AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2014-10-24, 23:45   Link #1
Amanomurakumo

Ideas for a RPG Maker Game

I like to mess around with RPG Maker VX Ace, but I always keep getting bored with my projects and abandoning them part way because I run out of ideas that actually fit together and end up starting a new project.

Currently my latest idea, centres around the Demon Lord (female) who is deposed from her throne and loses all her power to a coup d'état from a subordinate, who wants to wage war on the humans, while the original ruler was advocate for peace. Meanwhile, lurking in the background is a conspiracy involving both a hidden cult in the human world, and invaders from another world who seek to destroy the humans and demons. The former Demon Lord must find allies and regain her powers to take down the usurper, stop the cult, and prevent the invaders from establishing a foothold in their world.

Aside from the Demon Lord who hasn't got a proper name yet, and the usurper named Dumas, I haven't really planned out any other characters yet.

I know my ideas are hardly original, and sound like the plots of numerous sci-fi/fantasy novels/movies/anime/manga.

I welcome all suggestions into any aspect of the game from anybody interested,
and will credit any I actually choose to use.

Of course, chances are I will probably end up giving up on this project too.
So you may not want to bother.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 04:49   Link #2
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
I like to mess around with RPG Maker VX Ace, but I always keep getting bored with my projects and abandoning them part way because I run out of ideas that actually fit together and end up starting a new project.

Currently my latest idea, centres around the Demon Lord (female) who is deposed from her throne and loses all her power to a coup d'état from a subordinate, who wants to wage war on the humans, while the original ruler was advocate for peace. Meanwhile, lurking in the background is a conspiracy involving both a hidden cult in the human world, and invaders from another world who seek to destroy the humans and demons. The former Demon Lord must find allies and regain her powers to take down the usurper, stop the cult, and prevent the invaders from establishing a foothold in their world.

Aside from the Demon Lord who hasn't got a proper name yet, and the usurper named Dumas, I haven't really planned out any other characters yet.

I know my ideas are hardly original, and sound like the plots of numerous sci-fi/fantasy novels/movies/anime/manga.

I welcome all suggestions into any aspect of the game from anybody interested,
and will credit any I actually choose to use.

Of course, chances are I will probably end up giving up on this project too.
So you may not want to bother.
so how the Human side Are they one nation rule by one government or Many nation and Many governments

how Civilizations present day or medieval Europe or Old Japanese
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 06:08   Link #3
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
so how the Human side Are they one nation rule by one government or Many nation and Many governments

how Civilizations present day or medieval Europe or Old Japanese
I am not going to feature a world map, so only one human nation will really be a part of the story, but it will be a huge empire with a capital city and numerous towns and villages, with the standard rpg fantasy world.

At the moment the Demon Lord/Former Demon Lord is named Rheina, but I don't think it is really very demon-like.

Should I have a "hero" team up, or oppose her? (kind of like Maoyuu)
Old 2014-10-25, 06:20   Link #4
anime fan99

Quote:
I am not going to feature a world map, so only one human nation will really be a part of the story, but it will be a huge empire with a capital city and numerous towns and villages, with the standard rpg fantasy world.

At the moment the Demon Lord/Former Demon Lord is named Rheina, but I don't think it is really very demon-like.

Should I have a "hero" team up, or oppose her?
what about a team up With a former hero Some one that is fallen from Grace Because of conspiracy plot by the hidden cult You mentioned before
Old 2014-10-26, 02:37   Link #5
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
what about a team up With a former hero Some one that is fallen from Grace Because of conspiracy plot by the hidden cult You mentioned before
Interesting idea, but what kind of plot could overpower the prestige of the title of "Hero"?
Old 2014-10-26, 06:22   Link #6
anime fan99

Quote:
Interesting idea, but what kind of plot could overpower the prestige of the title of "Hero"?
1- treason Being Accused of Attempting murder of the king or killing one the royal family Members

2-Romantic relationship with the enemy a Demon , or some one from another kingdom ( You have the option if it true or the relationship is a lie)

3 - the Hero is a Half-human half-demon hybrid again, you have the option if this is true or a lie
Old 2014-10-26, 07:45   Link #7
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
1- treason Being Accused of Attempting murder of the king or killing one the royal family Members

2-Romantic relationship with the enemy a Demon , or some one from another kingdom ( You have the option if it true or the relationship is a lie)

3 - the Hero is a Half-human half-demon hybrid again, you have the option if this is true or a lie
I think 2 or 3 would be too hard to really integrate with a cult conspiracy, after all how would a third party set it up? by playing matchmaker or faking birth certificates? 1st idea sounds good, but normally such an accusation would not stick for someone like a hero unless it was somehow made impossible for the hero to have an alibi.

