end I wasn't able to resist another Gundam. And halfway into the episode I hear this immortal line...

Quote:
You told me you wanted to die being smothered by huge boobs! Boobs are soft! Not hard like this cockpit!

WHO WROTE THIS CRAP--- oh. Right.

Anyway, digging the main Orphans so far. Everything else is pretty meh, but at least there's enough shirtlessness and manpain to get me through the episode.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:51   Link #80
Twi

So, why is Crank surprised they were fighting children? Their snipers alone killed two of them before they got into the suits. Did they not report this or something?