AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-07, 22:46   Link #81
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Inb4 flame war about ^.

Still hoping Hachi becomes a member, as I've posted years ago during Tenryuubito arc.
Old 2011-01-08, 05:26   Link #82
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I want a fishman crewmate for the Strawhats.
Old 2011-01-08, 13:41   Link #83
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Another interesting thing about Tom is that he didn't bear the insignia of the "pirates of the sun". Instead, his tattoos were circles surrounded by floral patterns.
Old 2011-01-08, 13:44   Link #84
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Isn't the Kraken already the new member?
Another one this fast would be a bit too much, wouldn't it?

While the kraken certainly seems to be a new friend, I don't think we can count him as an official member. Heck, remember when Luffy asked some of the TB zombies to join his crew, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
maybe hammond becomes next member

Sure, why not? And let's throw in Caribou too, for the hell of it. That way, Oda Oda kills 2 birds in one arc with the member types that fans have been clamoring the most for (a merman and a Logia). I mean, even a nasty murderer like Caribou must have some deep, meaningful past that would make him Straw-Hat material, right?
Old 2011-01-09, 03:02   Link #85
trafalgarcito

yea we want to see some logia power development and caribou redeaming sins in a more serious tone could be interesting?? its hard for oda to keep doing the introduction of the new member in the classic way of "unexpected at first to join / noone tought of it"...besides, luffy forgives everybody no matter what theyve done, if they show a change of heart...
Old 2011-01-09, 13:19   Link #86
marvelB

^Yes, yes, I'm sure that Caribou and his brother are just a couple of poor, misunderstood souls whose brutal, tragic histories led them to be the sadistic bastards they are today. All they need is a good 5-minute pep talk from Luffy and they can kiss those inner demons goodbye! After all, there's no way they can just be a couple of wackos who kill marines for the hell of it, right?
Old 2011-01-09, 18:22   Link #87
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
^
lol

MarvelB you are absolutely right =P

^_^
Old 2011-01-10, 05:11   Link #88
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I mean, even a nasty murderer like Caribou must have some deep, meaningful past that would make him Straw-Hat material, right?

'Agree'.
Old 2011-01-10, 09:04   Link #89
Paraden1989

wouldn't it be funny if caribou was Sanji's blood type?!
Old 2011-01-10, 21:32   Link #90
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yes, yes, I'm sure that Caribou and his brother are just a couple of poor, misunderstood souls whose brutal, tragic histories led them to be the sadistic bastards they are today. All they need is a good 5-minute pep talk from Luffy and they can kiss those inner demons goodbye! After all, there's no way they can just be a couple of wackos who kill marines for the hell of it, right?
well I've always felt that they need to be more willing to kill and be more "piratey". Even zorro doesn't seem to have killed any one since he joined even if he wasn't "using the back of his sword". so I'll be happy if they do get a more blood thirsty member, although he would still need to align to the general SH values so to speak.

Even the crew acknowledged that they are supposed to act like pirates: at the end of the skypiea arc, they said that they are pirates so they should steal the gold.
Old 2011-01-11, 03:10   Link #91
valk0v

Zoro killed an entire organization in one night. Zoro is not a serial killer, but mass killer
I hope carubou become the new sh, i like his character.
As of the message the 3 princes had for Luffy is most likely where Jinbei will wait for them in the new world.
Old 2011-01-11, 09:30   Link #92
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
This extremely long break is driving me crazy. I want my ONE PIECE NOW!
Old 2011-01-11, 10:50   Link #93
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
well I've always felt that they need to be more willing to kill and be more "piratey".
How does that work?

Should they also have more eye patches, leg pegs and less colorful clothing too? How about the fact that their crew contains 10 people, and that is a ridiculously small crew for a pirate crew (I don't thinkt here has been such a small crew in the history piracy). Should they also recruit another 40 crewmembers in order to be more 'piratey'?

Btw, its a bit unnerving seeing how many people admire or 'like' a character like Caribou..
Old 2011-01-11, 11:23   Link #94
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
^ NOOO, youre right. luffy will be pirate king with a pet-zoo of a crew. why would a killer make a good crewmember in the OP world?! i dont know... he might kill a marine or two.
Old 2011-01-11, 11:52   Link #95
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Btw, its a bit unnerving seeing how many people admire or 'like' a character like Caribou..
Why is that strange? Who doesn't like a bad guy? Especially if they are forced to fight for the good guys? Buffy had a nice 4 season story arc about a bad guy slowly turning good (Spike), DBZ had Vegeta slowly changing over the course of 2 main story arcs and some 100+ chapters. Why can't Luffy and the Strawhats pick up a bad guy and then have that character slowly change over n-number of chapters? Hell, Oda has already started similar character arcs with Buggy and Crocodile.

Once again, I'm befuddled why anyone would care one way or another about the potential for Caribou joining the crew. If he joins, then obviously he will (slowly) change to fit in with the Strawhats (which could be a very interesting story). If he doesn't join, then he will probably get at least a fun send-off. Either way, it doesn't really matter currently, especially considering the little character definition Caribou has currently...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-11 at 14:22.
Old 2011-01-12, 03:15   Link #96
marvelB

Good news, guys! Oda's not on break after all! In fact, you can already catch the first new spoilers of the year here!
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion