Notices

Old 2011-09-03, 05:58   Link #921
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijaku Saiko View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQTLoLlUP0

Finally the full opening ;_;
ooo nice find! full version sounds great ^^

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-09-03 at 06:21.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 09:25   Link #922
Xagzan

I'm starting to think a big problem with Blood-C is actually the reverse of the sentiment I had at the beginning. When I first read up on the series, I thought, "12 episode? Ugh, way too short."

But now, after all this time, I'm starting to think the problem is 12 episodes was actually too much. The show's utter to refusal to do reveal anything behind any curtain, while it just continues to tease at the same mysteries it's been hinting at since near the beginning, tells me it wasn't right for even 12 episodes total. Clearly the show doesn't have enough material to last that long, which would explain all this endless repetition without actually advancing the plot, not to mention the sheer amount of padding each episode gets. I'm guessing that whenever the curtain gets pulled back on this whole mystery, it will be time for the events of the movie. And so they have to drag this out the full 12 episodes; it can't reach the end prematurely. That's my guess anyway.

But just as I thought, seems people love the BGM. Naoki Sato does not disappoint

Although even there, I count only about 6-7 tracks total that have been used for the show. Seems Sato is being limited there in diversity
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 09:31   Link #923
LKK

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the flashback of the scene Saya in handcuffs. If I remember right, this is the first indication we've gotten that the real* Saya is a knowing if not necessarily a willing participant in the experiment.

My current theory is that Saya is willing albeit reluctant participant. Here's my theory**: Saya is an elder bairn, but not just any elder bairn. Rather, she is the elder bairns' Protector / Guardian / Chief Warrior / etc. That is her covenant with them. She has vowed to protect them against the humans. As some time in the past, she was captured by the humans*** who offered her a deal. The humans have an experimental drug that causes the elder bairns to forget their real nature and become less of a threat to humans. Saya is given the choice of participating in the experiment for the future safety of the elder bairns or remaining a prisoner while the elder bairns are exterminated by the humans. Saya accepts and subjects herself to the experiment.

The rest of the elder bairns would rather fight the humans though and are trying to get break through Saya's drug-induced betrayal. Saya's constant delays in engaging the bairns in battle is due to the internal conflict between her natural desire to "protect them all", in reality the bairns, and the drug-induced compulsion to shift that desire to the humans instead.

I'm not sure where the dog fits into all this. Right now, I lean towards the idea that Bairn Saya herself is the wish-maker and the wish was for an end to the war between the bairns and the humans. The dog**** wants her to remember this and perhaps find a better solution to the situation than the humans' drug.

*To me, the real Saya is the fighter, not the singer of inane songs.

**Theory subject to change as more information is revealed.

***The humans are most likely government officials in some capacity and include Papa, Cafe-guy, and the teacher.

****I still hope the dog isn't revealed to be Watanuki.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 10:25   Link #924
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'm starting to think a big problem with Blood-C is actually the reverse of the sentiment I had at the beginning. When I first read up on the series, I thought, "12 episode? Ugh, way too short."

But now, after all this time, I'm starting to think the problem is 12 episodes was actually too much.
Same here, normally such a short episode count is terrible for a series (a lot of the recent noitaminA series have had pacing problems) but I think that they could have easily cut out episodes two and three and restructured the pacing in a lot of the other episodes.

@LKK: What threw me about that scene is that Saya is already in her school uniform when she's handcuffed, if she's not human then why would she be at the school? (I am remembering that Saya in Blood:TVL was wearing a uniform but she was infiltrating a school so it made sense)
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 10:45   Link #925
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
@LKK: What threw me about that scene is that Saya is already in her school uniform when she's handcuffed, if she's not human then why would she be at the school? (I am remembering that Saya in Blood:TVL was wearing a uniform but she was infiltrating a school so it made sense)
Two possible reasons come quickly to mind.

One is that the scene takes place towards the end of Saya's imprisonment. She's been dressed in the uniform as preparation to her drugging and release.

Two is similar to what you mentioned from Blood:TLV (which I haven't seen). She had infiltrated the school as part of her war on humans and was captured by the humans while at the school.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 13:38   Link #926
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

But now, after all this time, I'm starting to think the problem is 12 episodes was actually too much. The show's utter to refusal to do reveal anything behind any curtain, while it just continues to tease at the same mysteries it's been hinting at since near the beginning, tells me it wasn't right for even 12 episodes total. Clearly the show doesn't have enough material to last that long, which would explain all this endless repetition without actually advancing the plot, not to mention the sheer amount of padding each episode gets. I'm guessing that whenever the curtain gets pulled back on this whole mystery, it will be time for the events of the movie. And so they have to drag this out the full 12 episodes; it can't reach the end prematurely. That's my guess anyway.

But just as I thought, seems people love the BGM. Naoki Sato does not disappoint

Although even there, I count only about 6-7 tracks total that have been used for the show. Seems Sato is being limited there in diversity
I couldn't agree more. I don't ever remember saying that of a single cour series... but yes, Blood-C has too many episodes. It would have probably worked better as a movie. I haven't seen with this many redundant scene in a TV series since... Endless eight. It's always the same thing: School scenes - Guimauve scene - hints that Saya is not human (NO SHIT) and that she is part of an experiment - fight against one or several elder bairn. Rince and repeat. The only thing that has changed since episode one is the ordering of the scenes, and the addition of an actual new hint sometimes, which is however only hinting at what we already suspected. I had thought the twins' death would kick the plot into hight gear, but nope. Maybe the massacre of the whole class will. At least we won't get anymore school scenes, yeah!

The lack of any sympathetic character is another big problem. The only character I don't find shallow and uninteresting or don't want to punch in the face everytime he opens his mouth is a dog lol. Granted, not just any dog, but still.
Old 2011-09-03, 15:34   Link #927
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Two possible reasons come quickly to mind.

One is that the scene takes place towards the end of Saya's imprisonment. She's been dressed in the uniform as preparation to her drugging and release.

Two is similar to what you mentioned from Blood:TLV (which I haven't seen). She had infiltrated the school as part of her war on humans and was captured by the humans while at the school.
Those both sound possible. She was showing signs of sleep deprivation in the flashbacks which is one way of lowering resistance/one sign of serious distress.
Old 2011-09-03, 15:35   Link #928
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I totally disagree with people saying this has too many episodes. The slow yet mysterious build-up which lead us all to that episode 6 is what makes this show so good. The fact that we knew something wasn't right in this small village was exploded from the first episode, right to the sixth, in such a fantastic story telling fashion that makes the material that comes after that much more enjoyable.

Looks like i'm one of the only ones who think that, and is actually highly enjoying this show, heh.
Old 2011-09-03, 15:42   Link #929
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I totally disagree with people saying this has too many episodes. The slow yet mysterious build-up which lead us all to that episode 6 is what makes this show so good. The fact that we knew something wasn't right in this small village was exploded from the first episode, right to the sixth, in such a fantastic story telling fashion that makes the material that comes after that much more enjoyable.

Looks like i'm one of the only ones who think that, and is actually highly enjoying this show, heh.
Count me as a companion - for the most part. I do definitely think they overdid it a bit at the start.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 16:32   Link #930
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dashed by Fierce Winds

Was away for two weeks due to a business trip.

On-Topic
Although the twisted cliffhanger towards the end of the fifth episode brought the furukimono inside Saya's happy-world, the sixth episode marks the demarcation line.

Soon, Saya's crapsaccharine world will eventually turn into a crapsack world.
* For definitions see or consult the TV tropes page.

Lots of you were immediately reminded a similar death scene that happens in Magical Puella Madoka in comparison to poor Nono's death, which to me was both unexpected at the moment.

What disturb me the most about Nono's messed-up sight was listening to the sound of her skull being crunched from the inside while the rest of her body dangled lifelessly in front of Saya.

And I admit that the killing brutality and cruelty of the (Pride?) "Shadow" Furukimono made me felt so angry and emotional, which I forgot about the seemingly-harmless, little dog speaking to Saya for the first time.
But the dog itself gaves a cryptic comment about to whom she promised to fight off the Furukimono; honestly, guys I dislike the translation to Furukimono being "Elder Bairns", because the English term feels and sounds not elegant.

So, we have that Saya's within the span of just one episode had her world turn around 180° degrees to a complete mess; losing two of her best friends before her eyes in such a brutal fashion and being unable to save them.

This correlates with the mysterious character monologue about things not able to stay the same for longer, and if she'll be able to cope with the winds of change or not.

And, I'm also keeping on my radar both the teacher and Fumito. Since, the former knows more than what she lets on.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 16:53   Link #931
hanashi

@Forsaken_Infinity @Shiroth

Me three! I love the build-up. Is it frustrating? Sometimes, but I like the suspense. I like also piecing together the clues as I go along and I find more every time I watch. If they had tossed more bones to the TL;DR crowd, I probably wouldn't like the show as much.
Old 2011-09-03, 17:08   Link #932
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Protecting people has a whole new meaning... by having a monster slay lots of bystander and get the revenge by killing it at the end
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 17:27   Link #933
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Protecting people has a whole new meaning... by having a monster slay lots of bystander and get the revenge by killing it at the end
How do you even know if it's the people and not the "monsters" she promised to protect when a major question being raised by the show to her and as of yet unanswered is whom exactly she even made the promise to?
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 20:47   Link #934
Myogen

I have seen both of the previous Blood animes and was a fan of Blood+. Blood C to me so far is meh, but i'll wait to the final to pass judgment on it. Anyway I came up with this theory that Blood C is actually the continuation of Blood+ and Blood TLV.

So anyway here's my theory:

I believe that Saya after the events of Blood+ Found out that Nathan was still alive and went to meet him. This resulted in Nathan playing a game with Saya for an unknown reason and fabricating this world as the stage for this game [whether the whole world is an illusion or just some of the character in it IDK]. Furthermore Saya's father in this world is actually Nathan pretending to be her father.

Now your probably saying i'm insane and this can't possibly be what's going on, but I believe there are a-lot of hints at this world being a fabricated one. The whole talking dog, Elder Brains instead of chiropteran, etc.... Than there is the flashback where Saya is actually fighting the chiropteran in vietnam something that fits the continuity of Blood+ and Blood TLV, but does not make sense with this current world, I.E. the flashback in vietnam seems gritty and realistic while this world seems light and fantasy like [aside from the monster killings of course].

Now why is Nathan Saya's dad in Blood C. The Dog says there are enemies around Saya, ones she wouldn't expect and all the elder brains keeping telling her to ask her dad about all this strange shit that's happening. Oh yeah and there's the fact that Saya's Dad in Blood C has the same voice actor as Nathan from Blood+.

So this brings me to what's Nathan's objective and for that I have an even farther out their theory. I think the game Nathan is trying to play is to show that Saya another perspective. I believe all the Elder Brians are actually Humans and all the Humans are actually chiropteran. Nathan has just made Saya loose her memory and caused the humans to look like monsters and the chiropteran to look like people [which is why we haven't seen chiropteran yet in the series except in flashbacks]. Than he posing as her father is getting her to hunt humans and the game is to see if she can figure out which side she has really promised to protect, which is why the Dog keeps asking that question.

So why would Blood C's main villain be Nathan, well these type of games or drama's are right up his ally and he's the only character in the blood series that remains a mystery and needs to be explored.

Yes I know this is a way out there theory, but when you ask yourself

1. Why does the Dog and the Elder Brian hint at the Father being the Villain?
2. Why does the Father have the same voice actor as Nathan from blood+?
3. Why have no chiropteran appeared other than flashbacks?
4. Why are all the "humans" so emotionless and creepy?
5. Why does the Dog keep talking about who Saya actually promised to protect?
6. Why was the Music in the lastest episode when Saya starts to remember the same music as in Blood+
7. How fitting is this type of game and/or drama to Nathan's character?
8. Why did the latest Elder Brain have a human face, in-fact why are the Elder Brain getting more human like as Saya begins to remember more? And in reverse why do the humans keeping getting more emotionless and sinister?
9.Why Does Saya in the shower scene with her hair pulled back look so much like Saya from Blood+
10. Why is there so much stress of the jellton that guy's feeding her: Human Flesh perhaps?
11. Why did Saya want to drink the blood of the Elder Brain? Again Human's blood?
Myogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 20:56   Link #935
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh why did they censored the violence but not the side boob that is massed up but that was some great side boob

Some one need to license this so it be uncensored
Old 2011-09-03, 21:45   Link #936
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Her father is a Vampire. Notice that he was passed out and when Saya turned him over, he had blood on his cheek which Saya quickly dismissed as having come from the blood on her.

Her father gorged on blood, then passed out.

Fumito had said something about it being all in the "blood" when Saya's father walked into the cafe. A few scenes later, Saya finds him passed out.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 22:07   Link #937
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm enjoying this show as well, and I think the number of episodes is appropriate. I just wish that certain events and elements of the show were arranged/executed a bit differently.

... That and the censorship makes me want to snap something in half.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 23:18   Link #938
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
How do you even know if it's the people and not the "monsters" she promised to protect when a major question being raised by the show to her and as of yet unanswered is whom exactly she even made the promise to?
She's doing just as bad a job if she's meant to be protecting the monsters. Ya know.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:05   Link #939
Seihai
スマイリウム

I got a question. Do I miss anything if I didn't watch Blood+? I only watched that old movie from years ago.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:14   Link #940
EroKing

Nope, so far it looks like it has no connection to Blood+ whatsoever. Though does indicate related to Blood The Last Vampire, the old movie you have already watched.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.