AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-05, 07:04   Link #101
chitgoks

naruto is famous in the philippines. one piece is better too but i think that naruto got more exposure sot hat's why. but nowadays, one piece is consistent with it being good. while naruto got worse with its boring theme and corny and annoying fillers.

even the 2nd half of naruto doesnt match up with one piece.i was a big fan of naruto but even when reading the manga, one piece is waaaaaaay better than naruto
Old 2006-09-05, 10:15   Link #102
vietpimp

Because nobody die in One Piece. Also the drawing is Ugly. Not to mention it is too long.
Old 2006-09-05, 13:06   Link #103
ragweed
woah woah!

Wait, One Piece is less popular than Bleach? When did this happen?
Old 2006-09-08, 08:27   Link #104
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
A chicken? An egg? Or was it the other way around?
in quantum physics... both.

/offtopic

Quote:
Because nobody die in One Piece.
nobody dies in OP? are you retarded? just because they dont go and show tons blood and gibs doesnt mean there arent any deaths... they only emphasize on the deaths that matter
Spoiler:

before we start comparing series (bit late but w/e), realise that the shows u watched during your childhood will NEVER seem as cool as they were...

watched "Captain N" recently? i have... (which was incidently Matt Hill's first VA job)

As for the whoal "DB is teh uber original", keep in mind that Goku (small monkey person with an extending rod) is from an old japanese book (something like 1000 years old?).
Old 2006-09-08, 09:22   Link #105
vietpimp

First off you don't have to call people retarded .

Second I need characters that is shown. How bout some villains. Only seen them punch each other wow. I stopped after like 50 or so ep btw so I might not know what I'm talking about :P but what turned me off from that anime was the oogly drawing and the crappy Nakama crap or watever it is.
Old 2006-09-08, 09:26   Link #106
vietpimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1

/offtopic

nobody dies in OP? are you retarded? just because they dont go and show tons blood and gibs doesnt mean there arent any deaths... they only emphasize on the deaths that matter
Spoiler:

before we start comparing series (bit late but w/e), realise that the shows u watched during your childhood will NEVER seem as cool as they were...

watched "Captain N" recently? i have... (which was incidently Matt Hill's first VA job)

As for the whoal "DB is teh uber original", keep in mind that Goku (small monkey person with an extending rod) is from an old japanese book (something like 1000 years old?).
Goku wasn't based on a japanese book u moron its based on a chinese story. It was based on the story of "Journey to the West" or some crap like that where the monkey king had to take the monk to get some sultra. So before you start insulting people why don't you stfu and rethink what you are typing.
Old 2006-09-08, 13:02   Link #107
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietpimp
Goku wasn't based on a japanese book u moron its based on a chinese story. It was based on the story of "Journey to the West" or some crap like that where the monkey king had to take the monk to get some sultra. So before you start insulting people why don't you stfu and rethink what you are typing.
1, nice double post
2, i just find it idiotic that ppl (mangakas in this case) have to spell everything out for ppl (like... OMG ALOT OF PPL DIED!)
3, case in point, goku isnt an "original" character. so instead of belittling me for a mix up in what area the book came from, take the point of it instead.
Old 2006-09-08, 14:19   Link #108
tkdtiger

I never really got into one piece. I don't know I thought it wasn't very interesting at first. I also thought it was a bit kiddy and the story was kind of repetitive to me. I also had to get used to the art in One Piece. Ironically even though I didn't like it at first it has grown on me a little.
Old 2006-09-08, 16:55   Link #109
ShikaShika
無罪

I used to prefer Naruto to One Piece, because well... Naruto just seemed a lot more serious, without lacking a sense of humor. One Piece, while being very funny at times, seemed awfully divided in its arcs. What I mean by that is that the arcs were really easy to seperate by who the new nakama (well most of the time) and villain was. This was of course most obvious in the beginning, but the lack of recurring antagonists still get to me. In that department, One Piece really only has Smoker, and it'd be almost hard to call him an antagonist. Naruto on the other hand has (imo) a few great recurring villains lending some more continuity and a more complex plot (though not always great) to the series.

Though I very much enjoyed One Piece all the time, it was the Water 7 arc that completely turned me around. I now count myself among the One Piece fans first, and Naruto second. While I read Bleach and sort of enjoy it, it's beyond me how anyone could prefer it to either of the other two. But that's me.

Well, I wrote more than I had intended, now everyone's probably going to skip my post. I've not really watched the animes of either of these in a very long time, so I'm only commenting on the mangas.
Old 2006-09-08, 17:14   Link #110
Dual247

no, you made your opinion known
Old 2006-09-08, 18:38   Link #111
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1

/offtopic

Spoiler:
Actually none of your examples really died, they were all already dead when history begin, you just find how they died trough flashbacks. There are very few deaths and absolutely none among main or secondary characters.
Old 2006-09-08, 21:10   Link #112
nduns

Believe it or not, the death thing I've noticed. It only seems to happen in flashbacks. In present time you hardly see anyone die.

Also, the drawings are NOT horrible! Just because they think outside the box doesn't mean they're aweful. In fact, they're the most detailed animations I EVER saw. Just because characters don't look like most normal people do doesn't mean that this isn't creative. I mean, how many people could come up with a homosexual who wears a superball and makeup? I don't know very many.
Old 2006-09-09, 04:45   Link #113
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard
Actually none of your examples really died, they were all already dead when history begin, you just find how they died trough flashbacks. There are very few deaths and absolutely none among main or secondary characters.
how about
Spoiler:
? thats ALOT of deaths!
Old 2006-09-09, 09:27   Link #114
UserName

[QUOTE=Rezard]Actually none of your examples really died, they were all already dead when history begin, you just find how they died trough flashbacks. There are very few deaths and absolutely none among main or secondary characters.[/QUOTE
Well since this is being compared to Bleach also. No one excepted hollows (who are already dead) dies in that except in flashbacks and about 5 shinigami killed by Mayuri. Which can be compared to the current deaths in One Piece that probably greater in number, such as possibly Nero, Roshio almost definitely, about 100 on Whiskey Peak, and so on.
Old 2006-09-09, 11:26   Link #115
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Well since this is being compared to Bleach also. No one excepted hollows (who are already dead) dies in that except in flashbacks and about 5 shinigami killed by Mayuri. Which can be compared to the current deaths in One Piece that probably greater in number, such as possibly Nero, Roshio almost definitely, about 100 on Whiskey Peak, and so on.

thats a good point... i guess with the gory fights and style, you dont actually notice the lack of deaths... even tho the universe that it is set in has... well... EVERYTHING to do with death... "i c dead ppl", "im a death god!", etc...

Last edited by S_C_L-1; 2006-09-11 at 04:53.
Old 2006-09-10, 12:25   Link #116
king chopper
Crewmate doctor

i basicly watch one piece inuyasha and naruto and like all 3 and dont really care if they seem than other anime
Old 2006-09-12, 19:46   Link #117
bara_ouji
Gao...

Personally, I just dont like the animation style for OP, thats why I only stuck around for 10 episodes. Manga wise, I stuck around for most of the volumes. I probably would have enjoyed OP more if I hadnt waited for the dub to come out.
Old 2006-09-12, 19:59   Link #118
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
I always over looked One Piece, being heavily into Naruto and Bleach, but i recently got the 1st vol of the Manga and im in love with it!
Old 2006-09-12, 22:50   Link #119
nduns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samourai
I always over looked One Piece, being heavily into Naruto and Bleach, but i recently got the 1st vol of the Manga and im in love with it!
Good for you! If you want a reason to love One Piece through the power of dubbing, reading the manga is your key to salvation! The dubbed manga may not be perfect, but at least it's accurate.
Old 2006-09-13, 05:02   Link #120
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nduns
Good for you! If you want a reason to love One Piece through the power of dubbing, reading the manga is your key to salvation! The dubbed manga may not be perfect, but at least it's accurate.
if it wasnt, there would be a line of ppl with sniper rifles at the local vantage point :P
Closed Thread