Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 11:20   Link #1121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What happened to her and what episode started this?

(I just started following this show)
Going by her appearance and how she acted in episode 12, we have come to believe that she's been bitten. We haven't been shown if she has though.
Old 2010-10-16, 12:33   Link #1122
gsilver

It happened during episode 12, since she was fine in earlier scenes of it.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 15:57   Link #1123
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Kaori's father... how can u forget a dead person?
Kaori's father must have forgotten the very first case which was Megumi, simply because there were so many deaths running around, and the job that he has is very stressful and mind-blowing, that its hard to remember.

Quote:
Natsuno's father... how can u not notice your wife's condition?
Remember, Natsuno's father has just recently brought up the talk about a plague running around the village, he is completely oblivious to the conditions that follow it.

Quote:
first time we see were shown the inside of the castle
Its so pretty inside the castle
Old 2010-10-16, 17:14   Link #1124
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Shiki is finally back after a long break

first time we see were shown the inside of the castle
I am glad it's back too.

Karoi's father had too much on his mind to begin with and it's not very unusual to let something that a person must have seen many times slide by just like that. I mean, I am just nineteen and I have already had some of those memory lapses. Given the fact that he is an old geezer and that he was preoccupied with something else, doing the usual greetings exchange routine with a girl from neighborhood without paying it much heed was pretty normal. It'd be a different thing if it was Megumi's own parents though, they would probably be petrified on spot.

Natsuno's father is way too fixated on being "correct" to notice anything. Fucking conceited asshole who is blinded by his love for his pride as an "intelligent" moron. This show is clearly making a point against ultra-modern pseudo-scientific superstition. Scientific reasoning requires people to ask questions and there is no such thing as an absolute truth that shouldn't be questioned but too many people these days refuse to do that. The ironic part is that they do so in the name of Science. Just as bad if not worse than those people that go by religious superstitions. Oh well.

Didn't pay too much attention to the castle. I liked whatever I saw of Sunako though.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 23:30   Link #1125
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

I literally threw my hands in the air and OMG YOURE KIDDING ME!

Quote:
My first thought, oh shit who bit her?? Can we assume Toru bit her as well, or is he bringing in more? Im thinking he's bringing in more. Im more wondering why his dad wasnt bit as well, and dude he needs to be smacked big time.

Im thinking the reason Sunako hasnt bitten Sei yet has to do with that fact her and her mom get blood from others (cuz that aint wine they were drinking She doesnt have to bit people to live, its supplied to her. So she can play with Sei

Man oh man...got some Black Sun Silver Moon vibes from this epi, epsc the conv btwn Toru and Natsuno...

Another hiatus....Im gonna cry.

As for the OP...I didnt hate it, I made sure to keep an open mind. Buck-tick's fit perfectly tho but this one will definitely grow on me.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 01:14   Link #1126
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
My first thought, oh shit who bit her?? Can we assume Toru bit her as well, or is he bringing in more? Im thinking he's bringing in more. Im more wondering why his dad wasnt bit as well, and dude he needs to be smacked big time.
Well... Natsuno's house is a house invited to all vampires (I think that was the case when the little girl passed by wanting to see Natsuno) so a vampire could easily stroll in an bite her.

Quote:
Im thinking the reason Sunako hasnt bitten Sei yet has to do with that fact her and her mom get blood from others (cuz that aint wine they were drinking She doesnt have to bit people to live, its supplied to her. So she can play with Sei
That also brings up the conversation between Natsuno and Toru, where Natsuno was wondering why they simply cant take blood given by donors.
Old 2010-10-17, 06:01   Link #1127
stadtkind

In the preview, Natsuno's father looks like he may have been bitten as well, or perhaps he's had too many sleepless nights. The douchebaggery would be explained if he's indeed been bitten during episode 12, because he's all concerned about an epidemic at first and then when Natsuno is slowly dying in his bed he's not doing anything at all, not to mention not noticing his wife is the same.

I thought the Natsuno-Toru confrontation was heart breaking. Seems to me that Natsuno was in love with Toru and he finds it hard to try and kill him, when he looks and behaves exactly like the person he knew. That's why he's asking him to be more like a vampire. Also towards the end of the episode when he asks his father to open the window, it seems he's finally surrendered to the hypnosis imposed on him by the bite and is eagerly waiting for Toru to come.

Toru also, despite saying that sooner or later vampires think nothing of killing people, is still trying to resist biting his friend. The whole thing is very cruel and sad, especially considering how Tatsumi arranges who's going to bite who for his own entertainment.
stadtkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 11:29   Link #1128
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn it nobody can't do anything to the risen it makes me mad. I want to imagine breaker them.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 12:36   Link #1129
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

WTF?? Why did Natusno's dad group "possible epidemic" with the other superstitions?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:44   Link #1130
Jarmel

Natsuno's dad is really starting to irk the crap out of me. In fact most of the human characters in general are.

I did like the imagery with Natsuno's dad talking to the blue-haired daywalker. Not exactly subtle but still pretty amusing.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:57   Link #1131
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Natsuno's dad is really starting to irk the crap out of me.
Its funny how this series is flipping the general attitude of good and bad. Obviously at first glance the vampire or shiki's would be the bad guys since they are the ones committing the crimes, yet Tatsumi is pretty well liked in this thread as is Sunako. The humans however like Natsuno's dad are the ones that are starting to look "bad" since he's not taking a proper stand for his son and his general attitude to the kids. The Doc got railed against in the beginning of the series But in small defense to Natsuno's dad, would you really believe any of this? Espc after hearing the Doc say, Mr K was human. Toshio didnt even start to believe it til his talk with Natsuno and finally he was able to witness it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:58   Link #1132
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Natsuno's dad is really starting to irk the crap out of me. In fact most of the human characters in general are.
I sorta agree.. They wouldn't be that helpless if they were atleast smarter then how they are now...

Quote:
I did like the imagery with Natsuno's dad talking to the blue-haired daywalker. Not exactly subtle but still pretty amusing.
Natsuno's father should have at least suspected something strange from the chat that randomly started..
Old 2010-10-17, 20:06   Link #1133
Fishfood1

i'm kinda wondering what would happen if it ends up that the shiki wins and everyone dies in the end. are they suppose to move on to another village?

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 20:20   Link #1134
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I think that if the Skiki win and everyone human is killed/converted, then they could spread out as far as they please since they would always have a friendly home base to come back to if things go bad along the line.

Yeah, Natsuno's father is being way too sceptical of things, he could have at least let the kids' stay over for one night. He grouped possible epidemic with the other superstitions because it seemed just as far fetched for a brand-new unidentified disease to randomly appear in this out of the way viliage as it did for the dead to crawl back out of their graves.

And in that episode either Sunako's parents are really irresponsible or they now produce Kirishiki's "Bottled blood for vampires" vintage edition. because her glass was definitly topped of from a bottle or am i just seeing things.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 20:31   Link #1135
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Yeah, Natsuno's father is being way too skeptical of things, he could have at least let the kids' stay over for one night. He grouped possible epidemic with the other superstitions because it seemed just as far fetched for a brand-new unidentified disease to randomly appear in this out of the way village as it did for the dead to crawl back out of their graves.
That line really bothered me too since it seems like there's a new super-flu every few years (heck, the regular fly virus changes each year) and those seem like they could pop up anywhere. True it would be odd but yeah, there's a big difference between "there may be a new and deadly disease sweeping the town" and "the dead are rising out of their graves and biting people."
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:30   Link #1136
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I think that if the Skiki win and everyone human is killed/converted, then they could spread out as far as they please since they would always have a friendly home base to come back to if things go bad along the line.
If that happens, it'd be interesting to see if they can set up a supply network for blood, because taking too many people from the nearby main road will draw investigators to the area. With so many Shiki susceptible to sunlight, they wouldn't be able to cope with it.

Quote:
And in that episode either Sunako's parents are really irresponsible or they now produce Kirishiki's "Bottled blood for vampires" vintage edition. because her glass was definitly topped of from a bottle or am i just seeing things.
...how old do you think Sunako is, anyway? Given her position (Mr. Kirishiki really is a human, after all), I'd say she was one of the first shiki in this group, if not the first.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 00:51   Link #1137
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

According to wikipedia Sunako is 13 but that's not enough to go on at the moment, so we don't know for sure. Tatsumi did tell Masao that he wouldn't age severel episodes ago so she could theoretically be any age really. We don't even know if those are her feal parents.

And you definitly have a point, once Sotoba is completely converted there will be no-one left to attack so they'll have to move. Of course this is assumin the people who moved away didn't start the chain again in another town.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 02:24   Link #1138
Yuno
Balanced Diet

It is also established that Sunako hates to be refered to as a child upon first meeting Seishin. When she is codled by Seishin she is never pleased. She also can socialize like an adult. Her wisdom is also greater than that of someone her age. She also seems to move about and behave freely from the rest of the vampires. Where in contrast Tatsumi seems to control what the vampires are doing and how they are moving. Sunako can act on her own, get close to the enemy and even chat with them. While we see Megumi and others being scolded for going against his plans. Her manner of speech is also in an older more polite dialect than the others.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 03:11   Link #1139
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
And you definitly have a point, once Sotoba is completely converted there will be no-one left to attack so they'll have to move. Of course this is assumin the people who moved away didn't start the chain again in another town.
Hm...but if they kill the whole village, even though most people don't rise, they'll have way too many shiki to try and move somewhere else. (Ah, unless you're right about the people who moved having moved elsewhere already. I was under the impression that those people just died, and the shiki just didn't want any death records left.) If Natsuno's right in that Tatsumi and co. intend to make the village a shiki village (at least I think that's what he was implying), then the question is why they want to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
Her manner of speech is also in an older more polite dialect than the others.
Hm? She seems to be using the inflections of a pretty typical well-off young lady. It's out of place for a village like Sotoba, but not for the standing which the Kirishiki family is supposed to be, given how grand their castle is...

Speaking of dialects though, on one of the early radio shows, a viewer wrote in to comment on the lack of a dialect amongst the villagers (other than generational differences, there really isn't much), even though Sotoba is apparently based on a village in a Shikoku prefecture, IIRC.

Also, why is a daywalker like Tatsumi working as a servant to the Kirishikis? He's obviously the most powerful one in the Kanemasa group...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 03:56   Link #1140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
...how old do you think Sunako is, anyway? Given her position (Mr. Kirishiki really is a human, after all), I'd say she was one of the first shiki in this group, if not the first.
Sunako gives of an aura, especially with her dialogue that she's one who's been around for a very long time. During this weeks episode, she spoke of the troubles of being a vampire, like she's experienced them many times over.

Seishirou must be a pure blood. It's the only way it would explain how he can walk around in the sun (we don't know if Tatsumi is a vampire yet, so we shall leave that topic for now. Chizuru (Sunako's Mother) and Sunako were possibly turned, resulting in no sun for them. That's the most decent conclusion i can come up with at the moment. Either way, i'd love some backstory on them. Could anyone tell me who's read the novel if we get any?

Can't express enough how much i love the Toru and Natsuno scene in this weeks episode. The music placement is just so spot on, along with the Kirishiki's dialogue added in, easily making it my favorite scene of the series so far.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire