AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 21:08   Link #1
no common sense
Resident Asshole

Need help defining a subset of moe personalities

I'm want to either find an existing word or create one for a particular subset of moe personalities. We are all familiar with tsundere and the lesser known yandere and cooldere, but there is another subset that hasn't been as specifically categorized to my knowledge. This subset's defining characteristics include being motivated/ambitious in their work/studies, capable fighters /can look after themselves, above average sense of morality/honor however they are not the "ecchi police" , outwardly tomboyish but inwardly feminine. They are sometimes confused for tsundere as there is a little bit of overlap in the two personalities. Examples include Saber/FateStayNight, Hina/HayateTheCombatButler, Tomoyo/Clannad, and Touka/Utawarerumono. Since these girls carry themselves like knights and seem to radiate their own flavor of Bushido the name I might suggest for them would be bushidere. It pains me that Saber and Hina would be lumped in the same group as their counterparts Rin and Nagi. To see Touka listed as a tsundere next to Eri from School Rumble would an insult to both characters and both personality types. To further illiterate the difference between tsundere and bushidere, a tsundere is at her most moe when she most rapidly switches between tsun tsun and dere dere. For example a tsundere character might be mean (tsun mode) to male lead for most of an episode but then finds male lead sleeping alone so she tries to steal a kiss (sudden switch to dere dere mode) but male lead wakes up just before she gets the chance causing her to hit male lead on the head and walk away while mumbling baka under her breath (right back to tsun mode). The bushidere on the other hand is at her most moe when she most rapidly switches between rational/masculine and feminine. For example Saber is on at date with Shiro and she doesn't know how to act but is instead like "serious business". Then she sees stuffed toy lions and immediately melts into cute girly affection for the lions. When Shiro asks her if she wants one she then shifts back to try to regain her "serious business" composure.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions.
no common sense is offline   Reply With Quote