AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 02:34   Link #1
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Rance IX

Getchu

Images
Some of the Sketches
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Rance IX: The Helman Revolution is the title for the 11th game in the canonical storyline of the Rance series. It is confirmed to take place in Helman and will likely include a long-term goal of having sex with the Empress of Helman, Sheila Helman.

Concept art has recently been released, confirming the inclusion of various characters and implications of certain scenes (see below for some of the images and their details). Their official website is scheduled to launch on 14th November, 2013.

The game itself is currently slated to be released in the 1st half of 2014. (Taken from the wikia)

Gameplay. It will likely be an RPG game in the tradition of Rance, and will feature a turn based tactical RPG system like Pastel Chime 3 Bindseeker, while incorporating the system of Sengoku Rance and Rance Quest for deciding order of action.
Images
Screenshot of battle system
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Places for information:

Sengoku Rance Manga 4+(?)
Rance Quest manga 2+(?)

Translated games. Rance 1-4, 7. Interface 8.

Backstory for three is really important since three is mainly about Helman.
Spoiler for Helman in 8:

If your played Kichi Rance you've pretty much spoiled the whole game. Kichi is considered Alicesofts "Final Fantasy." It was suppose to be their final game, but it became so popular they where able to bounce back.

Spoiler for Promotion given at comiket?:

It's happening a rance card game!

A stress test was released for nine. See how well your computer can run the game! Get it from the usual place.

Alicesoft 3DS GAME! 3DS are region blocked...

Last edited by Drkz; 2014-03-28 at 18:36. Reason: It's HAPPENING.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 02:46   Link #2
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
I haven't even played Rance Quest yet...
Old 2013-06-15, 03:56   Link #3
chocolatemilkgod
The "Insane" Biochemist

Rance Quest will be translated eventually at least. Sadly, I don't know if we'll ever see a full translation for Daiteikoku :/

Still, more alicesoft certainly isn't a bad thing . I definitely like the look of some of the sketches.

Last edited by chocolatemilkgod; 2013-06-15 at 04:57.
chocolatemilkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 12:04   Link #4
Drkz

Its possible to beat Rance Quest without a translation its how through the walkthrough is. Plus the game mechanics have always been pretty simple.
Old 2013-06-15, 13:49   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Its possible to beat Rance Quest without a translation its how through the walkthrough is. Plus the game mechanics have always been pretty simple.
beating the game isn't the point. it is playing and understanding the game. Which requires a translation.
Old 2013-07-15, 22:23   Link #6
Drkz

http://blog.alicesoft.com/archives/3822345.html

Rance 1 getting remade! Wooh.
Old 2013-07-15, 23:28   Link #7
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Hmm....I actually wish for something like Sengoku Rance. That was brilliant.
Old 2013-07-16, 00:15   Link #8
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hmm....I actually wish for something like Sengoku Rance. That was brilliant.
Uh, than I'd recommend Big Bang Age, Daiteikoku or Daiakuji.

Alicesoft probably won't be using that system anymore. It doesn't really fit the way to play Rance. I mean it fit the story for sengoku, but not so much the other stuff. They might put something like that in X, but more than anything IX will go back to its routes. Dungeons and nonsensical grinding....
Old 2013-07-16, 00:26   Link #9
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Uh, than I'd recommend Big Bang Age, Daiteikoku or Daiakuji.

Alicesoft probably won't be using that system anymore. It doesn't really fit the way to play Rance. I mean it fit the story for sengoku, but not so much the other stuff. They might put something like that in X, but more than anything IX will go back to its routes. Dungeons and nonsensical grinding....
I played them all, but for some reasons I prefer Sengoku Rance the most. It could be because it's my first eroge with that kind of system. I dunno. It's not like I dismiss the other games, though.
Old 2013-07-16, 00:41   Link #10
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I played them all, but for some reasons I prefer Sengoku Rance the most. It could be because it's my first eroge with that kind of system. I dunno. It's not like I dismiss the other games, though.
Sengoku was straight forward. Characters are likable and unlike the other games it didn't really have that many Bad End CG. BBA is probably one of the hardest game to date. Loyalty bad god dam.. Daiakuji was a little easier, but it was still a pain. Not to mention these two where somewhat on the (darker side of the spectrum). So many hidden parameters. And Daiteikoku is pretty much whatever. Other than the loli-hitler and the beat artist I didn't really find it that much memorable.

This kind of playstyle gives the player a time limit. But it isn't suited for Rance. In Rance it isn't the plot that takes up time. Its finding rare items and collecting heroines. This pretty much takes up majority of you time. Not to mention Rance started out as a pseudo-dungeon crawler and I'm pretty sure Tada is going to end it this way too.
Old 2013-07-22, 23:26   Link #11
Drkz

Bring back Sil!
Old 2013-07-22, 23:28   Link #12
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did her hair change again, or that's how her hair was in the first game?
Old 2013-07-23, 00:19   Link #13
Drkz

Honestly I can't remember really well. All I can remember was I think she wore glasses and went to school and Rance could actually use magic.
Old 2013-08-07, 06:31   Link #14
hyl
reading #hikaributts

For the curious, the trial is out

http://www.alicesoft.com/rance01/download.html

edit: you still need to use a proxy , because the website of alicesoft blocks foreign ip's
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 18:06   Link #15
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
For the curious, the trial is out

http://www.alicesoft.com/rance01/download.html

edit: you still need to use a proxy , because the website of alicesoft blocks foreign ip's
Yup. They never changed that after the rapelay thing.

Rance 1 ad. Cropping naughty bits out.

Is it me or does look like suzume?

For people who are wondering about IX you should play III. III has a lot of the background story. Since III is all about Helman. In VIII Helman made a brief appearance in the Kalar village.
Old 2013-09-12, 20:57   Link #16
Drkz

Unlike three in four you need to grind. Three you could abuse Ferris. Four especially the last level is all about survival. If your units don't have enough hp you won't last long enough for the next event to trigger and its game over.
Old 2013-09-14, 02:33   Link #17
Drkz

Tips for three.
You'll want to grind for the first key at a bare minimum. Buster Sword has a attack of like 42? Its one of the highest dmg swords in the whole game. You'll want to get Rance to a decent level so he has brute atk. Brute Atk out damages Rance Atk. I think I managed to do 1.7k dmg to the final boss. I'd also recommend you use all three jewels to raise Kanami's max level. Kanami is your lifeline. In boss fights you can't use items. In the final battle you don't got Sil unless you have Kanami passed maxed level your pretty much fucked in the fight. Kanami has a very high evasion rate, but she'll still die in one hit from the boss. The fights in chapter 6 are pretty much scripted. Its more survival than anything. If your party's hp is too low you won't be able to finish it. You need to get his hp below 2.5k or something twice. Its easier said than done especially since your party is weak.
Old 2013-11-16, 17:08   Link #18
chaosprophet

The website for 9 is open. If you're not at Japan you need a Japanese proxy to access it.

There is a short teaser out too:

On the system tab on the site, it explains about "Rance Mode". It says there is 7 heroines this time, with both new and old characters. Says that now Rance is a bit more of an adult so the girls he has a special interest in he treat them with more care than just caring about if he is feeling good himself. It also says other girls besides the 7 also will have H scenes. Here is a pic from Rance mode with the slots for the girls (only three ones revealed so far):

The leftmost girl is a new character. Rance saved a group of slaves under the road, but demanded the girls on the group to have sex with him as his reward, she tells him to not touch the others and she would do anything, then he makes her his servant. Then Kanami and Tillday (first appearance in Quest, an ambitious Leazas knight member of the royal guard).

It also mentions that depending on your progress with the heroines events you can get different outcomes. So we have more than one ending, with one probably the true route/end like Sengoku.
Old 2013-11-16, 20:02   Link #19
Drkz

Aww man, I'm guessing that Leila thing in Sengoku was really canon if childie is still there. I'm guessing one is Shizuka and the other one is Sil. Senhime might be in there too since shes back! Unless they changed it i'm guessing thats the interface for the affection meter for each girl. At the send of Quest he already got three girls prego I'm pretty sure hes not going to ditch them . BRING BACK OMACHI!
Old 2013-11-18, 04:10   Link #20
chaosprophet

On Tillday/Childie introduction in Quest, she does says Leila is her superior. The Rance World Notes on the main website also didn't mention anything about that optional event in Sengoku. Thing is, Leila is a character who actually have a solid love interest outside Rance (well, solid in her heart although it's still unrequited) so because of that, it's unlikely she would be a main heroine in the series, and usually appears late and joins late if playable.

From the Rance mode screen, you can see that each character "slot" has a color related with the character clothes/hair color. In that sense Sill would like be pink or white, so doesn't seems like she is one of the 7. My guess she will be free only by the end of 9 or maybe even on next game.

My current bet for the heroines is Shizuka, Senhime, and two new ones.

Tags
alicesoft, rance, slg, tada, trpg