AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-08, 13:05   Link #4341
wuhugm
Confused Shark

What the hell happened with Goro's voice?

Ultimately forgettable show
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 13:14   Link #4342
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
What the hell happened with Goro's voice?
The original VA got sick so he was replaced. Thats why Goro sounds different.
Old 2018-07-08, 13:37   Link #4343
Alchemist007
*Author

The last arc after the lore dump from the old man was where I think it started going downhill and ultimately to a somewhat lackluster ending. The timeskip stuff with the gang was neat. The psychological stuff they went through particularly in the first 75% of the show was the most interesting though and I wish they had stayed more in that realm and less...of what happened.

Overall a 7/10.
Old 2018-07-08, 13:38   Link #4344
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^What a way to ruin the final episode
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 14:59   Link #4345
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Re: Goro being "#2".. So what? Are you saying that a person should just give up on love altogether after the #1 is no longer an option? I hate it when people seem to imply that a second love is somehow inferior.

Re: Sequel hook. I don't really think it's a sequel hook. The Virm implied they will be back during some time frame that falls completely outside the scope of this show.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 16:11   Link #4346
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Re: Goro being "#2".. So what? Are you saying that a person should just give up on love altogether after the #1 is no longer an option? I hate it when people seem to imply that a second love is somehow inferior.
I think some people have a childish misunderstanding of love. Unrequited love is merrily one sided infatuation. Ichigo learned this directly by experiencing Hiro's thoughts and how they were of nothing but Zero-two. She learned that moment that the Hiro she loved was only in her head and based on her own desires.

Ichigo and Goro didn't jump straight into a relationship either, it took some time. By then I'm sure Ichigo was well over her crush.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-07-08 at 17:43.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 16:32   Link #4347
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Re: Sequel hook. I don't really think it's a sequel hook. The Virm implied they will be back during some time frame that falls completely outside the scope of this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
I think people have a childish misunderstanding of love. Unrequited love is merrily one sided infatuation. Ichigo learned this directly by experiencing Hiro's thoughts and how they were of nothing but Zero-two. She learned that moment that the Hiro she loved was only in her head and based on her own desires.

Ichigo and Goro didn't jump straight into a relationship either, it took some time. By then I'm sure Ichigo was well over her crush.
They're repopulating a planet. It's a totally different scenario imo than just dating. More is at stake. It's not like she has a lot of choices to pick from. You pick the one that you know.
Old 2018-07-08, 17:44   Link #4348
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They're repopulating a planet. It's a totally different scenario imo than just dating. More is at stake. It's not like she has a lot of choices to pick from. You pick the one that you know.
I don't think its that cold hearted logocial move. I think Goro won her over. He certainly became more self-assertive.
Old 2018-07-08, 18:07   Link #4349
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
I don't think its that cold hearted logocial move. I think Goro won her over. He certainly became more self-assertive.
The line Ikuno said went that he wanted to stick around for the baby. The logic that's being deployed in the background prob is cold-hearted. Those girls are pumping out kids. She has to at least produce one.
Old 2018-07-08, 20:06   Link #4350
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
It’s finalkt over. The ending was predictable as many had already guessed. I don’t know why I held out hope that they would go for the non cliche mech ending. We’ve all seen enough of them to know this kind of ending was coming cough Gunbuster cough Gurren Lagaan. Entertaining at times but mostly frustration over the wasted potential of the series. I’m giving it a 6.5.
Old 2018-07-08, 21:07   Link #4351
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Well... the lore and world building sucked but Franxx worked really well as an ensemble IMO. The finale really played to its strengths in that regard. If I had to rate it I'd probably give it a 7.5 overall but like Kiznaiver I think its a pretty forgettable series even if it can be a fun watch.

Trigger seems to be all about video games lately so I'm curious if we'll see something Franxx...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 22:26   Link #4352
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Well... the lore and world building sucked but Franxx worked really well as an ensemble IMO. The finale really played to its strengths in that regard. If I had to rate it I'd probably give it a 7.5 overall but like Kiznaiver I think its a pretty forgettable series even if it can be a fun watch.

Trigger seems to be all about video games lately so I'm curious if we'll see something Franxx...
Yeah, they could have done better with the worldbuilding and lore, particularly because the characters used expressions that come from reproductive and romantic knowledge when such things were stated by the nines to be taboo.

As for videogames:

I wouldn't doubt it. There's plenty of room there for a videogame, especially since we have Kill la Kill: IF coming out next year. That game actually looks pretty good, especially where art and animation are concerned. I wouldn't be surprised to see an A-1/Trigger ensemble fighter down the line. Particularly now that Shonen Jump is doing their own.

On the other hand, I looked into the VA backgrounds; this isn't the first time that Haruka Tomatsu has voiced an exotic horned girl. She previously voiced Msyu/Mashu from [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility control:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Though the real irony here is that Naomi's voice actress, Ami Koshimizu, played the absolutely indominatble Ryuko Matoi in Trigger's other major work of note, Kill la Kill. It would be interesting to see Ryuko and Zero-Two face off, that's for sure.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2018-07-09 at 07:00. Reason: Please use either thumbnails or the [images] tag for oversized pictures.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 01:00   Link #4353
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

The good couple: anyone that is not the blue oni and red oni.
The duo lovey dovey attitude is unbearable...
So if they end up die then... i guess reito from world end harem and satou from wedding ring something will also end up death with their main heroine...eh? Without leaving a single offspring of their own...so what is the meaning of their love then..?.
Except for an inspiration for some literature.. what a waste... their life have no real value and meaning except as sacrificing pawn they are...
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 01:45   Link #4354
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

They barely implied they'd be back. To me it sounded like "Grow up and you'll be just like us. You'll want to join us then (in however long it takes to evolve to that final stage). We'll be waiting."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 02:35   Link #4355
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The line Ikuno said went that he wanted to stick around for the baby. The logic that's being deployed in the background prob is cold-hearted. Those girls are pumping out kids. She has to at least produce one.
I think the reverse happened. The made love, she got pregnant, and he decided to stay with her rather than go out on another adventure. But if you want to take it in a dark negative light, go right ahead.
Old 2018-07-09, 07:35   Link #4356
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Time to verdict this....

The 1st act is good and the character trait emphasize a lot ( 02 best waifu anyone ? ) , the 2nd act , eh , i can't tell , either you shrug all the nonsense and enjoy it or you will find it is rushing way too much and the stupid drama ending , i would say it is 50/50 .

But at least the show is unique in recent year with was flooded with either idol , slice of life or isekai . And heck they make sure 02 will attract many fans .

Unfortunately , because of that , many character couldn't get the light show or a chance to developing , like Ikuno or Miku , both of them was wasted . The story also lacking , the first part is good , 2nd part not make any sense unless you pay much attentions .

Many of us want 2nd season because VIRM still alive but i don't think we will have , because VIRM home planet was blown up to pieces thank to the power of friendship and love , it will take centuries for them to rebuild everything from scratch .

What it lack of good story line , meaningful character development , and a bad way to explaining stuffs , it makes up for its memorable characters and awesome idea .

I would give it 7.5/10 . Oh well , it have been a wild ride .

Damn you A1 and Trigger , you have one job , show us dino babies and you can't even bloody do it .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 11:36   Link #4357
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i swear i hear this song starts playing in my head the moment i saw both Hiro and Zero Two got reincarnated:

Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 12:29   Link #4358
Blueknight78

well maybe if both trigger and a-1 studios had give the director the 36 to 39 episodes as he wanted maybe things could be a litle better with less rush, this series really looked like it needed at last 3 cores to get a proper development, well since the anime was a sucess at last in japan maybe it can now make trigger and A-1 will be more risk next time and if another director come with some good original plot they give him a proper time to work

The problem of this series for me was really lack of "time" to work it's ideas, now we need to see the manga which looks like will try to fix that "pace problem" since the director is handling the plot himself with some help of yabuke which is drawning the art and the pace of the manga compared with the anime really look much more "slow" and take it's time to not rush things for now.

Another thing which i remembered now about the "complain of lack of hints for VIRM being aliens" well marvel did worst in the skrull invasion serie, where only after the "fake electra" died and reverted to her skrull form which was revealed the "alien invasion" besides that we get literally "now hints", it was a death of a character and become a alien which started all the "others revelations before that you really don't get any hints.
Old 2018-07-09, 13:02   Link #4359
RDNexus

Lack of Time? 3 Cours? Dear Goodness, no way... 2 cours were more than enough. They could have paced it better, that's what.

And no, the Manga isn't taking it's sweet time, it's even pushing stuff from later in the story to the first big battle, like the 9's and Hiro & 002's past, from what the last page of the latest chapter made it seem to be coming up.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 14:04   Link #4360
Qikz

This was a 9/10 series for me.

Loved the ride and loved the ending. Happy everyone lived the ending that they deserved. Loved seeing society build up again in the background, but it's sad that you know when there's cities all the main characters are probably long dead

Still, a great ride and I loved every second of it. Teared up in the ending!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote