AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-25, 10:14   Link #21
Xagzan

I so wish I had a polar bear dog.

And I can't wait to see more of Toph's daughter. How badass she must be.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 16:14   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Being a fan of the original series, I was going to watch this show regardless of how it turned out to be. But man, that trailer was just...I can watch it several times a day and not get bored of it. I like the idea of Equalists and anti-benders. I hope this makes the story more Grey and Grey Morality. I'm just a bit concerned that Korra will get on my nerves by being too rebellious, arrogant, in-your-face and overall bratty. But I suppose it's way too early to tell...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 16:34   Link #23
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Doesn't this bother you guys... the fact, that they speak English? Well of course they do since it's not an anime but the style is so close to Japanese animation that me it bothers way too much as I despise dubs too, which is why I've still yet to see this series even though story wise it seems interesting ;<
Old 2011-07-25, 18:45   Link #24
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Doesn't this bother you guys... the fact, that they speak English? Well of course they do since it's not an anime but the style is so close to Japanese animation that me it bothers way too much as I despise dubs too, which is why I've still yet to see this series even though story wise it seems interesting ;<

The voice work on Avatar is quite excellent. You wouldn't hate dubs if they were always of the caliber of this series. Trust me!
Old 2011-07-25, 18:51   Link #25
GDB

Quote:
Doesn't this bother you guys... the fact, that they speak English?
It's a fictional world not based on the real one. There's no Japan, no America. Why does it matter what language they speak?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 18:57   Link #26
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Oh my God, the artwork is so pretty. I want that polar bear dog. The fight scenes look epic. I seriously can't wait for the day this starts airing, though the downside is that by the time it really kicks off I'll be back in school.
Old 2011-07-25, 19:41   Link #27
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Hah, you guys want the polar bear dog, I want the Fire Ferret!!!!!

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 19:53   Link #28
yellowscarves

At first the thought of another series for Avatar barely excited me. It must have been the lack of details, because after reading the new details and watching that trailer, I'm loving every bit of it.

It didn't really bother me before, but it was interesting how they acknowledged the characters from the first series had big heads and I'm glad they changed it because I'm really liking the character designs for this in particular.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:17   Link #29
Xagzan

Quote:
Voice work was phenomenal in the first series. Better than any anime dub I've ever heard, and that even includes GitS.

Plus, they had friggin Mark Hamill. I mean, come on!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:58   Link #30
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
....wat? If anything I would hate for people to see this show in anything but English since the voice work was awesome and, if I remember how American animation is normally made, you do the voice work first and then the animation, the voices are that core to the show.

Anyway, add to me to the "I want a fire ferret!" list, just finished making an Appa plushie and I think I know what I need to make next.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 02:48   Link #31
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
No, the script is quite good and natural. Me thinks it's probably because they can time it with the mouth movements properly.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 05:03   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I.... I need to go change my pants.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 10:05   Link #33
Dist

Each to their own I guess. What I was trying to say is that because it looks just like anime (even though it isn't), it makes me feel uncomfortable as I hate dubs and it feels like if I was watching one. It doesn't matter how '' top notch '' the voice acting is. If however, it actually looked like an american animation and not anime, I would not mind it. I guess I'm just weird
Old 2011-07-26, 11:09   Link #34
yellowscarves

Quote:
Each to their own I guess. What I was trying to say is that because it looks just like anime (even though it isn't), it makes me feel uncomfortable as I hate dubs and it feels like if I was watching one. It doesn't matter how '' top notch '' the voice acting is. If however, it actually looked like an american animation and not anime, I would not mind it. I guess I'm just weird
Usually a hate towards anime dubbed in English stems from the generally poor voice acting. As picky as I am with English dubs, I had no complaints with Avatar. Like many have already mentioned, the voice acting is amazing (as is everything else), so give it a shot. Maybe it'll change your mind.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 11:21   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
Usually a hate towards anime dubbed in English stems from the generally poor voice acting. As picky as I am with English dubs, I had no complaints with Avatar. Like many have already mentioned, the voice acting is amazing (as is everything else), so give it a shot. Maybe it'll change your mind.
I agree. And nice job getting that avatar pic up there so fast, BTW!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 17:01   Link #36
Dist

For me it stems from just the fact that it feels unnatural. Simple as that, be it good or bad voice acting.

On another note, why is this in Upcoming Anime series when this clearly isn't one?
Old 2011-07-26, 18:23   Link #37
dasrune
smh

Avatar is an american made series, so I'm not sure what's unnatural about them using a quality english speaking cast. This series usually gets a pass on anime related forums because of the clear influence of japanese animation.
dasrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 18:31   Link #38
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
On another note, why is this in Upcoming Anime series when this clearly isn't one?
Because Avatar is the rare exception to the rule.

1. Many members of our forum have seen it and talked about it. We even have a thread for the first series in our Older section.

2. It's by far the best "anime" influenced animation that America has produced. Good enough to shame many anime from Japan.
Old 2011-07-26, 20:27   Link #39
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
For me it stems from just the fact that it feels unnatural. Simple as that, be it good or bad voice acting.

I guess you shouldn't watch cartoons at all. If only Anime dubs are given better voice treatment...

This is the exception to the rule cus it's awesome.
Old 2011-07-27, 04:20   Link #40
Blaat

The only thing I don't like is the government form of the city. I mean United Republic, really? Did I miss the Romans in the first series? Is it that hard to write some of sort bureaucratic empire which would match the Asian influences of the show?
Ah well besides that minor point I'm really looking forward to the series.
Quote:
Avatar is an American show ergo it needs to be watched in American, even if the Japanese version had an all-star cast list it would still need to be watched in American.

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra