Notices

Old 2018-04-09, 09:41   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark

From the twisted mind of Go Nagai
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 13:38   Link #22
MgMaster

Wow...here's another classic one for me to add recently along with Devilman Crybaby that I didn't even know existed. Makes ya feel small man...

I'm not entirely sure what I just watched there but the old school animation,cringey villains,good guys,dialogues,the classic close ripping fanservice & the "KYAAAAAAs!" during it...this was...awesome! Gimme more!
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 21:44   Link #23
alex_drian

Welp, that was something, is my first contact with the franchise btw. mmm I really think that the old style not traslate properly in current animation, not only in this anime, but in whatever remake, but is only me.

Also, there has been a case where a remake change totally the original design of characters in current format, for example, you see the design of this series but if it was make with the design of the endcard?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 23:27   Link #24
Shyni

I'm surprised this has any scenes exactly like the manga (mostly Honey's origin shown in episode 2, which is closer to the manga than any other version I've seen) considering the major plot changes.

Also I'm still not getting what the"dimensional drift" thing is.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 10:07   Link #25
ScrewySquirrel

I guess no one is watching this since there been no posts fir 2 weeks.

But this episode had the infamous Statue Scene
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 11:00   Link #26
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
I guess no one is watching this since there been no posts fir 2 weeks.

But this episode had the infamous Statue Scene
this scene is so ethically wrong that I never thought it would be done today, but we're talking about Japan after all
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 12:21   Link #27
Shyni

Well I'm glad they're doing this again.
Old 2018-05-03, 11:02   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Four episodes in and this is still pretty entertaining. 70s crazy psychedelic show like Cutie Honey combined with a little bit of millennium sensibilities makes for a pretty fun watch.

I really like Sister Jill in this and the whole plot where the bad guy (or bad lady in this case) can't just simply defeat the hero(ine) to get what she wants. Instead, the villain must approach the heroine and go deep into what makes her tick to get the nigh-magical device. It's not gonna be easy for Jill since Honey herself doesn't know much about the device in her body, so Jill has to do some experiments on her. It almost kinda makes Sister Jill look like a double agent. To have the main villain be so close to the main hero(ine)'s group is always an interesting approach.

Btw, did I just see Junpei licking/slobbering Honey's naked ass and sucking Honey's vagina (in statue form) while thinking of Honey? My god, this version really doesn't hold back when portraying Junpei's hidden desire for Honey . That kid knows the right stuffs and has actually done things to Honey that no other men have done before (and he didn't even realize it ).

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Cutie Honey never fails to amuse me in every incarnation.
Old 2018-05-03, 12:48   Link #29
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Btw, did I just see Junpei licking/slobbering Honey's naked ass and sucking Honey's vagina (in statue form) while thinking of Honey? My god, this version really doesn't hold back when portraying Junpei's hidden desire for Honey . That kid knows the right stuffs and has actually done things to Honey that no other men have done before (and he didn't even realize it ).
yeah, I think that part of the manga has never been adapted so far, a 10 year old boy doing something like that on an TV anime, and there are people who say Japanese are not bold,

although this statue forms, it seems more that she changed color, she was not as hard as stone as the picture shows.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 13:25   Link #30
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
70s crazy psychedelic show like Cutie Honey combined with a little bit of millennium sensibilities makes for a pretty fun watch.
That still feels weird to me. Like there are some mixed priorities at work here. Though I guess this was the most obvious approach left to take after Re: and The Live were so different from the source material.

Also I am not sure what the deal is with having different voices for Honey's disguises considering that in none of the other versions I've seen did Panther Claw ever figure her out by her voice and I like how Sakamoto sounds more than the others anyway.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:30   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

That ending scene of ep 6 reminded me of the "YOU MORTALS" scene from Devilman. Crazy all out episode.
Old 2018-06-24, 23:16   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote