Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:20   Link #1882
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Funny, one source I read in my earlier years spoke of a "Kwangtung crack army". Though admittedly the book was called "The Russian version of the 2nd World War", complete with terms like "Hitlerite", "imperialists", etc. being used prolifically.
I heard all the good arty the Kantogun had was sent back to Japan or something. That would certainly mess up any defense.
The tattered remains of the Waffen SS in 1945 were more "crack" than the Kantogun ever would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Who's the father?

Quote:
Tank hatches were bolted to ward off enemy infantry. The sport doesn't have infantry, so it's probably left unbolted for safety reasons. I also like to think that Black Forest has a policy of not bolting their hatches to encourage tank commanders to stay unbuttoned.
You also close your side hatch the same reason you don't leave your car door open when you drive...

Anyway, the water pressure + the weight of the hatch means opening it is near impossible but eh, as I mention, it's the signifcance that counts.
Old 2012-11-30, 07:39   Link #1883
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Who's the father?
Erwin Rommel

Old 2012-11-30, 08:18   Link #1884
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
OVA und Swimsuits
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Dat YUKARI

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:24   Link #1885
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Erwin Rommel
Erwin + Rommel = Erwin Rommel = father's name O__o
Old 2012-11-30, 10:39   Link #1886
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Christmas Und Panzers HQ Version

Images
Christmas Und Panzers HQ Alternate

Images
This is Senshado

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-30, 10:45   Link #1887
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

^ i like 1st one since it bigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Erwin + Rommel = Erwin Rommel = father's name O__o
well it can be Erwin Rommel Jr

Old 2012-11-30, 11:09   Link #1888
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Oh Cra-

Poor Erwin

Spoiler for For those who don't get it:

Old 2012-11-30, 11:48   Link #1889
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Funny, one source I read in my earlier years spoke of a "Kwangtung crack army". Though admittedly the book was called "The Russian version of the 2nd World War", complete with terms like "Hitlerite", "imperialists", etc. being used prolifically.
I heard all the good arty the Kantogun had was sent back to Japan or something. That would certainly mess up any defense.
The Kwangtung army of 1945 was basically an over-sized refugee camp starving to death. Alongside the half-million army, Manchuria was filled with millions of Japanese colonists being slowly surrounded and systematically destroyed.

They were losing hold on Manchuria due to consistent Chinese guerrilla raids and forced to live off the land, which provided little in terms of substance. Its not just the good weapons being transferred back to home defense, but they had not even the weapons capable of withstanding the battle-hardened Red Army in the first place anyway. In the South Pacific, the Japanese never seen the kind of armored warfare demonstrated in Europe due to the terrain, which allowed the Japanese to holdout against American attacks for as long as they did. Even so, the Japanese army had little to no direct answer to American armor.

Manchuria on the other hand, was open plains. Just imagine the shock and awe of Japanese troops when they witnessed a legion of T-34s, KVs and even IS tanks pouring in. If the Japanese had difficulties dealing with Shermans in South Pacific, what answers do they have dealing with Soviet armor?

The situation was so dire that Japanese troops basically were forced to wrap bombs, roll under Soviet tanks and ignite.

Soviet Tank Crew A: What was that? *feeling the bump*

Soviet Tank Crew B: I think we ran over a rock, Ivan...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:50   Link #1890
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Seems like the show wasted an opportunity for fanart bait and figure profit. We don't know anything about her other than her costume and that she lost. At least a minute of the actual battle could've been shown during the credits, just enough time for some animated gestures or something quotable.
Anchovy's been in about 10 frames so far! That piece of fanart would represent an increase of 10%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You forgot that all the crack units and equipment were transferred to the Pacific to fight the US, basically leaving only raw recruits acting as a light infantry counter-insurgency force and not a force capable of fighting against armor. For that matter, the Kantogun only had around 600,000, with the rest being independent units (with at least 200,000 being in Korea).
There's also about 200,000 soldiers in the Manchukuo army. They're of (very) questionable combat effectiveness, but it won't do to forget them entirely.

Quote:
The Kwantung Army was good back in 1939, but the best troops had been stripped out by 1945. It wouldn't made too much difference even if they had kept their best troops though - the Soviet attack was just too overwhelmingly successful. Besides, the IJA barely even knew that Deep Battle existed much less had a good way of dealing with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Manchuria on the other hand, was open plains. Just imagine the shock and awe of Japanese troops when they witnessed a legion of T-34s, KVs and even IS tanks pouring in. If the Japanese had difficulties dealing with Shermans in South Pacific, what answers do they have dealing with Soviet armor?
The Red Army even used BT tanks! In 1945!

It'd be awesome if Pravda fielded one. Maybe Kanemoto Hisako managed to lobby the creators to include one.
Old 2012-11-30, 20:49   Link #1891
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Actually, Japanese deverloped their better tanks in the late of WW2.
Spoiler for :

Japan didn't develope tank at beginning of war because most of their enemy are Chinese, who is weak in armoured unit too. While against UK, US on the Pacific sea and jungle is not good for tanks. Near the end of war, Japan begin develope better, heavier tanks (mostly based on German tanks), but too late for them
Old 2012-11-30, 21:14   Link #1892
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And, IIRC, the few they did manage to develop they kept in reserve on the main islands, anticipating a full US invasion.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:17   Link #1893
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Actually, Japanese deverloped their better tanks in the late of WW2.

Japan didn't develope tank at beginning of war because most of their enemy are Chinese, who is weak in armoured unit too. While against UK, US on the Pacific sea and jungle is not good for tanks. Near the end of war, Japan begin develope better, heavier tanks (mostly based on German tanks), but too late for them
It still wouldn't matter because better Allied hardware such as IS-3s, T29s, T-54s and M26s et al were far closer to mass production (if not so already) and would still outclass any of those Japanese vehicles, on top of the sucky Japanese tank doctrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And, IIRC, the few they did manage to develop they kept in reserve on the main islands, anticipating a full US invasion.
The Soviets were also planning an amphibious assault on Hokkaido in conjunction with Operation Downfall, so the Japanese armour will be chewed up in one way or another.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:26   Link #1894
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And that would only further depend on how many would even survive a gigantic naval and aerial bombardment that would come before, and last for a long time. x_x
Old 2012-11-30, 22:49   Link #1895
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

For those who wants to build a scale model of the tanks that appear in the show:

http://www.hlj.com/girls-und-panzer
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 22:49   Link #1896
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And that would only further depend on how many would even survive a gigantic naval and aerial bombardment that would come before, and last for a long time. x_x
It's what happened when a nation forgot that surrender is an option. When you know you can no longer win, one needs to surrender/ask for truce as soon as they can so they can have more to bargain for. To keep fighting and to get crushed just means you get worse terms in an unconditional surrender.

Everyone knows what to do when one is winning; but few had a plan for what to do when one is losing. Early surrender is always better than crushing defeat.
Old 2012-11-30, 22:52   Link #1897
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for *o*:

Old 2012-11-30, 23:40   Link #1898
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
For those who wants to build a scale model of the tanks that appear in the show:

http://www.hlj.com/girls-und-panzer
And just to clarify before people start asking questions. The official Girls und Panzer tank kits from Platz and Fine Molds are only the scale plastic tank kits with new decals to decorate them as they appear in the anime. They don't include any figures. And you still need to glue/assemble and paint them.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 23:41   Link #1899
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

It's too bad. I would've loved to have them on my shelf with little upper bodies and heads poking out of the hatches and such, lol.
Old 2012-11-30, 23:56   Link #1900
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm more interested in the Miho Nendoroid.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks