AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 08:55   Link #561
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is probably mostly nostalgia speaking but... this episode was awesome!! I liked what they did with Shun's character. The job of wandering doctor suits him perfectly.

The explanation regarding the appearance of the clostones and elements was decent. I'm sure there was someone behind that meteorite fall. Clostone Andromeda looked really cool. Better than the original in fact. I like the addition of black around the edges of the cloth.

It sucks Hyoga and Shiryu weren't wearing the Aquarius and Libra clothes back then. I take it that means only Seiya was promoted. He probably slept with Saori to get that promotion...
Old 2012-06-17, 09:13   Link #562
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He probably slept with Saori to get that promotion...
Are you inferring that, in order to be promoted to Gold, a saint have to seduce Athena in a way ? That's kinda disturbing. Especially when I think that back in the original series there's no Athena, only the fake Pope .
Old 2012-06-17, 09:45   Link #563
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Are you inferring that, in order to be promoted to Gold, a saint have to seduce Athena in a way ? That's kinda disturbing. Especially when I think that back in the original series there's no Athena, only the fake Pope .
You know, with the exception of Dohko (who was promoted from Bronze), every other Gold Saint of the 20th Century were chosen and awarded their Cloth while they were literally children...

But Pope Shion was still alive at the time though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:52   Link #564
Undertaker

But really, continuity and logic never really apply to Saint Seiya universe. So I've long given up on trying to figure these things out and just enjoy the ride.

with that been said, I still can't get over how female saints (Yuna in particular) are more Precure like than actually wearing cloth, I know the team is basically from the Heartcatch crew but still...

As well as control of the elements don't really add much considering that many attacks in original manga have element properties to begin with and Ryuseiken and Shoryuha are consider as higher-tier techniques baffles me, burning cosmos or not. I actually feels bad for Ichi, since he got nerfed with this whole element thing when he had one of the more unique element before with his poison-based attack.

But, at least this episode answers some questions. Now the issue with did some Clothes switch class ?
Old 2012-06-17, 12:04   Link #565
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
with that been said, I still can't get over how female saints (Yuna in particular) are more Precure like than actually wearing cloth, I know the team is basically from the Heartcatch crew but still...
IMO it's an improvement over the original which not only barely covers any part of the body to be even able to call protection wear (yeah yeah I know the old otaku joke that the less the armor covers the body for female the higher protection class it is lol), on top of that they were essentially based off 80s style aerobics sports wear for woman so it was still just the same tactic of selling by sexual appeal except from a different angle than the moe style of today. At least the Precure style Eagle cloth in Omega isn't so different than the already skin-tight style cloth so it's not so jarring and it offers better protection at least visually.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:20   Link #566
gordol
Banned

First look at the Phoenix, Cygnus and Andromeda Clothstone version:

Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by gordol; 2012-06-17 at 12:35.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 13:01   Link #567
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
^The clothes look pretty awesome with the black borders indeed, especially Shun's. Here's hoping we're gonna see he actually wearing it again in the future.

Another interesting episode this week. Shun was convincing as a legendary Saint and Kamiya did a good job. The action scenes delivered too.
So Mars used to wear a regular cloth and he didn't see much of a threat before the meteorite fell, huh? But then he shows up with a very different appearance, as if possessed by the darkness. It's safe to assume there's someone else pulling his strings or at least behind that weird incident.

And baby Kouga was nowhere to be seen during the first Mars battle, but then we see Athena holding him after the incident. I have a feeling he was born when the meteorite fell or something.

Anyway...i like how it seems that a lot of thought was put behind Omega and there's a solid, reasonably complex plot moving things, better than the usual for Saint Seiya. SS never left too much room for speculation and always had that feeling of "making up the story as we progress".
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 14:39   Link #568
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I checked it out and honestly I'm not really a fan of it. Gonna sit this one out. I'm glad that some people, who like the good old Seiya found a sanctuary within the new series, nostalgia speaking or not. As for me, I'll secretly hope for the third season of The Lost Canvas.
Old 2012-06-17, 14:55   Link #569
Miraluka
Banned

Different studios, it can't be helped.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 15:43   Link #570
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's the reason Saga took so many baths in the original series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
And baby Kouga was nowhere to be seen during the first Mars battle, but then we see Athena holding him after the incident. I have a feeling he was born when the meteorite fell or something.
Or maybe the meteorite was actually a spaceship hosting the last member of an alien race. Kouga is Superman!
Old 2012-06-18, 02:06   Link #571
Jehuty

I guess I shouldn't complain so much about how the new Cloths look.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-18, 11:20   Link #572
Cachalo

Quote:
The explanation regarding the appearance of the clostones and elements was decent. I'm sure there was someone behind that meteorite fall.
Quote:
So Mars used to wear a regular cloth and he didn't see much of a threat before the meteorite fell, huh? But then he shows up with a very different appearance, as if possessed by the darkness. It's safe to assume there's someone else pulling his strings or at least behind that weird incident.
That meteorite wasn't natural at all and its timing was too convenient.

It's definitely a Xanatos Gambit from... somebody.

According to some spoilers, the Man behind the Man is:

Quote:
I have a feeling he was born when the meteorite fell or something.
Quote:
Or maybe the meteorite was actually a spaceship hosting the last member of an alien race. Kouga is Superman!
There's a theory Kouga is a Martian found inside that meteorite and that's why he's immune to getting infected by the same Darkness wound as everybody else.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 13:54   Link #573
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
There's a theory Kouga is a Martian found inside that meteorite and that's why he's immune to getting infected by the same Darkness wound as everybody else.
Yeah, it's actually not a bad theory. I always thought that dark clothstone that appears briefly in the eyecatch scene is foreshadowing something about Kouga.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:00   Link #574
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Yeah, it's actually not a bad theory. I always thought that dark clothstone that appears briefly in the eyecatch scene is foreshadowing something about Kouga.
I remember some early spoilers saying that Kouga possesses both the Light and Darkness Cosmo.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 04:49   Link #575
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
IMO it's an improvement over the original which not only barely covers any part of the body to be even able to call protection wear (yeah yeah I know the old otaku joke that the less the armor covers the body for female the higher protection class it is lol), on top of that they were essentially based off 80s style aerobics sports wear for woman so it was still just the same tactic of selling by sexual appeal except from a different angle than the moe style of today. At least the Precure style Eagle cloth in Omega isn't so different than the already skin-tight style cloth so it's not so jarring and it offers better protection at least visually.
Very true, I guess my hope on it was a bit too high, I love my Precures, (at least the original and HeartCatch) but it just weird for me to see saints with skirt and frills and more dress then armors. Looking at the shots, hard to tell if Yuna actually got more or less actual armor on her than original female Cloth one you take away the skirts and the frills.

Speaking of that, when I was kid Shun thought Shun was a girl for the longest time and even still to this day, Andromeda Cloth and Pisces Cloth are still the perfect female Cloth in my mind one you add some rooms in the breast area...
Old 2012-06-21, 13:22   Link #576
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Very true, I guess my hope on it was a bit too high, I love my Precures, (at least the original and HeartCatch) but it just weird for me to see saints with skirt and frills and more dress then armors. Looking at the shots, hard to tell if Yuna actually got more or less actual armor on her than original female Cloth one you take away the skirts and the frills.

Speaking of that, when I was kid Shun thought Shun was a girl for the longest time and even still to this day, Andromeda Cloth and Pisces Cloth are still the perfect female Cloth in my mind one you add some rooms in the breast area...
She definitely has more actual armor than the original Aquila:

Kurumada was super lazy with this design.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 21:17   Link #577
n0m@n
C-Z

I never expected for Eden to be
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2012-06-23, 23:01   Link #578
Miraluka
Banned

The next episode will feature Yuna's past and mentor, curious thing is that place is a cold place that reminds me of Hyoga's land, maybe its his turn to appear?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:55   Link #579
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I never expected for Eden to be
Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2012-06-24, 07:52   Link #580
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote: