AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-06-13, 17:35   Link #301
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Damn... Metroid Prime 4 was announced too... I guess I will have to get a Switch sooner or later.
Old 2017-06-13, 17:57   Link #302
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

*starts to ready body for importing Xenoblade 2*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 15:25   Link #303
Dextro
He Without a Title

I know this sounds weird but... that Mario+Rabbids game is the first time I'm actually considering a Switch.

Well... that and the fact that there's a full fledged Pokemon RPG coming for it. When that comes out I'll probably buy the console anyway

Last edited by Dextro; 2017-06-14 at 16:05.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 18:03   Link #304
Chosen_Hero

Not only is the high-profile and undoubtedly Western-centric World coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One globally, but Capcom has stated it has no plans to localise the upcoming Switch version of Monster Hunter XX outside of Japan.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ch_to_the_west

------

I wonder what happened between Nintendo and Capcom for this to happen?
Old 2017-06-14, 22:49   Link #305
Sides

Late but in case someone missed it, online fee will be $19.99 for a year, but youi can also buy it just for a month or three. source Nintendo NA
This was reported way back..

So far what was shown at e3 for the switch
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
Steep
FIFA18
Skyrim
Rocket League (crossplay with everyone but PS-family)
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

New Kirby game
New Yoshi game
Metroid Prime 4 in works
Pokemon RPG game in works
Some game from GungHo in works
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 00:16   Link #306
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

There technically isn't a "Nintendo" thread, so I just wanted to put that Nintendo sued Colopl! From the looks of the information out there, it seems Colopl is in the wrong and likely to lose, and people have started to bail out. The official Wiki by Dengeki was suddenly closed on the same day that this information became public, and it is said (I don't follow him so I didn't personally check) that Sugida (VA), who often played the game, has deleted all Tweets related to the White Cat Project game, which is one of the targets.

From the looks of it, Colopl tried to overwrite Nintendo's patent and Nintendo warned them, but after a year or two of trying, Nintendo finally sued the company.
Interestingly, the head of Colopl sold some of his stock in the same month that Nintendo warned them.............................

...Hyahah, heads going off.
*pulls out the popcorn and enjoys the meltdowns of the worshipers of White Cat*

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-01-18, 17:48   Link #307
Sides

Labo !
https://labo.nintendo.com/
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/labo/index.html
Old 2018-01-19, 01:16   Link #308
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

Fascinating!

Old 2018-01-19, 03:51   Link #309
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Only Nintendo can try to sell you cardboard boxes and actually make it work.

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 06:13   Link #310
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In our language (and possibly Spanish?), "labo" means "unclear", which is exactly my reaction when Nintendo announced their cardboard box. Hah.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 08:11   Link #311
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

My kids were really "meh" on this. They're six and twelve, by the way. And they sure love their Switch.

Oh, boy.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 11:46   Link #312
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
My kids were really "meh" on this. They're six and twelve, by the way. And they sure love their Switch.

Oh, boy.
Yeah right. If I was you, I would use them as an excuse to buy it for myself ^_^

The interesting bits are a) Nintendo will be releasing prints for one to printout oneself b) one part of the software allows you to program your own ideas as well
As far as I can see, both boxes are a good way to demonstrate mechanisms, engineering properties and how sensors operate and how to make use of all of it.

Kids are stupid, unless you physically show them something and let them have a go at it, a lot of them don't show interest in a lot of areas.
I remember doing a lecture in a primary class on sustainable water usage, and a lot of them reacted bored at first, until brought out my kit and let them built a simple filtration system. Afterwards they were asking a lot questions.
Old 2018-01-19, 15:07   Link #313
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Yeah right. If I was you, I would use them as an excuse to buy it for myself ^_^
Who said anything about me being interested in the first place?
I find Nintendo fascinating, actually. The rest of the industry is all 4K! And better graphics! And VR! And then, they go: CARDBOARD! You gotta love them.

Old 2018-01-19, 23:43   Link #314
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

It's been way too long since I've read it, so I don't know who or what chapters, but there was that cardboard guy in Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro who bragged about what cardboard could do or something.

Old 2018-01-22, 00:41   Link #315
dniv
Season 3

I think Labo is a great idea. It's way better than 4k bullsh*t. The reason it is good is that it is both creative and it seems like it has great potential to be fun. I'm not personally interested in the least, but I know of many, many people who are. It could be a good thing for helping kids to want to build/make new creative stuff.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 13:06   Link #316
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Only Nintendo can try to sell you cardboard boxes and actually make it work.
I saw this on an SMG4 vid and thought it was a joke but........wow.
Old 2018-01-31, 04:36   Link #317
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Aaaand my Switch refuses to charge. I tried with 3 chargers and the dock and still won't charge. I brought it down to about 14% before charging and now the juice won't come in. On the dock it's just the green light blinking.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2018-01-31 at 04:51.
Old 2018-01-31, 16:52   Link #318
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I guess you'll need to try a different charger, then. Hopefully, it'll work.

Old 2018-01-31, 20:29   Link #319
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well absolutely nothing works. I tried the dock and 3 chargers. Not TV output either through the HDMI cable. The dock light also blinks so it means the dock cannot connect to the unit properly.

More or less sure it's the USB plug on the unit that has a problem. Right now the unit is already completely discharged. Gonna send it in later after work.
Old 2018-02-01, 13:35   Link #320
zeross87

what good rpg can i grab on my newly purchased switch ?

i love classical jrpg (ff), trpg(xcom,FE), and a little less action rpg(darksiders2,KH).

i've seen xenoblade 2 but the gameplay videos i've watched don't excite me very much as its action based (style i like the less) but each combat seem to take forever.
Mario rabbids look like a xcom strategy but it lack a true gain xp level up system that i really want.
FE warriors is not a FE.

Disgaea 5 seem like everything i want watching the video but i never ever played a Disgaea game before so can anyone tell me more ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote