lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Spoiler for Ep 12:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 07:45   Link #142
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

How is Shiori going to call Gadeon? If Gadeon, as Reideen, chooses its pilot it seems to me difficult she can go and pilot Gadeon. She has got the armlet ... she is in danger, I think.
Gettersaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 19:57   Link #143
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettersaga View Post
How is Shiori going to call Gadeon? If Gadeon, as Reideen, chooses its pilot it seems to me difficult she can go and pilot Gadeon. She has got the armlet ... she is in danger, I think.

Well, she might not pilot Gadeon, but she might get a new boyfriend, lol. XD.
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 15:15   Link #144
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

Or a new pet, more probably.
Gettersaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 17:55   Link #145
ssfsx17

It doesn't seem too likely that Shiori can ever get Junki away from Midorino. Maybe, if she's lucky, the fact that Midorino is ancient and/or alien will somehow stop her from getting together with Junki, but not likely.

Also, is it just me or are the alien cat and the trippy TV show both supposed to be references to some other trippy stuff that Production I.G. has done?
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 18:55   Link #146
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
What's up with episode 14?

Did they change the animator team, or something, because it looked rather different. The pacing was very different as well, with more dynamism involved in the mecha battles.

Anyone spotted this, or does it look the same to you?

PS: Also, I must say that Huzzah has some awesome editor out there. Because their translation is like nothing I've seen in the whole fansubbing world! 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:01   Link #147
LunaNeko

Gaahh, with episode 14 this anime went back in reverse - its back to Monster of the Day thing, so annoying, its SO slow and it just started picking up! And when will Junki get personality or any sort of character development???? He has two stages outside of Reideen: bored and irritated, I haven't seen him doing anything else!
And whats with Midorino? With ep 13 it looks like she's not alien....well, then that's totally boring, lol.
Old 2007-06-22, 17:34   Link #148
ssfsx17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
And whats with Midorino? With ep 13 it looks like she's not alien....well, then that's totally boring, lol.
To the contrary, I saw that as confirming that she was an alien. She was apparently around for a lot longer than we thought in the village that's linked to Reideen, nobody can confirm whether or not she has a grandmother, and episode 14 shows that she has superhuman senses.
Old 2007-06-22, 23:07   Link #149
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think it is safe to say that she does not have a grandmother who looks exactly like her.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 19:34   Link #150
ssfsx17

Spoiler for episode 15:
Old 2007-06-23, 19:40   Link #151
snoworange

I was going to check this out, but I have code geass to watch first as a priority. I can't handle more than one mecha anime. I haven't read any reviews on this yet, so I'll keep my distance until I do. Hope it's not too much like evan! I doubt it.
snoworange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 02:28   Link #152
ssfsx17

Spoiler for episode 16:
Old 2007-07-14, 14:09   Link #153
Hunter Nin.

This is one of my favourite animes and episode 16 has in my opinion been one of the best episodes so far, they did an amazing job of creating an atmosphere.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 22:41   Link #154
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The problem is, the robots still are slow like hell ...

But this is the only show I've been watching until Zetsubou Sensei and now DtB, so I give it props. ¬.¬
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 11:07   Link #155
Hunter Nin.

Episode 17 was another brilliant episode. To be honest I prefer the parts where they are on the ground with the human sized aliens (like when they went to the university) but Reideen's God Bird form which was highlighted in the last few episodes is really cool (and not slow ). Although I feel the robots have a more realistic speed rather than just slow.

I don't really watch mecha anime that often so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me but I think this show is much bigger than just robots. What I really want are more character-centric episodes and hopefully 18 is going to deliver.
Old 2007-07-16, 14:49   Link #156
LunaNeko

I wish they would stop with the whole monster of the day thing. Its been 17 episodes! And Junki is still as annoying as evar and Shiori still can't get the message that he's not interested and Midorino is still as exciting as a living corpse. Whatever happened to cute alien boy? Will they go back to that storyline at all? Shiori still got his bracelet, I was hoping things will progress after Junki's kidnapping but they went back to monster of the day thing again....blah.
:-( Its really slow paced and I just hope they won't mess up the finale.
Old 2007-07-20, 08:31   Link #157
Hunter Nin.

You know what I was just thinking, this show reminds me of power rangers. I still love it though, the animation is great and so long as the monsters remain unique and interesting I'm happy. I agree there needs to be more character development though, that would make this show even greater.
Old 2007-07-20, 09:14   Link #158
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
I wish they would stop with the whole monster of the day thing. Its been 17 episodes! And Junki is still as annoying as evar and Shiori still can't get the message that he's not interested and Midorino is still as exciting as a living corpse. Whatever happened to cute alien boy? Will they go back to that storyline at all? Shiori still got his bracelet, I was hoping things will progress after Junki's kidnapping but they went back to monster of the day thing again....blah.
:-( Its really slow paced and I just hope they won't mess up the finale.
If you think this is monster of the week, you should see the original Raideen, 50 episodes 50 monsters, typical of Super Robot Shows of the day. I for one am glad that most mecha shows have progressed beyond that formula (thank Gundam for that), but there are always some that still use it. At least it's usually to a less episodic effect now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 10:01   Link #159
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
the OST for reideen has just been released. May I ask how great is the soundtrack in this series?
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 14:11   Link #160
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^I've been looking forward to the OST and having listened to it I'd have to say it's rather superb. I've listened to Ike's Ergo Proxy and Kamichu! soundtracks. Reideen's is quite different to those: wonderfull rich orchestrations, whereas EP was mostly spacious new age and electronica and Kamichu was more leisurely and 'folksy' I guess. Overall I'd say Reideen's score is closer to Kamichu, both having plenty of strings and brass.

Tracks I particularly like are the gorgeous (but sadly brief) Yoake, which was played during Hoshikawa's flashbacks in ep 19 and La Tormenta, one of the stirring and under-used battle themes. But I absolutely adore Track 28, El Tama de Reideen, with it's voice over and operatic vocals. This was the music used in the very first trailer and I don't think it's been played in the anime since. Anyway it's a really atmospheric piece and the highlight of the album for me.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote