AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-28, 10:21   Link #21
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, Doflamingo not only killed his father, but also his brother...not -too- surprised about it.
Old 2014-05-28, 14:28   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
BOOM! PARAMECIA BABY!

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, why don't ya.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I agree. Not only are team up fights not seen often in this series and thus a nice change of pace, but I also found Pica pulling out a sword to be really random. Seems like he should have tried to like reshape the stones that made up his arm to attack Luffy and the others. Heck, his best advantage is that his powers kinda allowing him to keep his distance when fighting; allow him to attack while others do not know where to strike back

Honestly, I actually wouldn't mind Pica being a swordsman so much if he at least had a ROCK sword as a weapon. At least THAT would still be in tune with his powers. I doubt a rock sword would even be a disadvantage compared to normal swords either since he can always regenerate it or change its shape in case Zoro slices it apart, or even reinforce it with CoA haki to make it as strong as steel. THAT alone would have been a great opportunity for Oda to show off more of Pica's mastery over his DF ability......
Old 2014-05-28, 19:27   Link #23
Rainbowman

So Pica's powers were paramecia because his real body was concealed inside that colossus? Somehow makes sense.
Old 2014-05-28, 22:50   Link #24
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So Pica's powers were paramecia because his real body was concealed inside that colossus? Somehow makes sense.
When did you see the last Logia that depended on an external source for his/her element?
Old 2014-05-29, 01:01   Link #25
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

it would be awesome if the true 'enemy' of this arc is actually Law O___o
Old 2014-05-29, 01:50   Link #26
rladls2121

As Law states, Corazon is Donflamingo's comrade and his "real brother".
Luffy lost his step brother, Ace two years ago.
So it might be a shock to him that Donflamingo killed his own brother, Luffy would not care whether Donflamingo and Corazon is step or blood-related though.
Old 2014-05-29, 07:57   Link #27
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
it would be awesome if the true 'enemy' of this arc is actually Law O___o
What would make that awesome?
Old 2014-05-29, 12:00   Link #28
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
What would make that awesome?
same thing that makes the soul society arc in bleach awesome
Old 2014-05-29, 13:28   Link #29
J4n1

Zoro was, as usual, awesome.
For some reason i have this picture in my head of Luffy and Law arguing about who gets to take down Doflamingo, eventually striking a deal where Law gets first dibs/attempt to take out Doflamingo, and Luffy gets to first dibs/attemp on Kaido (all the while other non strawhats are gawking their jaws on the floor and thinking *these guys are insane*)

Quote:
I hated that arc (and stopped reading Bleach soon after).
Old 2014-05-29, 13:33   Link #30
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Law=Aizen? lol
Old 2014-05-29, 15:10   Link #31
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so it looks like everything is setting up to be luffy vs dofla... this means luffy is on par power wise with dofla
Old 2014-06-01, 12:26   Link #32
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 749
Not a bad chapter. Daflamingo's is just one surprise after another. I cant wait to see how the mother died. I wonder if law is working for corzine? That would be interesting if he was the new shibukai. None the less Luffy should be careful because law could be corzine's executive. I personally dont trust anyone assossiated or part of the dominque family. If law is really corzines executive then we may get to see corzine show up for the finnishing blow on his dear younger brother. Has for zoro i dont think pica will be a challenge for him. Also if pica uses his devil fruit, it will only be good for escaping and dodging attacks. For anyone who has mantra pica wont beable to hide using his devil fruit. For most devil fruit user their devil fruit will have little affect on top players. Has zoro gets stronger most will have to depend on their fighting skills not devil fruit. Silver rayalgh vs admiral kizaru was a good example. I am kinda surprised that zoro was using his brain. Sometimes i feel like all he did before the two year time was fight recklessly. Mihawk has really done wonders for zoro. I am curious to see if Zoro will get scratched at all. Mihawk was untouched during the marineford war so let hope some of it rubbed off on zoro.
Devil Fruit
If zoro has to get a devil fruit i think marco's fruit would really enhance his fighting skills. The ability to regenerate and take alot of damage would complimente zoro really well. Then sanj can get the logia like kizaru's fruit. The pika pika no mi would be perfect for sanji. This would work very nicely and this would prepare them for the coming war. Also they would officialy have one paramcia(luffy), one logia(sanj), and zoan(zoro).

Last edited by grey_1960; 2014-06-01 at 15:42.
Old 2014-06-01, 15:40   Link #33
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 749
Not a bad chapter. Daflamingo's is just one surprise after another. I cant wait to see how the mother died. I wonder if law is working for corzine? That would be interesting if he was the new shibukai. None the less Luffy should be careful because law could be corzine's executive. I personally dont trust anyone assossiated or part of the dominque family. If law is really corzines executive then we may get to see corzine show up for the finnishing blow on his dear younger brother. Has for zoro i dont think pica will be a challenge for him. Also if pica uses his devil fruit, it will only be good for escaping and dodging attacks. For anyone who has mantra pica wont beable to hide using his devil fruit. For most devil fruit user their devil fruit will have little affect on top players. Has zoro gets stronger most will have to depend on their fighting skills not devil fruit. Silver rayalgh vs admiral kizaru was a good example. I am kinda surprised that zoro was using his brain. Sometimes i feel like all he did before the two year time was fight recklessly. Mihawk has really done wonders for zoro. I am curious to see if Zoro will get scratched at all. Mihawk was untouched during the marineford war so let hope some of it rubbed off on zoro.
Devil Fruit
If zoro has to get a devil fruit i think marco's fruit would really enhance his fighting skills. The ability to regenerate and take alot of damage would complimente zoro really well. Then sanj can get the logia like kizaru's fruit. The pika pika no would be perfect for sanji. This would work very nicely and this would prepare them for the coming war. Also they would officialy have one paramcia(luffy), one logia(sanj), and zoan(zoro).
Wasn't it said that corzine was killed by Doflamingo?
Old 2014-06-01, 16:16   Link #34
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Yes it was. But would you trust law on everything he says? Look at Daflamingo he slipped vergo into the marines, law was a shibukai, and daflamingo fabricated his acension into a thrown at dressrosa. Robin said be careful when forming alliance because betrayel is common. Try to keep an open mind and remember this is a pirate alliance. Law is a pirate and he has his own agenda. Corzion (the older brother) might not be dead. Old saying goes "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see". Right now you are only hearing one side of the story. I won't be surprised if Corzion planted Law in Daflamingo's crew. There are alot of stories in one piece (gold rogers death, one piece, black beard, shanks, skypia, void century, etc) that arent clear. Everyone has their version of the story. Some are wrong, others are right, some only have pieceses of the truth. Its being able to tell truth from lies is important. Law may seem like a good guy but don't under etimate him. He may be using luffy's past with his brother to control him.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2014-06-01 at 16:28.
Old 2014-06-02, 17:49   Link #35
marvelB

Well, there may not be any new chapters for these next couple of weeks due to Oda's surgery, it's not like the man is gonna leave us fans hanging in the dust, nosiree! Why, the latest SBS even has some interesting stuff for us to mull over during the break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
I wonder if law is working for corzine? That would be interesting if he was the new shibukai. None the less Luffy should be careful because law could be corzine's executive. I personally dont trust anyone assossiated or part of the dominque family. If law is really corzines executive then we may get to see corzine show up for the finnishing blow on his dear younger brother.

I don't really see any reason for Law to lie to Luffy at this stage, ESPECIALLY considering how vulnerable he is right now (dude's still wrapped up in sea stone chains, remember). Plus, it's not like we've even seen any flashback about Law's history with Corazon yet, so it's still too soon to judge whether or not he faked his death. Though I kinda have my doubts about that, considering Oda is less lenient in flashbacks than he is in the main timeline (with Sabo really being the only exception).....
Old 2014-06-03, 01:54   Link #36
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't really see any reason for Law to lie to Luffy at this stage, ESPECIALLY considering how vulnerable he is right now (dude's still wrapped up in sea stone chains, remember). Plus, it's not like we've even seen any flashback about Law's history with Corazon yet, so it's still too soon to judge whether or not he faked his death. Though I kinda have my doubts about that, considering Oda is less lenient in flashbacks than he is in the main timeline (with Sabo really being the only exception).....
Evidence
There nothing that say he is dead either. Law just betrayed the WG and daflamingo. And were suppose to believe that. Right now i think law is lying about corzion. Finally law is a chess player. His mind is has all ways been his weapon not his body. I think he is using luffys past with his brother to manipulate things. Robin as already warned luffy about pirate alliancec and how their can be betrayels. So can we assume Oda is forshadowing a possible backstab? The next question is if Oda is not lient on flashbacks then what is law leaving out? This is his version of the story. Law is a pirate and when he get what he wants out of this alliance i think it will be bad news for the straw hats. Who know he might even come out on top in this arch. Luffy's only true alley is Sabo right now. But who know luffy might be more cunning then most people give him credit for. "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer" Maybe he is playing law.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2014-06-03 at 05:22.
Old 2014-06-03, 14:04   Link #37
rladls2121

I'll believe what Law says until it is reveal to be all lies.

I think Law might understand how painful Luffy was to lose his step brother Ace Two years ago.
Law already lost his brother figure, Corazon way before that.
And to think Doflamingo killed him, even though Corazon is his real brother.
Old 2014-06-04, 10:38   Link #38
Trax
Rock beats scissors

So will there be a flashback for this? Really interested in finding out more about this, seeing what Corazon was like, his connection with Law, and why Dofla killed him.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:15   Link #39
rladls2121

Late reply, but it is natural that Law is going to tell his past to Luffy, since he is now going to confess his true feelings.
Old 2014-06-18, 00:50   Link #40
marvelB

^Indeed, after what felt like a long fortnight, the series is back on track!
Closed Thread