How's this idea? The hero is lured into a trap, where he is put into a unconscious state and after the VIP is assassinated, the culprit impersonates the hero, and then flees to where the hero is out cold before teleporting to safety, leaving the hero to take the fall.

Or: The hero is sent to subjugate a monster's hideout, only for the monster to turn out to be the crown prince, and the hero is under a spell that makes him see a monster instead of a human, and after killing it, finds out that he killed the prince. The lair also turns out to be the Prince's holiday home, and the weaker monsters are his household staff and guards.

I came up with the Leader for the Cult:
He is the Great Exalt, and is a Mage with high level attack magic, as well as a unique spell called: Word of Xiel'zam that does Dark elemental damage as well as double de-buffing Attack, Defence, Magic Attack and Magic Defence for 5 turns.
He will be the chapter 3 end boss. Dumas the Usurper who replaced the Former Demon Lord, will be the chapter 2 end boss, but will show up again at the end of chapter 4 in a mutated state. The final Boss will be the Outer God Xiel'zam the Devourer of All.

Who should be the chapter 1 end boss?

Story Flow:
Prologue: introduces Former Demon Lord fleeing from Demon Realm
Chapter 1: Introduces Fallen Hero, main characters meet, team up.
save town from monsters, flee from soldiers that come as reinforcements.
meet 3rd party member (undecided)
[need something to pad out story]
investigate truth of VIP murder.
Fight Hero Imposter (if using imposter plot)
first appearance of "Cult of the True God"
End of Chapter 1
Old 2014-10-26, 11:25   Link #8
anime fan99

Quote:
I think 2 or 3 would be too hard to really integrate with a cult conspiracy, after all how would a third party set it up? by playing matchmaker or faking birth certificates? 1st idea sounds good, but normally such an accusation would not stick for someone like a hero unless it was somehow made impossible for the hero to have an alibi.

How's this idea? The hero is lured into a trap, where he is put into a unconscious state and after the VIP is assassinated, the culprit impersonates the hero, and then flees to where the hero is out cold before teleporting to safety, leaving the hero to take the fall.

Or: The hero is sent to subjugate a monster's hideout, only for the monster to turn out to be the crown prince, and the hero is under a spell that makes him see a monster instead of a human, and after killing it, finds out that he killed the prince. The lair also turns out to be the Prince's holiday home, and the weaker monsters are his household staff and guards.

I came up with the Leader for the Cult:
He is the Great Exalt, and is a Mage with high level attack magic, as well as a unique spell called: Word of Xiel'zam that does Dark elemental damage as well as double de-buffing Attack, Defence, Magic Attack and Magic Defence for 5 turns.
He will be the chapter 3 end boss. Dumas the Usurper who replaced the Former Demon Lord, will be the chapter 2 end boss, but will show up again at the end of chapter 4 in a mutated state. The final Boss will be the Outer God Xiel'zam the Devourer of All.

Who should be the chapter 1 end boss?

Story Flow:
Prologue: introduces Former Demon Lord fleeing from Demon Realm
Chapter 1: Introduces Fallen Hero, main characters meet, team up.
save town from monsters, flee from soldiers that come as reinforcements.
meet 3rd party member (undecided)
[need something to pad out story]
investigate truth of VIP murder.
Fight Hero Imposter (if using imposter plot)
first appearance of "Cult of the True God"
End of Chapter 1
2 or 3 would are not that too hard as You think We are talking about medieval Europe standard rpg fantasy world Makeing the public believe something that does not need a lot of work and like i said this do not need to be a lie, but maybe it's a secret hero was Keeping

about chapter 1 end boss?

what about the Royal Guard Captain
Old 2014-10-27, 06:05   Link #9
SineMora
Wait for it...

Can we go Sci-fi + Fantasy? For example, having demon realm in Medieval Stasis, while Humanity is advancing to the future. The cult in humanity's side is the only one practicing magic, While Humans get Laser Rifles, Railguns, Beam sabers, Robotics and turrets. The demon and human realm is in different dimensions...

For the party:

Demon Queen, nuff said, Empower Allies, Demoralize Foes, think of Prince/Princess in Etrian Odyssey.

Combat Engineer (human) can deploy turrets as temporary party members (upgrades to robotics, highest tier will be Titanfall mechs that he can ride) uses unconventional weapons (wrenches, LKWs [Lazerkraftwerk, think of plasma cutters in Dead Space], Flamethrowers, and lots of explosives that do something strange (Heal, AOE, Poison, burn)

Defector from the cult: the black mage of the group with the ability to gun-kata.

Overseer: Scout+Sniper. Crit hitter, Rear support, aside from sniper rifle, scout rifle, and hand cannons, has access to fire support such as mortars or airstrikes.

And many other demons (you decide)

The gameplay I imagine was like Chrome Wolf in Android phones...

As for my characters. I like imagining my Engineer like Quenser Barbotage from Heavy Object, sure he complains a lot "Okay, so you're telling me to destroy a 500 meter demon portal with nothing but a few blocks of Iron Dust? Oh sure, our intel is very good in doing their job, and this job has a great welfare program! *sarcasm*", he's only there for the robotics (otaku), but he gets the job done with results that fly off the window (Commander: "YOU FOOL! I TOLD YOU TO DESTROY THE PORTAL, BUT DID I SAY YOU'RE ALLOWED TO TAKE THE ENTIRE BUILDING ALONG WITH IT?!?! It's the reason why I only gave you 3 blocks of Iron Dust!!!!".) He meets our demon queen in the middle of the said Demolition program.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-10-27 at 06:25.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 08:53   Link #10
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Can we go Sci-fi + Fantasy? For example, having demon realm in Medieval Stasis, while Humanity is advancing to the future. The cult in humanity's side is the only one practicing magic, While Humans get Laser Rifles, Railguns, Beam sabers, Robotics and turrets. The demon and human realm is in different dimensions...

For the party:

Demon Queen, nuff said, Empower Allies, Demoralize Foes, think of Prince/Princess in Etrian Odyssey.

Combat Engineer (human) can deploy turrets as temporary party members (upgrades to robotics, highest tier will be Titanfall mechs that he can ride) uses unconventional weapons (wrenches, LKWs [Lazerkraftwerk, think of plasma cutters in Dead Space], Flamethrowers, and lots of explosives that do something strange (Heal, AOE, Poison, burn)

Defector from the cult: the black mage of the group with the ability to gun-kata.

Overseer: Scout+Sniper. Crit hitter, Rear support, aside from sniper rifle, scout rifle, and hand cannons, has access to fire support such as mortars or airstrikes.

And many other demons (you decide)

The gameplay I imagine was like Chrome Wolf in Android phones...

As for my characters. I like imagining my Engineer like Quenser Barbotage from Heavy Object, sure he complains a lot "Okay, so you're telling me to destroy a 500 meter demon portal with nothing but a few blocks of Iron Dust? Oh sure, our intel is very good in doing their job, and this job has a great welfare program! *sarcasm*", he's only there for the robotics (otaku), but he gets the job done with results that fly off the window (Commander: "YOU FOOL! I TOLD YOU TO DESTROY THE PORTAL, BUT DID I SAY YOU'RE ALLOWED TO TAKE THE ENTIRE BUILDING ALONG WITH IT?!?! It's the reason why I only gave you 3 blocks of Iron Dust!!!!".) He meets our demon queen in the middle of the said Demolition program.
I played Wolfenstein New Order, I am very familiar with the Laser Kraftwerk.
However, I want to stick to a strictly medieval fantasy setting, as futuristic weaponry would completely change the nature of the plot.

I have however worked in the past on a game inspired by Star ocean using futuristic resources, but I lost motivation due to a lack of variety in futuristic enemies, and not having ideas for skills to go with futuristic weaponry.
Old 2014-10-27, 16:56   Link #11
VBRabbit
Rabbit in the Hole

NICE!
Im so happy to see that people actually are still making RPG Maker games.
I remembered when I made games with the 2003 version .
Good Luck with your game...sadly I have no Ideas to contribute

Don't just believe...Do it!
VBRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 17:26   Link #12
Caraelphyte

Hey, OP, I hope you've somehow had a breakthrough and continued to work on this game. Finishing things is hard, especially when the set-up scenario sounds pretty complicated.
Caraelphyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conspiracy, demon lord, outside invasion, rpg