AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-05-02, 22:11   Link #5721
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Don't forget that they found a remain of King of England in the car park on Leicester last year, and after they gave him proper burial, bam, here you go...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 02:12   Link #5722
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^You mean King Richard III?
Anyway, congrats to Leicester City.
Does that mean UEFA will be next for them?
Old 2016-05-03, 12:42   Link #5723
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2016-05-04, 09:43   Link #5724
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, that's not just some king - it's one of the most infamous England has ever had.

Indeed, it's UEFA time. Leicester City seeded into the Champions League - amazing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 23:07   Link #5725
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I'm speechless, really.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 09:14   Link #5726
Azuma Denton
~AD~

^
Truly a performance fit for the newly crowned EPL Champion..
Bravo...
Old 2016-05-15, 18:08   Link #5727
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this super sunday has entertained me to no end. spuds finish top 3 and still are the butt end of every joke you can make about the day. they concede 3 goals against a 10 man side which has been already relegated. good lord.

proper send off for Arteta and Rosicky. Too bad they counted Arteta's goal as an own goal. The guy deserves much more credit than he got in his 5 years. he came in as a replacement for Cesc. did his job great the first season. then we signed santi and shuffled him into the DM role. he adapted fine and was the metronome for our team for 3 seasons. by far the most talented spanish player to never play for spain.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 20:41   Link #5728
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Happy St. Totteringham's Day everyone.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 22:42   Link #5729
justavisitor

Arsenal getting second maybe a curse in disguise for Arsenal fans lol, the next thing Wenger will probably say is that the current squad already shows strong mentality of getting the second place, hence there is no need to get another top player, then the drama repeats every April XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 23:18   Link #5730
Azuma Denton
~AD~

^
In the last pers conference, he already say that he will add 2-3 players in replacement for Rosicky, Flamini and Arteta. And in the middle of Ozil and Sanchez uncertainity.

Let's see who are the 2-3 players.
Old 2016-05-17, 00:27   Link #5731
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I get the feeling Arsčne is actually pretty frustrated with the team this season. He placed his trust on a number of players who just did not show up -- the Ox, Theo after his injury (he was actually really good early in the season), Ramsey, etc.

Not to be one of those Arsenal fans, but all signs from Le Boss looks like he's going to invest. There's the past conference Azuma mentioned, and the Xhaka rumors come from pretty legit sources. Of course, I won't believe anything until his handsome mug is up on Arsenal.com.
Old 2016-05-21, 19:03   Link #5732
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

My God. When United last won the FA Cup in 2004, I never thought for once that it would take 12 years to see that trophy back in the trophy cabinet at Old Trafford. Furthermore, it had to be done the hard way as usual by conceding the first goal and then pushing it into the extra frame. In any case, I'm glad we're now back at the top of the FA Cup as one of the joint most successful clubs in the competition with 12 cups.

In other news, several media received the briefing that Jose Mourinho will finally get his dream job after Van Gaal is officially parting "through mutual consent". When SAF retired, I really thought Mourinho or Klopp would get the United job instead of David Moyes. The appointment might be 3 years overdue, but I still hope this one will be right this time.
Old 2016-05-29, 00:56   Link #5733
SuitUp
ˇGracias Totales!

So this thread only gets resurrected when it's about things related to the Premier League? Got cha.
Meanwhile, today we won la Undécima in the penalty shootout, with CR scoring the definitive one, so yeah, that's kind of a big deal
Old 2016-05-29, 14:47   Link #5734
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

If people don't put anything up, I can't say much. That will certainly change with the Euro and the Copa America Centenario coming up though.

Back on the final yesterday, I must say that I expected more from both sides going at one another. After Real scored the opening goal, I was under the impression that they lacked cohesiveness in the play (Atletico had something like 62% possession at some point). Meanwhile, Atletico was more conservative in the first half before they started attacking stronger in the second half. Still, my overall feeling as a neutral was that Atletico had more chances to win the match, but squandered them. On penalties, it's always 50/50 as you know it.

As for a sidenote: Alicia Keys' performance really looked out of place for a CL final. I would have prefered a display or choreography involving people wearing traditional Northern Italian clothes.

After the Champions League final, I attended the match between the Montreal Impact and the LA Galaxy with some friends. Watch this for an end to the match:

He might be done after this season, but he will go down as a legend for my hometown club.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-05-31 at 21:16.
Old 2016-05-29, 19:19   Link #5735
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
So this thread only gets resurrected when it's about things related to the Premier League? Got cha.l
There's very few people who use this thread. I mostly get my football stuff over at r/soccer (lurking, doesn't post) and the Guardian. The former is basically the largest football forum around, and the latter is, IMO, the best football news site (some specialized sites are better at other things, like Zonal Marking and Spielverlagerung for tactics, and Eight by Eight for long form journalism + really awesome graphics).

This thread is much more active, to Kira's point, when there's an "event" going on, like a World Cup, a Euros, or Copa America with USA in it.
Old 2016-05-31, 16:32   Link #5736
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
So this thread only gets resurrected when it's about things related to the Premier League? Got cha.
Meanwhile, today we won la Undécima in the penalty shootout, with CR scoring the definitive one, so yeah, that's kind of a big deal
I've been hanging out on Discord/Twitter for most of my football discussions, sometimes the neogaf thread.

I tried reviving this thread previously, but it devolved to silly banter. I didn't bother again.
Old 2016-06-06, 14:15   Link #5737
Nerroth
NePoi!

So, is anyone here keeping tabs on the Copa América Centenario?

It's something of an odd duck - held outside of CONMEBOL, out of sync with the "regular" Copa América (and CONCACAF Gold Cup) schedule, with a number of players staying out due to Olympic commitments.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2016-06-06 at 14:45.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 19:39   Link #5738
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I do. There is a YouTube channel named VIRALSME.id where you can watch highlights of recent football news.

I watched the Brazil/Ecuador match on the other night, and I still can't believe the linesman was drunk enough to believe the ball went out of bounds when it was rolling towards the goalkeeper, who then messed it up. In other words, that match should have been a win for Ecuador.

I expected Uruguay to do better against Mexico though, no disrespect.
Old 2016-06-09, 23:16   Link #5739
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Tonight is the start of EURO 2016...
So excited to see who will be underdog team this time...
Old 2016-06-10, 16:00   Link #5740
Blaat

Solid first match.

Tags
football, soccer