AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 02:37   Link #701
JediNight
キズランダム

I was noticing as well that Ai Kayano appears to be the next Big Thing(TM) after Kana Hanazawa. Lots of main voice roles in the last 2 seasons or so. And she can definitely sing after watching Ep1 of this...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 02:41   Link #702
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And thankfully Euterpe is the b-side to the ED single, so no need to wait for the OST... or EGOTIST mini album which is an option I suspect they'll go with. Keep the Sawano BGMs with just TV Size versions of the OP/ED (maybe full version of the OP since it's not an EGOTIST song) and than put all the EGOTIST inserts into a mini album.

Atm I really rate My Dearest and Euterpe, not to fond of Departures atm

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7796
Sweet, I didn't think to look up the tracklist of the ED single but I'm definitely glad Euterpe will be coming out sooner than expected. This is going to be one of those rare cases where I strongly prefer a single's B-side to the main song. Departures is okay but when put next to Euterpe it just doesn't stand a chance.

The OST will probably have a tv sized My Dearest since they would probably want supercell to sell more of their single than to give the full song along with Sawano's score. All composers win and fans have to buy more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I was noticing as well that Ai Kayano appears to be the next Big Thing(TM) after Kana Hanazawa. Lots of main voice roles in the last 2 seasons or so. And she can definitely sing after watching Ep1 of this...
That's not her singing. It's supercell's new vocalist chelly.
Old 2011-10-16, 02:49   Link #703
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I was noticing as well that Ai Kayano appears to be the next Big Thing(TM) after Kana Hanazawa. Lots of main voice roles in the last 2 seasons or so.
Kayano's easily the breakout seiyuu of the year for me.

Isana in Merry
Menma in AnoHana
Roman in Sket Dance (why you so godlike Roman)
Hibino in Kamisama Dolls
Ayaka in Kami-sama no Memo-chō
Inori in Guilty Crown

And it's not over yet, she still has significant roles in Chihayafuru and Last Exile 2 to come, already has a major role in next years Rinne no Lagrange. And the best part about her roles this year is that she has shown a great amount of versatility. Sometimes you don't see newcomers start to display this amount of range for years.. Look @ Aki Toyosaki as an example, only in the last few years has she started to display she actually has range, before that she was just typecast with that moe voice of hers. Kayano's displayed all this range in her debut year so to say...

Quote:
And she can definitely sing after watching Ep1 of this...
That's not Kayano singing, it's like Aya Endo/May'n for Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier. Kayano is the speaking voice of Inori while Chelly is the singing voice of Inori. Supercell held auditions for a new vocalist for their 3rd album.

As per wiki

Supercell held auditions from May 25 to June 19, 2011 for a guest vocalist on the band's third album. The main criteria for the vocalist was his or her voice, as Supercell was not concerned with the singer's gender or age.[21] Out of about 2,000 candidates, two girls were chosen: a 15-year-old named Koeda and a 17-year-old named Chelly.

Koeda = New Supercell guest vocalist, sings the OP theme which you can hear on PV2 and PV3. Sounds fantastic, the best Supercell song since the Bake ED imo....

Chelly = EGOTIST aka Inori. ED Theme + Inserts like the fantastic Euterpe which we heard at the start of the episode.

No idea what happened to Nagi, hopefully she reunites with Supercell for the Bake prequel/sequels. (Assuming Supercell does songs for them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Sweet, I didn't think to look up the tracklist of the ED single but I'm definitely glad Euterpe will be coming out sooner than expected. This is going to be one of those rare cases where I strongly prefer a single's B-side to the main song. Departures is okay but when put next to Euterpe it just doesn't stand a chance.
Well when you said the name I knew I read about Euterpe + Supercell somewhere in the last week so I went off to google and found it was a b-side for the ED. And yeah this B-Side is definitely going to smoke the listed track.... Euterpe is on another level..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 02:53   Link #704
JediNight
キズランダム

Which singer is it that does the OP for Memochou then? That was a supercell singer wasn't it?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 02:56   Link #705
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Which singer is it that does the OP for Memochou then? That was a supercell singer wasn't it?
Nah, that's Choucho, she has covered a few Supercell Hatsune Miku songs in the past but what nico nico doujin singer hasn't...

http://nicodougasingers.wikia.com/wiki/Choucho
http://weekly-vocaloid.livejournal.com/19860.html
Old 2011-10-16, 03:01   Link #706
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I just can't help but feel this story would have been more interesting if the girl was the lead and weapons weren't being pulled out of people's chests. Ditch the lame boy, ditch the cliche school premise, and get back to sci-fi that isn't about some dipshit kid who gets the hot chick (because of course she's now stuck with him so she "must" fall in love, but don't worry she's now completely useless and he'll "protect her"), the superweapon, and saves the universe because otherwise his life would just be too boring to live in.
They should have gone with the parody route: the girl pulls the sword out of the guys magical glowing ass, very painfully.
Old 2011-10-16, 04:23   Link #707
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

What was the point of introducing the boy? Why does she need to hold his "sword"? I get the cool factor, for some people anyway....and I'm sure there's some plot reason to support it. I just find it silly. This is what the top secret military research department is up to? Developing ways to turn girls into sheaths for oversized swords that somehow deflect missiles and cleave robots in two? I'd fire the researcher who thought that was brilliant and invest in something a little more practical.
Well according to this.

Quote:
Shu Ouma - 17 years old. The main character. His right hand holds a special ability - The King's Power. He is able to extract something known as "Void" from his allies. "Void" is a physical manifestation of a person's personality, and can take the form of a sword, or a musical instrument, or a camera. To apply this ability in combat, he has no choice but to make friends.
Some Edward Elric-esque abilities there.. with some persona touch.
Old 2011-10-16, 05:13   Link #708
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

OMG it's worse then I thought.
Old 2011-10-16, 05:16   Link #709
Westlo
Lets be reality

Fujoshi's going to go crazy when he reaches into Gai.
Old 2011-10-16, 05:25   Link #710
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just realized the relationship chart posted waaaaay earlier confirms one of our speculations.

Last edited by Kanon; 2011-10-16 at 06:35.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 05:28   Link #711
tsunade666

So his not fix with Inori only? and what's with the camera!?
Old 2011-10-16, 05:32   Link #712
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That character profile was posted way back since the beginning Given how hyped up this show was I figured people would have done their research weeks ago instead of jumping in blind...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 05:34   Link #713
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Fujoshi's going to go crazy when he reaches into Gai.
That's what I thought
Damn this have the endless possibilities of fanservice.
Old 2011-10-16, 06:10   Link #714
Heppokomaru

Well the OP sequence was pretty good, but a bit too cliched for my liking :/ Maybe because of all the hype I expected more...
The art/coloring was great though.

Last edited by Heppokomaru; 2011-10-17 at 08:11.
Heppokomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:25   Link #715
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yes well it's up to the individual to manage their own expectations I think.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:42   Link #716
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppokomaru View Post
Well the OP sequence was pretty good, but a bit too cliched for my liking :/ Maybe because of all the hype I expected more. People made it seem like this was going to be the greatest anime ever....
Well I don't think anybody proclaimed it to be the second coming of [insert best anime ever], but it is damn good. It's like going to Six Flags instead of your State Fair, of course they both have rides and sure it's more expensive, but you get a bigger bang for your buck.

Okay that analogy sucked, basically this is going to be fun, strap in and enjoy your outlandishly extravagant ride.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:09   Link #717
Raiga
tl;dr

Anybody here manage to catch episode 2 at NYAF/ComiCon and have non-spoilery impressions to share? I didn't get into the screening yesterday and I'm going to be at the Shinkai movie today so I'll miss the encore...
Old 2011-10-16, 09:37   Link #718
ookamigirl

Hmm... looks interesting enough.
Shu found himself in a pinch just seconds after meeting a mysterious girl.
Action parts were pretty good too.
Will be watching it!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 13:33   Link #719
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Here's the panel report at NYCC:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...k-comic-con/22

Now, did anyone check out Episode 2 at the con?
Old 2011-10-16, 13:59   Link #720
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Kayano's easily the breakout seiyuu of the year for me.

Isana in Merry
Menma in AnoHana
Roman in Sket Dance (why you so godlike Roman)
Hibino in Kamisama Dolls
Ayaka in Kami-sama no Memo-chō
Inori in Guilty Crown

And it's not over yet, she still has significant roles in Chihayafuru and Last Exile 2 to come, already has a major role in next years Rinne no Lagrange. And the best part about her roles this year is that she has shown a great amount of versatility. Sometimes you don't see newcomers start to display this amount of range for years....
Also the violent class president in Ben-Tou, where I think she is also outstanding. I was not a fan of her voice as Menma, but she was great as Ayaka and excellent here, too. I thought she was the "Next Big Thing" as in pushed by her agency. But now I realize she is actually that talented. I've made a little blog post about her background, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig