AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-31, 16:34   Link #101
Freakman

Hmmm.
No really.
I'm kind of wondering why I bothered going through 24 episodes of this in the first place ?
This anime managed to like get in every cliche from every single anime Japan has ever produced.
The closest thing you could use to describe it would be a
Spoiler for beware, semi ending spoilers:

This anime is like the incarnation of why I tend to be picky with my anime.
It's just same old, same old.
The same old tearjerking tricks, the same old scenes, the same old dialogues, and whatever you could think of.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 16:39   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Hmmm.
No really.
I'm kind of wondering why I bothered going through 24 episodes of this in the first place ?
This anime managed to like get in every cliche from every single anime Japan has ever produced.
The closest thing you could use to describe it would be a
Spoiler for beware, semi ending spoilers:
Yep. That's exactly what I thought for the climax.
Spoiler:

At least the epilogue did not pull out the
Spoiler:

BTW, the last R2 DVD is going to include not one but two unaired and release-straight-for-DVD TV episodes 25 and 26, according to MOON PHASE.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:45   Link #103
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 22.
Spoiler:

Episode 23. Final Message.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2006-04-01 at 14:42.
Old 2006-04-14, 21:43   Link #104
porchoky

cliche, huh? I obviously haven't watched enough anime to consider it cliche, although
Spoiler:
but from my point of view, it wasn't too bad. I thought it was a pretty interesting show, overall.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 21:45   Link #105
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
what is the name of the song in eps 24?

decent series imo.., not a bad ending
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 19:16   Link #106
DwArD
mAnIaC

I just finished watching the last ep. The ending is pretty touching. Hold on...did I say pretty touching? Hell no, its damn touching in my opinion. Seeing how everyone still believe that Solty's still 'alive' out there after so many years, seeing Solty still clinging on to her very existance even if she's seriously damaged....

Btw, I've been thinking about this for the past 1 hour....in the end, Solty's still 'alive' right? Since they've already managed to transport human out into space (breaking pass the auroro shell), they should have the technology to sort of repair Solty right? And assuming that they didn't destory Eumonia (did I spell that correctly?), they should be able to make use of it to repair Solty right? Furthermore, Solty seemed to regain conciousness in the end and so doesn't that mean her 'core' is still functional? In addition, from what I see, part of Solty's skin was gone. She doesn't seemed to suffer from severe damage. So its still possible for them to repair Solty back on the planet right? This has been bugging me and I'm trying to look for reassurance and all. I just hate sad endings.
Old 2006-05-23, 20:10   Link #107
sazan fan

Episode 24 is not the 'last' episode. Episodes 25 and 26 will be released on DVD (according to amazon.co.jp on 2006/07/26). Hopefully that will answer some of your questions. Then again, the description on the official japanese website did not mention anything regarding the appearence of Solty herself for these extra eposides... Let's just hope babelfish is wrong with the translation...
sazan fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 02:49   Link #108
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan
Episode 24 is not the 'last' episode. Episodes 25 and 26 will be released on DVD (according to amazon.co.jp on 2006/07/26). Hopefully that will answer some of your questions. Then again, the description on the official japanese website did not mention anything regarding the appearence of Solty herself for these extra eposides... Let's just hope babelfish is wrong with the translation...
Hmm...thanks for the reply. Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful we'll get to see Solty again. Or at least some hints about her. No matter how many times I watch ep 24, I still think Solty is not beyond repair. With their technology, repairing her broken limbs shouldn't be difficult. And since she's sort of able to recognise and talk to Roy, she should be alright after a major repair. I'll go berserk if they said Solty 'died' or something in those extra eps. Oh yeah, and I hope its not a recap episode either.

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-05-24 at 04:45.
DwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 12:52   Link #109
sazan fan

Quote:
I'll go berserk if they said Solty 'died' or something in those extra eps.
You, myself and probably a whole lot of other people.

Quote:
I hope its not a recap episode either.
It's doubtful... 2 repcap episodes for a 24 episode series? It's unlikely. Gundam Seed only had 2 recap episodes through out the entire series with 3 additional recap 'movies'. And that's for a 50 episode serie. So for them to recap Solty... It wouldn't be a very smart move for Gonzo.
sazan fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 20:29   Link #110
pianocello

I believe the 2 OAV episodes were just released. Does anyone know what the storyline is about? Any screenshots?
pianocello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 14:54   Link #111
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Solty Rei - Extra Episode (Are you happy now?)

The extra episode of Solty Rei has just been released, and pretty much to say, it's NOT a continuation of Episode 24:

Spoiler for Extra Episode:

I'll provide a summary later on after I re-watch the episode.

Last edited by JShaggy; 2006-07-28 at 15:06.
JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 17:43   Link #112
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Too bad, but still I have to see this one hour episode. Solty Rei is one of Gonzo's best anime series they have made so far.
Spoiler:
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 21:17   Link #113
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Too bad, but still I have to see this one hour episode. Solty Rei is one of Gonzo's best anime series they have made so far.
Spoiler:
Perhaps you misunderstood me when I said Extra Episode.
Spoiler:

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 01:05   Link #114
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm really glad to return to Solty Rei after several months since watching the final episode. Due to laziness I couldn't write my final discussion at the thread, but I now have the chance to do so along with the extra episode.

Episode 24, From now on.....
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-29, 01:29   Link #115
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I apologize for my double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy
Perhaps you misunderstood me when I said Extra Episode.
Spoiler:
JShaggy's right. The extra episode is not an epilogue that further expands on what happened after the end of episode 24; I too have seen it.

Solty herself tells to the viewer that the following story happening on the extra episode occur a little later after Rose moved to Roy's home.

And before someone else beats me to it, I'm providing ONLY the main idea of what story unfolds there.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-29, 03:26   Link #116
pianocello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
JShaggy's right. The extra episode is not an epilogue that further expands on what happened after the end of episode 24; I too have seen it.

Solty herself tells to the viewer that the following story happening on the extra episode occur a little later after Rose moved to Roy's home.

And before someone else beats me to it, I'm providing ONLY the main idea of what story unfolds there.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
pianocello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 03:31   Link #117
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep. 24:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 22:37   Link #118
kamikazex

another good series
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 18:53   Link #119
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just an FYI,

According to the Trintiy Blood 4 Disc Previews, it looks like Funi has dropped the Origins name and renamed this anmie Solty Rei. The preview itself is called Solty Rei and the picture of the box does not have 'Origins' on it.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 20:50   Link #120
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The whole "Origin" thing was a mix-up in the first place. FUNimation is releasing a totally separate GONZO movie called Origin, and somehow people confused it with Solty Rei.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote