Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Oh no Miya Miya going black lol!
poor Saya
lol at sensei breaking his trophy
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 12:46   Link #162
Echoes

I really feel like this show is moving in the right direction. The characters are growing on me, Miya especially. The humor was just right this episode as well.
Old 2007-10-28, 15:38   Link #163
ZODDGUTS

Miya-miya sure has balls err I mean guts to be able go against those guys. Even with that weapon chances of her succeeding was rather slim. She's sorta like Shizuru when it comes to people who mess with their love one because if you do better watch your back.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 16:13   Link #164
Blaat

Thanks for the info

Last edited by monir; 2007-11-03 at 20:56. Reason: manga spoilers removed!
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 16:20   Link #165
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Miya-miya sure has balls err I mean guts to be able go against those guys. Even with that weapon chances of her succeeding was rather slim. She's sorta like Shizuru when it comes to people who mess with their love one because if you do better watch your back.
Not sure that's what it is. Maybe she has a secret life as a yankee and has beaten countless little punks like them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 17:28   Link #166
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
OK, from the synopsis I would have sworn that this is a harem anime but that's obviously not the case. But is it a sports anime or a "psycho girls hurt people with long sticks" anime? I'm rooting for the latter.
It's more of a sports show with a healthy dose of comedy. Although, so far, they're still in the "building the team" stage.

As for the "psycho girls", they're more varying degrees of eccentric than psycho - Kirino is over-enthusiastic, Tama joined to "protect the innocent from evil" and Saya seems to be flakey and melodramatic. Miya is probably the closest to being "psycho", but it's mostly played for laughs and she only seems to be that way with regards to people messing with her boyfriend.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 18:14   Link #167
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Geez if there was ever a contest for dirty looks miya-miya would win hands down.

Can't wait to see if she has any skill to back-up her alter-ego's attitude.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 18:40   Link #168
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

This series so far has been a very pleasant surprise for me, I expected nothing good from it and three episodes later I notice that I haven't laughed so hard while watching aniem in quite a long time. The teacher using the cup to kill a cockroach almost had me literally rolling on floor in laughter. And Dan-kun cracks me up pretty much every time he says something.
I wondered why they had picked Kuwashima Houko for a character like Miya-Miya but after seeing her "black" side, it all made sense.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 19:42   Link #169
Aznbanana

anyone got pics of Sayo? I thought her still frame pic at the end of eps 3, she looked reallly hot
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 23:08   Link #170
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Most traditional Japanese schools would not actually give a shinai to a new member because there are far more important things to do: teach footwork and build up basic constitution.
We're definitely working on both of those things: okuri ashi up and down the floor holding the shinai in chudan, lots of haya suburi, issoku itto, and big men up and down the floor. (My fumikomi ashi still needs a lot of work.)

Quote:
Chiba's shinai holding is actually not too good. She's making a beginner's mistake by not holding the left hand at the extreme bottom of the hilt. This is also a detail that might have been missed by the animators.
I wondered about that. We're taught to have our left pinky half on the tsuka gashira and half sticking out, but the way that Kirino is holding the shinai would be correct on a real sword or an iaito -- the left hand covers the lower mekugi, and you don't want it beyond the end of the nakago. I was wondering whether there was some sort of Japan-versus-the-West difference. The suburi scene isn't in the manga, and as far as I can tell, they're shown with proper hand position there.

Quote:
The conduct in the dojo presented in this anime is actually very bad.
Well, of course it is, just as the baseball at the beginning of The Bad News Bears is atrocious (and Princess Nine, too), or the football at the beginning of Eyeshield 21, or the hockey in The Mighty Ducks. This is clearly your standard "rag tag band of underdogs conquers the world" sports drama plot, and they (and their coach) need to be bad at the start of it for the story to work.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 23:26   Link #171
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 00:26   Link #172
NakedAngelX

Tama's soooo awesome XD!!!! And the i always thought the other group are a bunch of strong people. They're much worse than Kojiro's lol.....

Spoiler for Ep 5:
Old 2007-10-30, 02:05   Link #173
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I wondered why they had picked Kuwashima Houko for a character like Miya-Miya but after seeing her "black" side, it all made sense.
I had the same question myself. I love Kuwashima, not so much for having a really distinctive voice but for her range. She is well suited for this character.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 02:57   Link #174
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
omg! this is has become my 'weekly' now! (definition= the series i look forward to the most each week...... and makes 7 days feel like 7 weeks)
Spoiler for episode 5:

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 03:10   Link #175
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 04:10   Link #176
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 13:02   Link #177
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Spoiler for :
dam! i didnt want it to be like that!

i wonder if saya is gonna still keep quitting and coming back in the club
Spoiler:

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 18:57   Link #178
Midonin
Last Engage

Just finished episode 4.

One of BB's strengths, so far, is its characters. Everyone's likable, even Sayako. Sayako's tendency to overestimate her faults makes me thinks she'd be perfect for Itoshiki's class in SZS, and Miyamiya's dark side is scary, yet somehow cool. Amazing that everyone but Dan can apparently pick up on it.

Looking forward to ep. 5. The match begins!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 20:16   Link #179
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Wait if ep 5 is going to show the match, dont they need 5 people? they only have 4, i believe the glasses girl didnt join yet
Hurray for the comeback of the random girl Saya
Lol! at black Miya
looking forward to the match next ep
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 03:22   Link #180
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Just finished episode 4.

One of BB's strengths, so far, is its characters. Everyone's likable, even Sayako. Sayako's tendency to overestimate her faults makes me thinks she'd be perfect for Itoshiki's class in SZS, and Miyamiya's dark side is scary, yet somehow cool. Amazing that everyone but Dan can apparently pick up on it.
Maybe he does, and love her anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen