AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 22:50   Link #361
GDB

It's not that it's not popular in Japan, or that it's more popular in the West. It's that people in Japan want bluray extras nowadays, otherwise they're content with just watching the airing on TV. DBZ did not have anything like that. There was one episode at the end of Kai, but that's one volume out of how many? So, they're just turning the Buu Saga into, essentially, Bluray only in Japan. That makes it an incentive to buy it there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:10   Link #362
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Man Vegeta will turn into an 8 year old raging kid when he sees Goku as Super Saiyan God. I mean, way to feel completely defeated by your rival.

I hope it does not get this level of ridiculous.
imho Goku buried alot of Dragonball hero characters. From his very own son Gohan, to Trunks, the Gotenk's fusion and Vegeta thus the list goes on.
Old 2013-03-04, 18:49   Link #363
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

WTF?! KFC DBZ?!!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/01/21...tion-in-japan/
Old 2013-03-04, 19:11   Link #364
justavisitor

A bit late to the party...just watched the second trailer...how could goku fight in space? Sayian needs oxygen as stated by Frieza if my memory serves me right XD

And glad that they seem to "correct the mistake" regarding to Gohan in super sayian mode. Gohan doesn't need to go to super sayian any more I believe

Lastly, my favorite character in the series is future trunks. When he is stronger than the enemy, he simply wins. (Take that Vegeta and Gohan XD...especially Gohan )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 19:31   Link #365
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't Goku's father fight Frieza in space with a bunch of other Sayians?
Old 2013-03-04, 19:36   Link #366
justavisitor

That's true. But then what was the reason for Frieza to destroy the namek then? Frieza stated that he could survive in space but goku could not (Please don't tell me it was the dub )

Well, I don't know anymore XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2013-03-04, 20:04   Link #367
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't think they corrected Gohan being a super saiyan. The scene where Bills throws Gohan and Buu away from each other is right after he smashes their heads together. That blow probably knocked Gohan out of his super saiyan form.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 20:05   Link #368
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It was both in English and Japanese the fact that Goku can't breath in space. I think we can all agree that Toriyama doesn't really pay much attention to consistency taking for example how Goku managed to wear heavy clothes that suprised a guy who is able to jump like 20 feet.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 20:59   Link #369
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^I can agree there, because how many times did the moon was destroyed in the dragonball series.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:08   Link #370
rickiminato

guys what do you think about the new transformation of goku called *super saiyan god*]?
Old 2013-03-04, 21:09   Link #371
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^I can agree there, because how many times did the moon was destroyed in the dragonball series.
Hmm, lets see, in DB Master Roshi destroyed it. That's one. Was restored after Goku had his tail permanently removed.
In DBZ, Piccolo destroyed it. That's two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Didn't Goku's father fight Frieza in space with a bunch of other Sayians?
I think that Goku's father, Bardock and the others were still in planet Vegeta's atmosphere.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:49   Link #372
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't think they corrected Gohan being a super saiyan. The scene where Bills throws Gohan and Buu away from each other is right after he smashes their heads together. That blow probably knocked Gohan out of his super saiyan form.
But Gohan's hairstyle in the second trailer suggests that he is in his ultimate form. (Believe it or not, but Gohan does look a bit different when he powers up back in dbz..his hair is more straight up and he looks more manly )

Anyway, we all know the focus will be on Goku. Boy, did the author/jump magazine make the right decision by making Goku the main character again in Buu's saga. We all hear the "rumor" that the author wanted Gohan to be the new protagonist and ended the story in Cell's saga but the authorities wouldn't let him. Well, thanks to Goku now they can make money again almost 20 years after the series had ended. I really doubt they can do the same thing with Gohan, but I guess we will never know

Edit:
About the super saiyan god, I think that is just a one-off due to a special scenario. They tend to do that in the movie. (For example, Goku takes energy from the spirit bomb in one movie and he gathers all super sayian's power to finish off Broly in another movie, but they never do that in the series)
Old 2013-03-04, 22:11   Link #373
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Hmm, lets see, in DB Master Roshi destroyed it. That's one. Was restored after Goku had his tail permanently removed.
In DBZ, Piccolo destroyed it. That's two.
If the Earth gets blown wouldn't that affect the moon?
Old 2013-03-04, 22:16   Link #374
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't think they corrected Gohan being a super saiyan.
Looks like they did:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/02/28...attle-of-gods/
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:41   Link #375
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
"The GT staff were careless like that too, but you completely forgot about it, didn’t you?"

Man even Toei understands that GT was the worst thing that they made. However, at least GT never added Ultimate Gohan to have him being owned by one pathetic villain.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:56   Link #376
rickiminato

super saiyan god is confirmed in the movie because is the only way to defeat bills
Old 2013-03-05, 02:02   Link #377
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So Guessing the DragonballZ sword of the dragon movie was just to let us see Gohan in SSJ

This is how careless the GT staff was.

Vegeta - Fuck super saiyan 4! Super Saiyan 2 for life!

and Goku approves

http://cdnimages.uniquemagazines.co.uk/Large/otaku.jpg

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-03-05 at 02:14.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 02:19   Link #378
solomon

When I saw the trailer I thought two things.....

Why is Goku fighting Anubis

and wow I would not have guessed that's Yamadera voicing Bills (didn't recognize him at all).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 07:30   Link #379
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

And in the Hildegan movie Gohan also went Ultimate

I wonder if in the manga Ultimate is permanent since Gohan retained the same appearance when he was inside Buu
Old 2013-03-05, 08:48   Link #380
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, thanks to Goku now they can make money again almost 20 years after the series had ended. I really doubt they can do the same thing with Gohan, but I guess we will never know
They easily could. "Goku" is not DBZ, but merely the iconic character of it. They were afraid to try it without him being the main character, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work, or even be revived, without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So Guessing the DragonballZ sword of the dragon movie was just to let us see Gohan in SSJ
What the hell is Sword of the Dragon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
My keen eye paid off! But yeah, glad to hear confirmation about it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote