Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 07:14   Link #5401
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
What the fact than the readers are naked is supposed to improve the reading ? Yes, it might attract some currious to the session but beside that
They should conduct Shakespeare plays in the Victorian style - where the audience can participate in the actual fights on-stage by simply climbing on.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 07:43   Link #5402
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

^ They are conducting nude reading, not nude acting you know
Old 2011-08-23, 08:26   Link #5403
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
^ They are conducting nude reading, not nude acting you know
The problem with nude reading that it isn't ARTICULATE enough, even though they are speaking in coherent* language.

Nothing beats body language. Act it out.

* - "In" and "coherent" are two separate words, but with regards to the context of my reply, you can read them both together too. Either way brings across the message.

Gold $3,000?

Quote:
I’ve just spent the last six weeks on book leave, and I’ve realized I’ve been writing about the wrong topic.

My new book is about money and the Bible. Instead I should have saved myself the effort and just banged out a cheap, superficial pamphlet with a title that would have sold a million copies: “Gold $36,000.”
Very soon, we are going to see a replay of the Hunt Brothers manipulation by some gigantic fund management company.

And yet another winner on MW!

Free services may hit texting profits

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-08-23, 08:32   Link #5404
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
They should conduct Shakespeare plays in the Victorian style - where the audience can participate in the actual fights on-stage by simply climbing on.
Awesome-ness aside, what happens after the fight scenes?
Old 2011-08-23, 12:52   Link #5405
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Gold $3,000?

Very soon, we are going to see a replay of the Hunt Brothers manipulation by some gigantic fund management company.
So, what... if people don't trust fiat money and instead prefer shiny metal (you cannot eat either ) just let them. I don't need gold (at least not in vast amounts... only that little gold thats build into my PC - neglible).
Old 2011-08-23, 12:53   Link #5406
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
So, what... if people don't trust fiat money and instead prefer shiny metal (you cannot eat either ) just let them. I don't need gold (at least not in vast amounts... only that little gold thats build into my PC - neglible).
i rather have potatoes.
Old 2011-08-23, 15:19   Link #5407
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i rather have potatoes.
Why not canned food ? You can keep then without spoiling them for a longer time.

Californian baby tossed from building; mom arrested
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-23-15-08-59

Last edited by ganbaru; 2011-08-23 at 15:34.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:14   Link #5408
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Why not canned food ? You can keep then without spoiling them for a longer time.

Californian baby tossed from building; mom arrested
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-23-15-08-59
you can't grow potato form canned food.
Old 2011-08-23, 16:23   Link #5409
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You can't quantify a trade if your currency is something you eat and something that can fail in a harvest. How many potatos do you have to carry to buy a computer? A Car? A house? A loaf of bread? A burger? Can you subdivide a potato fairly and effectively and still call it a currency?
Old 2011-08-23, 17:07   Link #5410
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Gold only has industrial *intrinsic* value in electronics. Otherwise, you can't even make good bullets with it

So I understand the potato analogy.... in a "disaster world" the unit of currency is likely to be ammo and cans of dog food.

Money .... an agreed form of "IOU something actually useful as a backstop for it" -- at least until people stop agreeing anymore and then its like the zippity-thousands of coin types that roamed the Italian countryside during the Medici period.
Old 2011-08-23, 19:25   Link #5411
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You can't quantify a trade if your currency is something you eat and something that can fail in a harvest. How many potatos do you have to carry to buy a computer? A Car? A house? A loaf of bread? A burger? Can you subdivide a potato fairly and effectively and still call it a currency?
But once you trade your gold for a computer you would only have a computer and no gold.

With a potato, i can put it in the ground and in a few seasons i would have more potatoes. Doubling or tripling my investment. I can then trade as many potatoes as i can afford to give up for a computer and i would have both a computer and more potatoes. I can also make bread form potatoes, can you make bread form gold?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-08-23 at 19:58.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 19:55   Link #5412
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Jim Rogers at least agrees with you. I can definitely see farming, especially on a more local scale becoming increasingly important in the next century.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:18   Link #5413
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
you can't grow potato form canned food.
And you can't grow potatoes without farmland. Coincidently:

Why is George Soros Selling His Gold and Buying Farmland?

Quote:
Here's a great trivia question for you.

What asset has appreciated more than any asset since the year 2000?

Answer: Farmland. 1,200%

Food prices are skyrocketing all across the globe, and there's no end in sight. The United Nations says food inflation is currently at 30% a year, and the fast-eroding value of the dollar is causing food prices to appear even higher in contrast to a weakening currency. As the dollar drops in value due to runaway money printing at the Federal Reserve, the cost to import foods from other nations looks to double in just the next two years — and possibly every two years thereafter.

That's probably why investors around the globe are flocking to farmland as the new growth industry. Investors are pouring into farmland in the U.S. and parts of Europe, Latin America and Africa as global food prices soar. A fund controlled by George Soros, the billionaire hedge-fund manager, owns 23.4 percent of a South American farmland venture Adecoagro.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/etfs/commodi...#ixzz1VuA4ZPmu
Old 2011-08-23, 20:33   Link #5414
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post

you don't need farmland, just land.

my house has a pretty big backyard. my parents are growing tomatos, squash, cucumbers and other veggies in it.
Old 2011-08-23, 20:43   Link #5415
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
This is an example of the market at work. Bad profits in food crops and ethanol subsidies pushed a lot of farmers out of the food-growing market. Now, predictably, prices are going up, and people are getting interested in growing food crops again.

Kill off the ethanol subsidies entirely, excise the typical American pandering to the corn industry and we'll see a lot more farmers start growing things that can be eaten, rather than being paid by the government to grow fuel corn or grow nothing at all.
Old 2011-08-23, 21:02   Link #5416
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Awesome-ness aside, what happens after the fight scenes?
I don't know. What I learnt during literature lessons close to a decade ago, my teacher taught us this.

Then again, nude acting isn't a good idea if it is in the style of Victorian, they use young boys to play as female characters. *shudders at the thought of thousands of fujoshis flooding into a theater*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
The problem is most idiots, inside and outside of the trading floor, tie gold to "safe havens". If currency fails, it is perceived as all other types of physical assets will fail (bonds, equities, commodities), they will park their money to hedge against inflation. The higher gold prices go, it is a sign of stagnant economies.

But the problem is, if there is so much money held in gold, which is neither consumed nor used, where is there enough money to drive the market for consumables and capital goods? The economy is going to further stagnate as money supply keeps increasing through "printing", driving interest rates down, further increasing inflation, and more of these money is used to "invest" in gold - and the payout is simply going to work like a giant Ponzi scheme once gold prices crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post

He isn't really shifting his money into commodities. He is shifting them into equities - land.

And also, I think this confirms it :

Alan Greenspan: Gold Is Not A Bubble

@ Xellos, Vexx, Ithekro, Jinto etc : For those who do investments and trading, I am sure you guys are familiar with this :

Some people consider gold an equity. I don't think so - it is more of an unique form of security where people park their money in an event of stagflation or market uncertainty.

Old 2011-08-23, 21:06   Link #5417
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just wondering but can you trade water rights? nvm, you can trade water rights.

Even more then land i consider water to be more important and essential.

thinking further about it. if WW3 breaks out it won't be about oil but fresh water.
Old 2011-08-23, 21:12   Link #5418
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
just wondering but can you trade water rights?

Even more then land i consider water to be more important and essential.

thinking further about it. if WW3 breaks out it won't be about oil but fresh water.
Mineral water bottling companies are a step ahead of you. So is Coca-Cola.

If you want to trade war commodities, the two major ones you can play are iron/steel and rubber. Second goes to brass/copper/lead.

Old 2011-08-23, 21:45   Link #5419
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Trading potatoes only works if you need potates. You have 500 potatoes and are growing more. You want to buy something from someone, but he also has more potatoes than he needs...he has no use for your potatoes. Same as more and more potatoes get tossed into the market. Unlike gold, or even unbacked money...the potato grows itself...but it would also devalue itself as you grow more. To the point where people are sick of eating potatoes...sick of looking at potatoes...and more importantly, sink of carrying a sack of potatoes in an attempt to buy other things. The reason for paper money and coins is so someone can carry a lot more currency than if they had to carry items for barter or pounds of metal to trade. How many of you in Commonwealth countries want to go back to actually carrying a pound of silver for each British Pound? How many Pounds is it to buy things these days? Do you think you can carry that much?
Old 2011-08-23, 23:06   Link #5420
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Trading potatoes only works if you need potates. You have 500 potatoes and are growing more. You want to buy something from someone, but he also has more potatoes than he needs...he has no use for your potatoes. Same as more and more potatoes get tossed into the market. Unlike gold, or even unbacked money...the potato grows itself...but it would also devalue itself as you grow more. To the point where people are sick of eating potatoes...sick of looking at potatoes...and more importantly, sink of carrying a sack of potatoes in an attempt to buy other things. The reason for paper money and coins is so someone can carry a lot more currency than if they had to carry items for barter or pounds of metal to trade. How many of you in Commonwealth countries want to go back to actually carrying a pound of silver for each British Pound? How many Pounds is it to buy things these days? Do you think you can carry that much?
It is still the problem with trust in a currency. Money has evolved so far that it has become electronic, but the thing is that the world can't agree on a universal credit.

Tags
humor