AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 22:44   Link #961
molitar

Natsu, must really be an idiot running outside. At least in the house he only has to worry about 2 vampires.. only two vampires have permission to enter.. Kill them two and the house is safe again.. that would of been my priority.. BTW is the house stone or wood? If wood I would of burned the house down! And we know the risen still have some sanity as humans when they first rise.. If I rose as undead.. I would make it my priority to kill them.. survive on animal blood and murder them all before destroying myself.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 00:21   Link #962
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Natsu, must really be an idiot running outside. At least in the house he only has to worry about 2 vampires.. only two vampires have permission to enter.. Kill them two and the house is safe again.. that would of been my priority.. BTW is the house stone or wood? If wood I would of burned the house down! And we know the risen still have some sanity as humans when they first rise.. If I rose as undead.. I would make it my priority to kill them.. survive on animal blood and murder them all before destroying myself.
I thought that anime said that once you invite "one" vampire inside, you are basically saying that your house is an opening center for "all" vampires... Like with Tohru being bitten by Megumi. Who he dint invite her to his house.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-09-19 at 01:27.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 01:24   Link #963
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I thought that anime said that once you invite "one" vampire inside, you are basically saying that your house is an opening center for "all" vampires... Like with Toshio being bitten by Megumi. Who he dint invite her to his house.
Tohru* not toshio :P

Also, Tatsumi gave her the foot in, saying "can I bring my friend too"
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 07:16   Link #964
zette

I was wondering why Ritsuko's voice sounded so familiar in this episode... turns out her VA is the one who voiced Takahashi Nanami in Bokura ga Ita. Can't believe it took me 11 episodes to notice that.

That was a really close call for Seishin. I really thought he was done for. Just when I thought the truth behind the Kirishikis was close to being revealed, they add yet another mystery to it by revealing that Seishirou has a pulse, which is an interesting development to say the least.

The preview was fucked up but that just heightens my anticipation for the next episode. But 3 weeks. I take it though that we're getting the new OP/ED next episode? I don't know if it was ever confirmed when they'll start using it but it makes sense for them to use the first OP/ED for the first half of the show and the second ones for the second half. I hate to see the current ED go as I love it to bits, but I suppose a change is always welcome.

Also, this thread needs more Sunako:
Spoiler for space:
Old 2010-09-19, 09:55   Link #965
LKK

I'm confused because I've seen conflicting information. Does the 3 week break start this coming Thursday (Sept 23)? Or do we have 1 more episode on the 23rd and then the 3 week break starts?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 10:14   Link #966
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm confused because I've seen conflicting information. Does the 3 week break start this coming Thursday (Sept 23)? Or do we have 1 more episode on the 23rd and then the 3 week break starts?
I believe it is the former. The official site seems to say that there won't be any episodes on Sept 23, Sept 30, and Oct 7 -- three weeks.
Old 2010-09-19, 10:14   Link #967
Katapan
俺様祭り

It does start next Thursday - we won't be seeing more Shiki until Oct. 14th, which is when episode 12 airs.
Old 2010-09-19, 10:39   Link #968
LKK

@ zette, @ Katapan: Thanks, guys!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 10:40   Link #969
Dop
Mmmm....

What? They leave us with THAT trailer and then we have to wait weeks and weeks for the next episode?!? Aaargh!

I wonder if 'geriatric Buffy' will come back as one of the Risen?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 11:09   Link #970
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@zette Im not taking any since Im very happy with my current icon but that last one of Sunako spinning is just fabulous.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 11:46   Link #971
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
That was a really close call for Seishin. I really thought he was done for.
Well, if you believe the OP-skeleton theory (which as of now, I see no reason not to) it's only a short-lived reprieve.

My feeling is that Sunako is toying with him - enjoying watching him squirm on the hook, savoring what she imagines will be her finest meal before she feasts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 11:54   Link #972
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
What? They leave us with THAT trailer and then we have to wait weeks and weeks for the next episode?!? Aaargh!
They left us with that super juicy and spoilerish trailer precisely because there is a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I wonder if 'geriatric Buffy' will come back as one of the Risen?
I sure hope not. She was very annoying.
Old 2010-09-19, 12:52   Link #973
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, if you believe the OP-skeleton theory (which as of now, I see no reason not to) it's only a short-lived reprieve.

My feeling is that Sunako is toying with him - enjoying watching him squirm on the hook, savoring what she imagines will be her finest meal before she feasts.
Yeah, I do believe that he will get bitten in the end regardless but I just didn't want to see it happen so soon, especially when we're only halfway through the series.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:22   Link #974
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
I was wondering why Ritsuko's voice sounded so familiar in this episode... turns out her VA is the one who voiced Takahashi Nanami in Bokura ga Ita....
That would be SASAKI Nozomi, who has developed a nice little career for herself with that amazing lisp. She has a continuing role in Jewelpet, as the little poodle-ish jewelpet Sapphi. I hope they may do a second season of Bokura ga Ita when the manga finishes: the later developments there are pretty interesting.

I knew it was her in part because I follow her career and had checked the cast list before the show started, lol. She had graduated from college and was working as an office lady and shrine priestess when she attended a workshop held by the director of Bokura ga Ita, Daichi Kitarou, and ended up with an audition and then getting the role of Nanami. She is now 27. Here are some photos:

She has an extremely active blog, posting at least once almost every day. She is very sociable, talking about having meals and walks with people all the time -- particularly with other seiyuus, such as Hirano Aya (right-hand photo, above). She seems like a nice person, gentle and humorous and eager for a good time, but somehow mature, despite her baby face and little-girl voice. Some of her blog's photos and little poems are good.

This is the first time I have seen her in such a serious adult role as the nurse. By the way, I did a characters/seiyuus page for this show when it started, so you could have found out there.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-09-19 at 16:33.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 15:58   Link #975
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I was wondering about the skeleton-theory, about how everyone was being turned into skeletons besides the Doctor. Gives you a clear sight who is going to turn into a Vampire just by looking who's been bitten and converted so far. But that is just a theory, but very true so far.
Old 2010-09-19, 17:20   Link #976
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I was wondering about the skeleton-theory, about how everyone was being turned into skeletons besides the Doctor. Gives you a clear sight who is going to turn into a Vampire just by looking who's been bitten and converted so far. But that is just a theory, but very true so far.
I believe Akira also does not turn into a skeleton in the OP.
Old 2010-09-19, 17:47   Link #977
lightbringer
M9000

I don't think Sunako is toying with Seishin - her feelings are somehow genuine. Which is probably why she has held back so far. Apart from Akira and Ozaki, Akira's sister also does not turn into a skeleton in the OP I think. The future of this village looks grim
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 17:52   Link #978
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I don't think Sunako is toying with Seishin - her feelings are somehow genuine. Which is probably why she has held back so far. Apart from Akira and Ozaki, Akira's sister also does not turn into a skeleton in the OP I think. The future of this village looks grim
I seem to remember twintails going on a crash diet in the OP, but I could be wrong.

You might be right about Sunako - I've certainly considered it. She - and her true attitude towards Seishin particularly and the villagers generally - are almost certainly the key to how all this turns out if I'm guessing correctly.
Old 2010-09-19, 18:11   Link #979
lightbringer
M9000

The ones going on a crash diet are only Megumi, Yuuki, Seishin, Ritsuko, Tooru, Tamotsu, Aoi, and Masao. Of those, Megumi, Tooru, and Masao already turned into Shiki, and Yuuki is well on the way I wonder who's going to turn Aoi and Tamotsu, though (assuming the trend from the OP continues, which seems almost certain). It would be just like that sadist Tatsumi to make Tooru do it
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 18:14   Link #980
Milfeulle9001

To be honest, the only thing I like from this series is the OP, everything else is terribly executed.
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire