AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-09, 12:15   Link #681
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Yes i can say they are fighting for the frontier. Canaria said "for the sake of his future""It's for the best.". I think she speaks for everyone on SMS...

.. IMHO Canaria and Bobby got more balls than Alto ^^.

They are fighting against the homicidal power hungry president with a Cate Blanchett hair cut. Who would not want to go against that ^^.

Spoiler for Leon's Ancestor(warning large image):
Old 2008-09-09, 12:23   Link #682
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You know, if all Grace needed was a singer with cancer causing fold wave emissions, why go to all the effort and expense into making her an Idol? And if she did give Sheryl the disease, why not a bunch of other gutter brats?
Gotta get some funding for her research, so if her idol can sell millions of records, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
lols . I think it was also called section-chief Oji... That was a lot of fun specially with his flying V and oversized speakers... ^^ and I liked his heavy metal better than Basara ^^...(hides under the desk again)
His music powers the weapons!!! There was some ecchi in that anime, right?
Old 2008-09-09, 12:25   Link #683
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Unhappy

Quote:
Yes i can say they are fighting for the frontier. Canaria said "for the sake of his future""It's for the best.". I think she speaks for everyone on SMS...
Ok. And what if her son died as consequence of a random Vajra attack on the Frontier, when the SMS crew is conveniently absent? Would that be good? Are they absolute and positively sure that something like that won't happen again, while they're gone? Was Cathy and Ozma's research so detailed as to show such a possibility as completely unlikely? Could it be?

To me, the decision to effectively abandon Frontier, even if it was "for their own good", wasn't really all that mature. Of course, it could turn out to be quite alright, but it's not something that looks like it, so far. At least, not until I see their whole reasoning - and what was on the message Cathy sent.

Quote:
.. IMHO Canaria and Bobby got more balls than Alto ^^.
Now, I can't argue with that. Nor would I want to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Gotta get some funding for her research, so if her idol can sell millions of records, why not?
That seems like as good a reason as any.
And maybe, just maybe, she was trying to disguise herself and put some distance between her previous scientist/researcher persona?

Old 2008-09-09, 12:33   Link #684
glyph

Quote:
Sheryl's pan galactic concert tour was a convenient front (Operation Carnival) for Grace to scope out fleets to use as Galaxy's proxy/scapegoat without arousing suspicion.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:38   Link #685
Wesley84

The majority of the SMS must not be personally invested in whether or not Frontier survives. Either that or Ozma throws really awesome company parties.

Quote:
Except Grace has Galaxy's backing. Money shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:39   Link #686
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I just cant shake the wondering of what they have in store for Sheryl, its actually driving me quite mad because i keep dwelling on it. With them waving her death flags at every turn i cant help but to wonder if they are using misdirection at this point.
With them waiving this many death flags, I'd be really shocked if Sheryl actually gets the pineapple salad. That'd be just too obvious in a show where they have taken a real delight in trolling us.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:47   Link #687
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR
Ok. And what if her son died as consequence of a random Vajra attack on the Frontier, when the SMS crew is conveniently absent? Would that be good? Are they absolute and positively sure that something like that won't happen again, while they're gone? Was Cathy and Ozma's research so detailed as to show such a possibility as completely unlikely? Could it be?

To me, the decision to effectively abandon Frontier, even if it was "for their own good", wasn't really all that mature. Of course, it could turn out to be quite alright, but it's not something that looks like it, so far. At least, not until I see their whole reasoning - and what was on the message Cathy sent.
Even so. Canaria knew that Ozma is looking into a bigger picture. Bigger than just fighting the Vajra with blind hate like what Alto is doing. That is knowing who their true enemy is. They are fighting for a future more safer than what Leon could make or think he is making. ...Hopefully the encrypted message Cathy sent will explain everything... And yeah... you can't go wrong with being a pirate ^^...

♪ Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate! ♫

damn i so missed the Jolly Roger logo from the skull squadron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval
His music powers the weapons!!! There was some ecchi in that anime, right?
Yup he powers the alien chic's weapons, but i don't know about the ecchi part, maybe a little bit.

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-09 at 13:53.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:53   Link #688
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Except Grace has Galaxy's backing. Money shouldn't be a problem.
Somebody gave the correct answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Sheryl's pan galactic concert tour was a convenient front (Operation Carnival) for Grace to scope out fleets to use as Galaxy's proxy/scapegoat without arousing suspicion.

Quote:
Yup he powers the alien chic's weapons, but i don't know about the ecchi part, maybe a little bit.
My friend claimed he chanced upon some sexy time. But nah... enough about that.
Old 2008-09-09, 13:18   Link #689
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Didn't Bobby say seven-tenths of the personnel joined them?
How that distributes among the ranks is another story.
Yea i remember that part and instantly i started thinking about what minimal staff it would take to run quarter not to mention pilot's and supplies. Even without knowing the exact number it obvious they are lacking.
Quote:
Hmmm... they are certainly lacking in the pilot dept. they only have Mu La Flaga and no Kira aboard the quarter. Will there be another side character for the pilot?.... well this hopefully means more screentime for the Koenig Monster ...
GOD i have been wishing for Konig Monster ass kicking since its debut in episode 7. They give us that great scene with Carinia firing some serious artillery, then she gets reduce to being Ranka's chaffer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
With them waiving this many death flags, I'd be really shocked if Sheryl actually gets the pineapple salad. That'd be just too obvious in a show where they have taken a real delight in trolling us.
I no clue what they are planning but its going to make me need therapy. I think they are having a hell of time keeping all the fans in perpetual darkness.
Old 2008-09-09, 16:48   Link #690
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I like to think Grace turned out evil because raising Sheryl sapped all the compassion right out of her.
lol.. If we follow this line of thinking, it's a very good thing Grace didn't raise Ranka. Can you imagine the kind of dramatic transformation her personality would have undergone if she had to look after Ranka all these years? The last time she was in the vicinity of Ranka for few moments, she wanted to blow up a planet. Correction: she did.

Come on, Wesley, it's time to forgive and forget.

P.S. To Sekidousai: It's been nagging me for sometime. I've finally given in to my curiosity and looked in my folder. Guess what I've found? I'll tell you... I've found the model of inspiration behind Sheryl's character design.

Spoiler for Please use discretion if one is an ultra sensitive Sheryl-fan ^___^:

I was at work, so it was very difficult to explain why I was in convulsion from time to time for a certain period in moments. I lol'ed like an idiot.
Old 2008-09-09, 17:10   Link #691
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Spoiler for Please use discretion if one is an ultra sensitive Sheryl-fan ^___^:
Who the heck is that?!?

Old 2008-09-09, 17:17   Link #692
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I should have -rep you, monir =.=

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-09, 17:27   Link #693
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Who the heck is that?!?
An artist who relies on music to save the universe, just like our Macross idol, Sheryl and Ranka. The show is called Kachou O-ji that aired in 1999. It seems Sekidousai is the only one who has seen this show thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I should have -rep you, monir =.=

Sorry KiNA-kun. Can you imagine how upset I was when I recalled?

Old 2008-09-09, 17:40   Link #694
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
lol.. If we follow this line of thinking, it's a very good thing Grace didn't raise Ranka. Can you imagine the kind of dramatic transformation her personality would have undergone if she had to look after Ranka all these years? The last time she was in the vicinity of Ranka for few moments, she wanted to blow up a planet. Correction: she did.
...She'd become a man?
Old 2008-09-09, 18:06   Link #695
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
The majority of the SMS must not be personally invested in whether or not Frontier survives. Either that or Ozma throws really awesome company parties.
That's one thing I don't get.

Since they all ran off, how do they expect to fight against Leon and NOT endanger Frontier?

Wouldn't it make sense to go incognito and assassinate/discredit Leon? Can't do it when you just ran off in a battleship to god knows where. Unless they are waiting for Leon to make a mistake so they swoop in and take advantage of it.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:13   Link #696
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's one thing I don't get.

Since they all ran off, how do they expect to fight against Leon and NOT endanger Frontier?

Wouldn't it make sense to go incognito and assassinate/discredit Leon? Can't do it when you just ran off in a battleship to god knows where. Unless they are waiting for Leon to make a mistake so they swoop in and take advantage of it.
There are couple of things. Leon is trying to absorb the SMS into the NUNS, which as you can imagine, is not something the SMS crews prefer. Moreover, staying on the Frontier does not help the situation, because as you know, Leon is a conspirator who murdered the president, while Ozma and co. are at their present situation, quite helpless. Sure, it is easy to say that Ozma should just discredit or simply assassinate (although the latter option is more difficult still) Leon, but even the first case cannot be proven. I think they made a sensible choice in escaping the Frontier, because as far as things are concerned, staying is hopeless.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:18   Link #697
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think they made a sensible choice in escaping the Frontier, because as far as things are concerned, staying is hopeless.

- Tak
I also think they made the right choice for the same reasons!
Old 2008-09-09, 18:40   Link #698
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't. First of all, what kind of evidence was that, which could be destroyed and they didn't have a single backup? Second of all, how can they just swoop in, when Leon makes a mistake? Third of all, they fought their old allies for real, no theatrics, there.

So, no, I'm not digging SMS part in this, after the last episode...

Old 2008-09-09, 18:44   Link #699
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I don't. First of all, what kind of evidence was that, which could be destroyed and they didn't have a single backup? Second of all, how can they just swoop in, when Leon makes a mistake? Third of all, they fought their old allies for real, no theatrics, there.

So, no, I'm not digging SMS part in this, after the last episode...
They are taking a gamble really, making a bet. Then again, a lot of things that went on in Frontier were results of taking risks. Leon took his, and now Ozma is going to do the same thing. Yes, SMS fought against their former allies, but if you notice, there were no casualties during their brief engagement.

Although it should be said that perhaps swooping in to save the day might be a bit far-fetched, but staying wasn't much of a viable option, either. At least they can plan their next move. Moreover, don't forget that humans control a good portion of the Galaxy, and the Frontier isn't the only colony.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:47   Link #700
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
There are couple of things. Leon is trying to absorb the SMS into the NUNS, which as you can imagine, is not something the SMS crews prefer. Moreover, staying on the Frontier does not help the situation, because as you know, Leon is a conspirator who murdered the president, while Ozma and co. are at their present situation, quite helpless. Sure, it is easy to say that Ozma should just discredit or simply assassinate (although the latter option is more difficult still) Leon, but even the first case cannot be proven. I think they made a sensible choice in escaping the Frontier, because as far as things are concerned, staying is hopeless.

- Tak
So what exactly do they hope to achieve then by running away? Frontier is on its last legs and will inevitably fall to a Vajra attack so fighting against Frontier will deplete it of even more resources and make it vulnerable to attack unless they are waiting for Leon to make a mistake.
Closed Thread