AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 17:37   Link #26961
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Exactly! Magnificent bastard needs some appreciation.
Folks have bounced around the possibility of it being like the 1/144 Tallgeese III and having the parts for all three, which would be pretty neat. Even if not, remodelling a head doesn't sound too difficult a project.
On that note, what would be great would be a new HG for it that's up to the standard of modern HGs, but I don't hold out much hope for that happening.

Yeah, I'd pretty much just display it in Gundam Mode. I do prefer the aforesaid Gundam Mode over 1.5, though [despite it being not much difference].
I don't know the suits well enough to know the few exact differences between Reborns Gundam and 1.5 Gundam. I will say Reborn's color scheme is way better then that of 1.5. I just don't like the color as much as I hate the Canon.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:43   Link #26962
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I don't know the suits well enough to know the few exact differences between Reborns Gundam and 1.5 Gundam. I will say Reborn's color scheme is way better then that of 1.5. I just don't like the color as much as I hate the Canon.
1.5 is essentially Reborns with an all blue-and-white colour scheme, one drive on the back instead of two on the arms, and two large 'wings' instead of four smaller ones. Reborns, thankfully, has few, if any, indicators in Gundam Mode that it even transforms at all [Cannon's head is totally hidden in the backpack], which is why I'd happily have it displayed in Gundam Mode.
Probably after repainting the red to be metallic red. I have a thing for that >_>
Old 2012-08-13, 17:46   Link #26963
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

For those not in the known, the old HG Tallgeese releases was entirely white. So, for all purpose, you need to paint the parts if you want anything to bear resemblance for all 3 version of the Tallgeese and there's only one of everything.

Bandai might be kind enough to throw in everything in one complete package. But something got to give in order to make business sense.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:48   Link #26964
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
For those not in the known, the old HG Tallgeese releases was entirely white. So, for all purpose, you need to paint the parts if you want anything to bear resemblance for all 3 version of the Tallgeese and there's only one of everything.

Bandai might be kind enough to throw in everything in one complete package. But something got to give in order to make business sense.
This is exactly why I don't believe this has any chance at happening.

I just don't believe Bandai will ship a MG in this day that is only one color.

It's either full on releases or they limit one/two to Online Hobby Shop exclusives.
Old 2012-08-13, 17:54   Link #26965
Araxiel

Yeah, I have a couple of the older all-white Tallgeeses, since they're cheap these days. I kind of forgot about the colour issue since I tend to paint everything, so that's my bad.
You have a good point; if any MG Tallgeese is ever released, it makes more business sense for it to be one specific unit, and moulded in that unit's colours.

Still, it's a relatively simple conversion for the hobbyist to do themselves if they want a different one.

*cough*
Old 2012-08-13, 17:54   Link #26966
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

A MG Tallgeese would be pretty sweet. I prefer the original over the other two. I still have the original HG 1/100 of it. Back then I painted it with Gundam Markers. It turned out alright, I guess. But it's so unstable, even back then everything was loose Can't get a pose out of it, even with an Action Base. I would love to pose a MG Tallgeese with the Wing Gundam EW!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:58   Link #26967
Araxiel

This is a pretty nuts idea, but since the old 1/144 Tallgeese is mostly big hollow parts, I wonder if an enterprising individual could mount it over a RG inner frame or something? XD The only thing stopping me trying is that I don't really want to waste a RG frame if I can help it, and I'm not overly confident in my crazy-kitbash skills...
Old 2012-08-13, 18:30   Link #26968
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
This is a pretty nuts idea, but since the old 1/144 Tallgeese is mostly big hollow parts, I wonder if an enterprising individual could mount it over a RG inner frame or something? XD The only thing stopping me trying is that I don't really want to waste a RG frame if I can help it, and I'm not overly confident in my crazy-kitbash skills...
At least one "enterprising individual" did manage to stick a MG Zaku II Ver 2.0 frame into it a couple of years back :-

http://www.fg-site.net/old/products/122383
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 18:35   Link #26969
FalsePrime

Not that it even remotely needs a 2.0, but the fact that Wing Zero EW with how it's revealed and the fact that it doesn't have a light feature really makes me sad.

I do hope that when we eventaully get a Wing Zero TV they give us the light feature. As it stands both Zero and Zero EW was glowing green a decade before 00 Q T and Raiser so it would be nice to see one (outside the PG) be able to do it.

That Tallgeese glowing looks sick as hell.
Old 2012-08-13, 18:59   Link #26970
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
@duotiga: Damn, that's so many Core Fighters :
make that x2 as I have 2 sets including V-dash @@
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 19:29   Link #26971
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is the Tallgeese's boosters really on its back, and not the back of the arms?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 19:43   Link #26972
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

The boosters are behind the shoulders for tallgeese.
Old 2012-08-13, 20:21   Link #26973
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
make that x2 as I have 2 sets including V-dash @@
Though V-dash ain't red, I'm still gonna get it. But I'm still waiting for MG V2 so that I can buy them both together

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 20:24   Link #26974
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Though V-dash ain't red, I'm still gonna get it. But I'm still waiting for MG V2 so that I can buy them both together
I'm waiting for MG V2 & it's variants also....
Old 2012-08-13, 21:12   Link #26975
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
I'm waiting for MG V2 & it's variants also....
Wanting its variants is given. Who wouldn't want those? I'm just hoping that Bandai making us wait is WORTH IT. MG V2 for December 2012 please. Cause December releases always got to be special.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 21:19   Link #26976
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Not that it even remotely needs a 2.0, but the fact that Wing Zero EW with how it's revealed and the fact that it doesn't have a light feature really makes me sad.

I do hope that when we eventaully get a Wing Zero TV they give us the light feature. As it stands both Zero and Zero EW was glowing green a decade before 00 Q T and Raiser so it would be nice to see one (outside the PG) be able to do it.

That Tallgeese glowing looks sick as hell.
Well, a friend of mine is getting me the MG Wing Gundam (TV) and other stuff, through a trade we did.

I really can't wait/hope we get a MG Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and for Bandai to remaster the Zero EW using the new Wing series frame.

It's due for an upgrade, and it's the lead suit from the series. It would be nice if it had a full inner frame and clear green pieces for the chest, arm guards, buster rifle...and the buster rifle could use some better color separations to be more anime accurate.

Also, the backback connection point needs to be redone, hands need to at least be able to hold the buster rifles, wings need to actually be able to transform into the re-entry mode, and those rubbery wing pieces need to stay on instead of falling off so much. Oh and the guy could use a full inner frame instead of a half-assed one..

Don't you want that guy to be given a remastering treatment to make it comparable to:

and

Old 2012-08-13, 22:05   Link #26977
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Heh I find this oddly funny cause just earlier on I had only found out about the Gundam Delta Astray and I found it to be a rather "dunno what the hell to really think of it" MS but one thing was it does remind me of the V2 and it's red.

If they ever decide on that then hey you got something that's red and looks abit like the V2

But yea also still waiting on MG V2, it really needs the MG treatment.
Old 2012-08-13, 23:24   Link #26978
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=86467

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 01:43   Link #26979
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
This is more than meets the eye Nice find!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 06:58   Link #26980
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
At least one "enterprising individual" did manage to stick a MG Zaku II Ver 2.0 frame into it a couple of years back :-

[sexy tallgeese snip]
Now that's a mighty fine piece of work.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy