AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-29, 18:14   Link #121
misa-misa-chan
Higurashi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
I dont think she is a weak heroine.

But i get annoyed by her in some situations.

I like yuuki when its homework related stuff holding back students when night class is around and stuff the basic school thing.

But when it becomes ZERO no zero this zero that i get freaking annoyed its like everything zero does needs to be controlled by her and approved its annoying.

Almost the entire ep is like

zero: im gonna take a pisss
yuki: no ill piss for you

zero: im gonna go to the city
yuki: yournot allowed to go alone i got with you

zero: im gonna kill shizuka
yuki: no

zero: im gonna kill her then suck her blood
yuki: no let her suck my blood so i can go E level then she will save you so then i need to be saved again or im doomed.

after the 100 times yuki needs to disagree with zero some good though it gets so repetitive. Every ep ther elike 3 things she disagrees with zero and stuff that need to be solved only to see in the next episode she has some other issues.

My personal opinion is that she is TOO much of an control freak in that she wants to decide what is good for zero. I hope that the feelings she has for zero will change from brother sister complex to boy/girlfriend and that she can for once accept what zero decides.
I completely agree with you!
I know that being a girl i'm supposed to dislike girl character leads.. but... i dont usually base my dislike on stupid reasons. if i dislike a character they're prolly too annoying. Yuki fits.
Spoiler:

This series reminds me a lot of Zombie Loan - if anyone saw it, but the main lead character (girl) there doesnt annoy me at all -.-; however... those shows are REALLY similar... but Yuki is just so annoying sometimes... why cant she be more like that one.. whats her name >.< from Z-L T_T if she was a bit more mature and gave zero some more freedom i think i'd like her.. but i dont as of yet
Old 2008-06-29, 18:46   Link #122
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by misa-misa-chan View Post
why cant she be more like that one.. whats her name >.< from Z-L T_T if she was a bit more mature and gave zero some more freedom i think i'd like her.. but i dont as of yet
I believe youre talking about Michiru if youre mentioning Z-L. Remember though Michiru was a bit annoying when Z-L began, atleast I found her annoying. She was kinda the reluctant heroine, where as Yuuki is the definite heroine of VK, not that I still dont find Yuuki annoying though but based on recent manga developments lets hope that all changes.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-10-31, 06:00   Link #123
xoxobleach

i dont like her. she doesnt really have clear thoughts but then again who would if their past is erased...

as much as sympathize with her, i am still quite annoyed with her character...

what is zero to her? she doesnt know? zzzz.
Old 2008-11-03, 13:58   Link #124
fainessae
7 years bad luck

I can easily see why many might consider Yuuki annoying. Especially when she is surrounded by two very interesting male counterparts.

Yuuki's one of my two favorite characters in Vampire Knight. I really think the story accurately captures a young girl, lost without her past, who is torn between loyalties to two very attractive young men. Yuuki is very complex, and there's a lot of depth to her character. Her fears, her attempts to push away those fears, her strong sense of justice, her wavering when that justice is compromised by other feelings, all of these combine into what I think is one very unique heroine.

I do think her indecisiveness is understandable, although I have been frustrated with it myself many a time, because she is so unsure of who she is and where she stands in the world. It's very reflective of how she feels internally, and quite suitable for the nature of the story.
Old 2008-11-03, 19:16   Link #125
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Hence the main difference between Shoujo and Shonen manga. In shonen we have imperfect males and near goddess for women. Or if women do have any flaws they are quirky and cute. In Shoujo we have an imperfect girl but near godly males. If they do have flaws, again quirky and likeable.
Old 2009-04-05, 09:16   Link #126
KimmyChan

I used to find Yuuki a bit of a wet blanket and a loser earlier on in the series

But gradually over time I have grown to actually quie like her as a strong VK female lead
Old 2009-05-07, 19:39   Link #127
Seitsuki
Onee!

wet blanket? she's NOTHING like nemu from what i've seen :P
tho i stopped at ep 9 so can't really talk on happens later
Old 2009-05-10, 03:31   Link #128
KimmyChan

Lol, I USED to hun, past tense, now I actually don't think she's all that bad
Old 2009-07-28, 21:09   Link #129
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

If I were Yuki, I would NEVER ever offer my blood to vampires. Reason? I have limited amount of blood in my body
Old 2009-10-17, 01:40   Link #130
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Well, the problem with Yuki is that she is a bit slow. We never see her face real school issues with homework or anything, just some classes, and being a security guard to the night class. Also, certain times, we as audience know what's happening, then we see Yuki wonder about those things, or having flashbacks, which just slows the pace down.

Also, Yuki just feels out of place. Now Ruka, she kicks ass. If only Yuki were a bit more serious, or intelligent.
Old 2009-12-15, 17:24   Link #131
Audit01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Zero should end his misery and put a bullet in his own head and end the drama.
Haha that was mean...

Anyway i like Yuuki. I always find the innocent kind of females with cute characteristics as attractive

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^
Old 2009-12-16, 22:49   Link #132
hobbitheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainessae View Post
I can easily see why many might consider Yuuki annoying. Especially when she is surrounded by two very interesting male counterparts.

Yuuki's one of my two favorite characters in Vampire Knight. I really think the story accurately captures a young girl, lost without her past, who is torn between loyalties to two very attractive young men. Yuuki is very complex, and there's a lot of depth to her character. Her fears, her attempts to push away those fears, her strong sense of justice, her wavering when that justice is compromised by other feelings, all of these combine into what I think is one very unique heroine.

I do think her indecisiveness is understandable, although I have been frustrated with it myself many a time, because she is so unsure of who she is and where she stands in the world. It's very reflective of how she feels internally, and quite suitable for the nature of the story.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Old 2010-01-30, 22:23   Link #133
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
@fainessae
I agree with you completely but I never actually disliked Yuuki.

"All is lost."
Old 2011-01-23, 18:18   Link #134
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Everybody always talks about Zero and kaname about how hard
they have it. But you know Yuki has lost her parents too. She has also had her life flipped upside down. I feel like she handles things better though.

I kind of feel sorry for her sometimes. She is stuck between
two powerful, dangerous and needy guys. They have both
threatened suicide if she leaves them. She holds them both together. They both have agendas.
People say she is wishy washy but all she has ever wanted was to keep them both alive and to try to make them happy. Is that so bad? She can’t worry about herself because her emo men need her.

I feel like they are both killing her slowly inside. Zero with his hatred for vampires, himself and her included, Kaname with
all his secret plans.
Also they both are stuck in ‘protective’ mode. They don’t tell her anything. And they try to place her on a pedestal like she is their salvation. How tiring. No wonder cheerful Yuki is disappearing.
I’m not saying she is perfect or has it the worst but her
character does deal with a lot of emotional crap. But she is trying to be stronger despite of this. That’s why I like her.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:17   Link #135
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Everybody always talks about Zero and kaname about how hard
they have it. But you know Yuki has lost her parents too. She has also had her life flipped upside down. I feel like she handles things better though.

I kind of feel sorry for her sometimes. She is stuck between
two powerful, dangerous and needy guys. They have both
threatened suicide if she leaves them. She holds them both together. They both have agendas.
People say she is wishy washy but all she has ever wanted was to keep them both alive and to try to make them happy. Is that so bad? She can’t worry about herself because her emo men need her.

I feel like they are both killing her slowly inside. Zero with his hatred for vampires, himself and her included, Kaname with
all his secret plans.
Also they both are stuck in ‘protective’ mode. They don’t tell her anything. And they try to place her on a pedestal like she is their salvation. How tiring. No wonder cheerful Yuki is disappearing.
I’m not saying she is perfect or has it the worst but her
character does deal with a lot of emotional crap. But she is trying to be stronger despite of this. That’s why I like her.
*claps hands* very lovely explanation of what Yuuki has to deal with. I've noticed this development as well when her kindness was slowly decaying away from her.
Closed Thread