Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-06-06, 23:49   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, what do you guys think about Sony making their own Spidey-verse that’s completely independent & separate from MCU? They already got Tom Hardy as Venom. Black Cat, Silver Sable and animated Miles Morales Spidey will follow.
Because that worked out so well for them last time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
However, I don't like Iron-man-know-all attitude in MCU. I am a bit disappointed Tony just knows who spiderman really is before spiderman even makes a debut in his own movie. I actually think Captain America would have something to say regarding Tony putting surveillance camera all over the world. Isn't that exactly what Cap was fighting against in winter soldier??
What gave you the idea that Stark had to set up cameras to figure out who Spider-Man was? Ned said it himself: "You're the Spider-Man! From YouTube!" When you're in a city with 10 million+ people who all have cameras, where passive surveillance is as ubiquitous as it is in any other large city, in a world where everything is online, all Tony needs is processing power. And he's got that in spades.

Presumably 4chan doesn't exist in the MCU, because then everybody would know who Spider-Man is by now...
Old 2017-06-07, 14:57   Link #42
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

What gave you the idea that Stark had to set up cameras to figure out who Spider-Man was? Ned said it himself: "You're the Spider-Man! From YouTube!" When you're in a city with 10 million+ people who all have cameras, where passive surveillance is as ubiquitous as it is in any other large city, in a world where everything is online, all Tony needs is processing power. And he's got that in spades.

Presumably 4chan doesn't exist in the MCU, because then everybody would know who Spider-Man is by now...
That's so true lol, I still like the idea that super hero should be able to keep his secret identity tho

Wonder if spider sense can sense ppl taking a pic when the hero starts unmasking. That's exactly what happened in the 1990's anime!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 18:52   Link #43
sayde

Quote:
Well, I am one of them you mentioned
You and me both.
Quote:
I will still watch it because it's part of the MCU and peter parker being peter parker the way we are familiar with.
I swear it feels like so many of us watch these movies just out shear obligation at this point. lol

And I can't even be mad about it. Give credit where credit is due. The Disney MCU has made so many amazing movies (out of both popular and obscure characters) over these years that we're willing to give just about anything a chance at this point.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 18:50   Link #44
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Parts of the trailers I've seen look cool, but having grown up with the 90's animated series, and then immensely enjoying the first two of the early 2000's movies (I still haven't seen the third, and can't convince myself to watch it either), the fact that they're rebooting Spiderman yet again... yes, it incorporates him among the Avengers this time more fully (In the animated series, the most we got was involvement with SHIELD, IIRC), but still, it feels like my childhood is (continuing to be) bastardized. About the only things that look really good are the Vulture (I assume?) looking to be a very interesting villain, and that cruise ship feels like a throwback to the runaway train

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 22:48   Link #45
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

There's no Iceman or Firestar, so it's all "bastardized" to my eyes.

But none of that matters. Is it good? Looks good so far, and Holland is the best and most accurate Peter so far from what we've seen. I'm more concerned with the story and setting they've placed around him (a little too Ultimateverse for my blood), but I can still see it working very well, especially if they use the MCU to ground it a bit more in the traditional depiction.

I trust Sony not at all, though. If anyone can screw this up...
Old 2017-06-14, 09:43   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interesting.

Kevin Feige Confirms Venom Isn’t Part of the MCU
Old 2017-06-15, 17:32   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ See? What did I tell you.

Still, until the film is put in the can, things can change (and let's hope it's for the best). But if they really want it to be completely divorced from MCU, well....who wants an R-Rated Venom movie? We know MCU won't make one.
Old 2017-06-15, 19:49   Link #48
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't Venom be tied to the recent film called Life?
Old 2017-06-15, 20:05   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wouldn't Venom be tied to the recent film called Life?
Haha yeah. I've seen that remark been thrown around a lot in the net. Life is a good movie, it's too bad that Sony messed up its marketing & sked which made the movie flopped.

That made me questions where were the competent people of Sony go since Spiderman 2? Ever since Spiderman 3 happened, I saw a string of bad business decisions from Sony and the company consistently going downhill until Marvel bailed them out (for now). Between those events, they only got rescued time to time by their genuinely good movies (& merchandise rights, I guess) made by those who knew what they were doing. Sony is lucky they didn't end up like Paramount who are desperately holding onto Bayformers movies as their lifeline nowadays.
Old 2017-06-29, 09:55   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The reviews sound great:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube
Old 2017-06-29, 10:24   Link #51
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That made me questions where were the competent people of Sony go since Spiderman 2? Ever since Spiderman 3 happened, I saw a string of bad business decisions from Sony and the company consistently going downhill until Marvel bailed them out (for now). Between those events, they only got rescued time to time by their genuinely good movies (& merchandise rights, I guess) made by those who knew what they were doing. Sony is lucky they didn't end up like Paramount who are desperately holding onto Bayformers movies as their lifeline nowadays.
Uniquely we had the Sony hack that showed the Sony Pictures leaders are literally incompetent.

But what made it all worse, was after 2013 they hired Tom Rothman to lead the entire studio.

Why is he so bad? He didn't want to pay for The Titanic, He rejected Deadpool until he left Fox, when Fox made a massive hit out of it. He genuinely think giant robots are stupid and forbid the X-men to have Sentinels, and demanded that Galactus be portrayed as a gas cloud for the same reason. He had Deadpool's mouth sealed. Tom Rothman was not the reason Sony Pictures started having problems, but his management in the last 3 years is clearly making it worse.

The entire staff of Sony Pictures need to be fired. But since they run the studio no one is left to fire them.

Ant it bares repeating, that Sony Pictures lost so much money last quarter, that they devoured half of Playstation division's profits. HALF. Playstation is literally the dominant gaming brand on Earth right now and Sony Pictures is ruining everything.
Old 2017-06-29, 11:47   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Yeah, I really don't like Rothman and his "genius" decisions for CBMs.

Also, here's a couple of more 'balanced' reviews of Homecoming:

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2017-06-30, 16:34   Link #53
bakato

For anyone who's seen the movie, would you say that Peter's desire to prove himself interfering with his heroics?
Old 2017-06-30, 20:39   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Venom is confirmed in the same reality as Spiderman (& MCU?)

Well, that happens. Let's see how things will go from here.
Old 2017-06-30, 21:06   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Venom is confirmed in the same reality as Spiderman (& MCU?)

Well, that happens. Let's see how things will go from here.
Yeah, I think we basically have the lines drawn after the back and forth interviews. As far as Marvel is concerned Venom and the spinoffs have no connection to the MCU. For Sony events it's more shady. Just have events unfold similarly to the MCU without any direct names referenced and can imply their connection to the MCU.
Old 2017-07-01, 16:14   Link #56
bakato

Summary's out on the wiki. Lot of balls get dropped.
Old 2017-07-02, 03:01   Link #57
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I think we basically have the lines drawn after the back and forth interviews. As far as Marvel is concerned Venom and the spinoffs have no connection to the MCU. For Sony events it's more shady. Just have events unfold similarly to the MCU without any direct names referenced and can imply their connection to the MCU.
Basically it's analogous to the Marvel TV-verse. The Sony movies might reference the MCU movies (other than the Spidey movies, which of course will reference them), but the MCU movies (potentially including the Spidey movies) will not be referencing the Sony movies.

At least up until Disney buys Sony's failing movie division and folds everything together. Then I imagine we'll get something akin to the Marvel Max imprint when it comes to Venom and any such "not family friendly" comic properties that Marvel decides to adapt or reacquire, and Venom will remain largely separate from the MCU proper.
Old 2017-07-06, 00:19   Link #58
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Alright, the movie is really good... While I have to watch a very inexperienced Spiderman.... This movie really good... I can't wait to watch the sequel...
Old 2017-07-07, 14:47   Link #59
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ok, just got back. Soooooooo.... inevitable comparison with one of the greatest superhero movie, Rami's Spiderman 2.

It's.... it's a hard choice. As a film I think the scale tips towards Raimi's 2.
But doing Peter AND Spiderman perfectly absolutely goes to HC.
The problem was Maguire was a perfect Peter, but meh Spidey. Garfield was an amazing Spidy, but meh Peter.
Tom Holland totally nails BOTH roles perfectly. And Keaton Vulture was on par an amazing villain as DocOc.

Marvel just lays down and shows how it's done. Again. Fantastic film, I can't wait to see what they do next.
It would be awesome if we see Sinister Six.
And I really really really want to see JJJ in MCU!
Old 2017-07-07, 22:37   Link #60
Twi

Just saw the movie. It's his coming of age story, and its good.

But, here are some points that stuck with me (slight spoilers):
Spoiler for Movie Spoilers:

Tags
marvel cinematic universe, sony, spider-man