Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-11-29, 22:42   Link #10881
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
All I recall is Microsoft black tuesday and the Black Thursday which started off the great depression
They should rename the day after "Blue-black" Wednesday because all the hackers tart exploiting the new loopholes that might come with the patches.

Quote:
That sounds so wrong, on so many levels
(and just fridays painting her white?)
You are demonising me by taking that statement out of context.

I only want to take her on dutch dates on Fridays. That's it.

AndI would even help her take off and try on whatever dress or clothing she wants.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 22:44   Link #10882
Seitsuki
Onee!

Well, we all know you're Blacker than the whole week put together so...

Obviously she'd be safer with me!
Old 2013-11-30, 08:40   Link #10883
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I wonder why most people lose their sanity and act like wild animals during Black Friday to the point they will fight, lie or even kill to get that discount item?

If i were them, i'll just buy that discount item online. No need to wait long hours outside and preparing for ultra violence. Just sit and stay at your nice, warm home.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:58   Link #10884
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Plenty. Most are American :

Monday & Tuesday: 1929 crash
Wednesday : Brits withdrew the pound from.the EU exchange rate
Thursday : The one that is one week before 1929 crash
Friday : Thanksgiving postmortem
Saturday : France at end July.
Sunday : Opening of Disneyland in 1955.

And I want a wife like this :

Little girls are the best! I want to buy and take her home marry a girl like that! I'll make all her Fridays white!
What's wrong with being 100 pounds...that's like 45 kilos...
Old 2013-11-30, 10:03   Link #10885
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
For 20 Years the Nuclear Launch Code at US Minuteman Silos Was 00000000:

"during the height of the Cold War, the US military put such an emphasis on a rapid
response to an attack on American soil, that to minimize any foreseeable delay in
launching a nuclear missile, for nearly two decades they intentionally set the launch
codes at every silo in the US to 8 zeroes."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/for-20-years-the-...-si-1473483587
Surely no one would try to input 8 zeroes on the first attempt to hack?
Old 2013-11-30, 13:29   Link #10886
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Heh, this is awesome yet a bit disturbing.

Should not have come as a surprise for me though (maybe I thought the military is special...)
In my profession of designing all kinds of devices and systems as an engineer it happens from time to time that the client would request some kind of lock, or security feature that locks the user out of certain functions unless he provides a password, opens the case and triggers a special switch, puts in a key, scans an ID badge... these kind of things.

And without fail, whenever I get to see the system in actual use, these features will be disabled. The passwords set to 00000, the switches bridged, the keys sitting already in the keyholes on every machine.
Security is just a hassle to the normal user.

I can't blame them really.
We do the same thing in developement. Happens often enough that the final testing comes back and reports the password does not do anything. We never noticed, because we always have it set to 00000 too.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 22:23   Link #10887
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Wouldn't that make it a valid password ?
Old 2013-12-04, 00:21   Link #10888
AnimeFan188

Why Does One of the World’s Smallest Navies Want One of the World’s Biggest
Warships?:

"Angola is in the process of acquiring the recently-decommissioned Spanish aircraft
carrier Principe de Asturias, according to one news report. The entire Angolan navy
has just 1,000 sailors. The 643-foot-long Principe de Asturias needs 830 sailors to
fully function."

See:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/86c03ec9b21a
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 06:44   Link #10889
widagtama

Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer

Quote:
You better watch out. Having a credit card with Idolmaster characters plastered across the surface is good enough to get you arrested in the U.S these days. That is precisely what happened to a Japanese Twitter user’s father on a recent trip to Los Angeles. The card was so cute that it was mistaken as a fake, which resulted in the Japanese man being arrested by local authorities. Maybe a wonderful Disneyland trip was ruined in the process but we may never know the full extent of what actually happened.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/0...o-the-slammer/
widagtama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:30   Link #10890
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens

This is so WRONG. There must be a special gulag for people like this to stop them from confusing people out there!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:39   Link #10891
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

We shall use Saintess to check their gender by making him touch them. A win win situation.
Old 2013-12-04, 10:46   Link #10892
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by widagtama View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Custom bank/credit cards aren't common, but they aren't so rare that people should call the police over them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 11:09   Link #10893
Sumeragi
Banned

Children waiting to watch Disney movie Frozen were shown explicit sex scenes when the trailer for Lars von Trier’s x-rated Nymphomaniac was screened by mistake in a US cinema.

Quote:
Children waiting to watch Disney movie Frozen were shown explicit sex scenes when the trailer for Lars von Trier’s x-rated Nymphomaniac was screened by mistake in a US cinema.

Parents in the audience were forced to distract and shield their children in a reportedly frantic effort to prevent a barrage of awkward questions.

“It seemed like forever when you’re trying to, you know, cover a little guy’s eyes,” grandmother Lynn Green told Fox news. “I didn’t have enough hands to cover his ears too and he got the sound down real good.”

Those affected expressed concern about a lack of safeguards to stop similar errors happening in future. “You’re talking, what, a PG-rated movie to all of a sudden have an R-rated scene up there for little children?” Green added.

Temporarily banned from YouTube for its overtly sexual content, the trailer shows Shia LaBeouf and Stacy Martin engaging in various sex acts amid a montage of often violent scenes.

Critics have called it one of the most explicit trailers ever to be shown in mainstream cinemas.

The Pinellas Park cinema in Florida has offered free tickets to those affected and apologised for the accidental screening.

Last year, a Nottingham cinema sparked an outcry after it began screening 15-rated horror movie Paranormal Activity 4 to children as young as five instead of the family animation Madagascar 3. The children at Cineworld were shown a bloodied corpse hurtling towards the camera during the first two minutes of the supposed Madagascar screening.

Disney’s Frozen opened in US cinemas on Thanksgiving weekend, earning $93 million at the box office over the five-day holiday period. The film broke the record set by Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in 2001 for the biggest Thanksgiving opening ever and also scored the largest for Walt Disney Studios.

Inspired by The Snow Queen fairytale, Frozen tells the story of a Scandinavian princess on a mission to find her sister, a queen who is unintentionally destroying their kingdom with the power to freeze anything she touches.

Nymphomaniac will debut in Copenhagen on Christmas Day before a likely general release in March in the UK next year.

The raunchy poster campaign, also directed by Danish Lars von Trier, shocked in October with its images of the cast pretending to reach sexual climax.

Uma Thurman and Jamie Bell are among the actors portraying orgasmic ecstasy to promote the film, which follows the erotic life of a woman from birth to the age of 50.

Link not added due to explicit scenes
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 11:21   Link #10894
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens

This is so WRONG. There must be a special gulag for people like this to stop them from confusing people out there!
Silence!

Looks at picture.

Hello beautiful.
Old 2013-12-04, 11:24   Link #10895
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
How the hell this happened, did it happened only at this place ?
Old 2013-12-04, 13:59   Link #10896
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Wow, it's been awhile since the last "WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN !!" legit incident...

=3
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 17:38   Link #10897
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhŕi)
*Graphic Designer

Dad lands in jail for a crime worth 5 cents
source: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-jail#comments
Quote:
A father in Georgia was arrested, jailed and charged with theft after he plugged his electric car into an exterior outlet at his son's school for a quick charge totaling about five cents worth of "juice." WXIA's Doug Richards reports.

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-12-04 at 17:51.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 20:17   Link #10898
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by widagtama View Post
That is so.. stupid. But where the heck do people get these types of credit card, I don't think my bank offers custom cards. I'd totally get one with my dog on it.
Old 2013-12-04, 21:23   Link #10899
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
That is so.. stupid. But where the heck do people get these types of credit card, I don't think my bank offers custom cards. I'd totally get one with my dog on it.
Article states the card comes from the Mitsui Sumitomo bank.
Old 2013-12-05, 10:00   Link #10900
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9B402Y20131205

Tags
humor