AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 95 61.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 20.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 11.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-19, 04:25   Link #141
Divini
Senpai!

Ok call me crazy, but I thought for this fleeting moment that Ai was going to go yandere and suffocate Shin with her sweater. (I mean it looked and sounded like it from that angle! And the stools were being knocked down and all!)

Anyway, this episode was craaazy. Ai-chan's sudden confession. Noe and Hiromi in a cat fight. Jin coming out of nowhere in the middle of a rice field (does he stalk Shin at night or something?) And Noe's uber-kawaii blushes.

As for Shin, I do think he has developed some feelings for Noe (he did say so himself in his monologues), though I don't think it's to the point as it seemed to be towards Hiromi earlier. It's kind of hard to judge Shin though, his true feelings on things tend to be as vague as Hiromi's sometimes, even if he is the main character.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:43   Link #142
arkxkra
全力全開

Good Episode again.
the fight was nice .

Shin confess? Hopefully wont hurt Noe in the end.

btw, noe was cute when Shin go find her.

Aiko finally make her move, that was a great move. Go, go for it, join the race and win for it ...
Old 2008-02-19, 05:10   Link #143
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post

As for Shin, I do think he has developed some feelings for Noe (he did say so himself in his monologues), though I don't think it's to the point as it seemed to be towards Hiromi earlier. It's kind of hard to judge Shin though, his true feelings on things tend to be as vague as Hiromi's sometimes, even if he is the main character.
You know, the bad thing about subs is that you don't get the subtle changes in voice acting. Those of us that like the original voice acting rather than dubs do it for that reason. I need to download the subbed episode to see how woof translated the monolgue for shin, but his voice just gave me the impression that he is trying to convince himself that he likes noe and to give up on Hiromi. He went from avoiding noe the previous day to confessing to her after Jun confronted and threatened him with breaking with Hiromi to try to psyche himself for his confession the previous day. there is a line that someone posted where it is ended with [...], which is used most of the time as a indication of doubt or emphasis when using subs. I believe it is the line where he is telling himself that he is not going to go out with Noe for the deal.

He even told Jun that he didn't feel that way about Noe, and that he never agreed to the deal thus why Jun came with the threat of dumping Hiromi. I really don't get why so many people deny that he asked Noe out because of the deal, it is so obvious regardless of how Shin try to rationalize it to himself.

Edit:
By the way, what the hell happened to Noe's promise to help Shin get together with Hiromi. I guess Noe decided to really go thru with what she told Hiromi about she not being able to make Shin fly into the sky, so she is happy to be able to be the one that does it.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:36   Link #144
NikoX
*Fansubber

Quote:
By the way, what the hell happened to Noe's promise to help Shin get together with Hiromi
She realized she likes shin. She is lonely, wants someone to be with, and doesnt want them to leave..proven by asking shin to write on the floor and confess a few times..

poor noe i hope she doesnt get hurt
Old 2008-02-19, 06:00   Link #145
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoX View Post
She realized she likes shin. She is lonely, wants someone to be with, and doesnt want them to leave..proven by asking shin to write on the floor and confess a few times..

Got a bad feeling, the hurt is coming real soon... ><

Though if Shin dumps Noe, he would have to worry about Jun.
Old 2008-02-19, 06:12   Link #146
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoX View Post

I guess Noe is not as noble as many people thought. She has a selfish side. Now I think I understand why she needed so much reassuring that Shin likes her! Shame on Shin for playing with the poort girls feelings. It is fun and I am laughing right now because now Shin is going to learn Aiko and Hiromi's pain! Muahahaha! The only one here that is not going to get hurt is Jun because he is in a relationship not for love but for convenience, but those happen a lot in real life so that is one of the many things that make this show so great! I can't wait for episode 8.
This show has surpased Kimikiss as my favorite of the shows airing!
Old 2008-02-19, 08:28   Link #147
Khaos

Thumbs up

10/10
I think this is the best romantic drama anime I've ever seen, so detailed and complex...just sometimes I want to hit one of the characters for holding back too much...but that is the part, that creates the drama. And they don't use any fillers, everything is about story developement...and now with Ai-chan having "confessed" it gets really messy.
Noe was incredibly cute this episode...that slowly rising red color in her face

But I notice something, all the people have very much character, but the moe-factor isn't very high. Noe is cute, but noone of them could ever go against the queens of moe from Clannad. And I think this is really positive, because it directs the attention more to the depth of the characters. They are no wet hug-pillow dreams, they are genuine characters, even Noe.
Old 2008-02-19, 08:52   Link #148
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow this tread is moving fast ok so i have sitting around thinking about ways I could beat Jun to bloody pulp but it would probably make Noe sad so i wont. The reason i bring him up is even though Shin's nice guy powers are about as effective as tits on nun Jun has caused quite a bit of fuss himself. Look at this way the guy has already deduced that Shin loves Hiromi and vice versa. A normal person would recognize this and not try to hook his sister up with someone who obviously loves someone else. Also, its clearly obvious that he does not have feelings for Hiromi, hes just using her. His manipulating the situation and purposely keeping the misunderstanding going with Shin and Hiromi. The question is what is he getting out of manipulating people he doesnt care about anyone else's feelings but Noe's. I wouldnt be surprised to put the nail in the coffin he calls Shin somewhere and the forces a kiss on Hiromi so Shin can see it. That would devastate Shin i know hes confused right now he said him self he doesnt even know how ended up going out with Noe. Every girl still has a chance at the moment because Shin is too wishy washy to understand his own feelings. But as long Jun is allowed to do what he pleases only more sadness will befall the characters.
Old 2008-02-19, 10:07   Link #149
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Wow this tread is moving fast ok so i have sitting around thinking about ways I could beat Jun to bloody pulp but it would probably make Noe sad so i wont. The reason i bring him up is even though Shin's nice guy powers are about as effective as tits on nun Jun has caused quite a bit of fuss himself. Look at this way the guy has already deduced that Shin loves Hiromi and vice versa. A normal person would recognize this and not try to hook his sister up with someone who obviously loves someone else. Also, its clearly obvious that he does not have feelings for Hiromi, hes just using her. His manipulating the situation and purposely keeping the misunderstanding going with Shin and Hiromi. The question is what is he getting out of manipulating people he doesnt care about anyone else's feelings but Noe's. I wouldnt be surprised to put the nail in the coffin he calls Shin somewhere and the forces a kiss on Hiromi so Shin can see it. That would devastate Shin i know hes confused right now he said him self he doesnt even know how ended up going out with Noe. Every girl still has a chance at the moment because Shin is too wishy washy to understand his own feelings. But as long Jun is allowed to do what he pleases only more sadness will befall the characters.
You know, that line that he gave Aiko was either a lie or he is in denial, because he pretty well know how it happened. I think that is the only thing he could tell Aiko. I think he went to Aiko to find support and reassuring that what he did was the right thing. I think he was hoping for Aiko to validate his actions to make himself feel better. Oh man, it really backfired on him. Aiko is his confident, his support, his coach, now Shin is truelly alone!
Old 2008-02-19, 11:31   Link #150
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
10/10
I think this is the best romantic drama anime I've ever seen.
Agreed on that, this is also one of the best I've ever seen.
I like it more than Clannad, Myself;Yourself, Shana II and even more than Higurashi Kai.

Now, I honestly think Hiromi isn't out of the race yet.
It's just episode 7, plenty could happen in the 5 remaining episodes.
Old 2008-02-19, 11:36   Link #151
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Agreed on that, this is also one of the best I've ever seen.
I like it more than Clannad, Myself;Yourself, Shana II and even more than Higurashi Kai.

Now, I honestly think Hiromi isn't out of the race yet.
It's just episode 7, plenty could happen in 5 episodes.
6 episodes! It is 13 episodes long!
Old 2008-02-19, 11:42   Link #152
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
6 episodes! It is 13 episodes long!
Oh, sorry I forgot.

Quote:
You know, that line that he gave Aiko was either a lie or he is in denial, because he pretty well know how it happened. I think that is the only thing he could tell Aiko. I think he went to Aiko to find support and reassuring that what he did was the right thing. I think he was hoping for Aiko to validate his actions to make himself feel better. Oh man, it really backfired on him. Aiko is his confident, his support, his coach, now Shin is truelly alone!
Either way, someone's feelings is bound to get hurt on the next episode.
Shin would refuse Aiko, or he could suddenly turn back from what he said to Noe.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:00   Link #153
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Oh, sorry I forgot.

Either way, someone's feelings is bound to get hurt on the next episode.
Shin would refuse Aiko, or he could suddenly turn back from what he said to Noe.
No really a must, he can be left in confusion or uncertainty. I don't really see him auto-responding to Ai with rejection, nor do I expect him to auto-break up with Noe. He's not really shown as a spontaneous character, given he does make poor decisions at times, so I don't expect him to do anything right off.

Next episode, I'd imagine more focus on Hiromi and her feeling, as well as more on Ai and what has happened after the kiss with her feelings/thoughts.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:14   Link #154
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
No really a must, he can be left in confusion or uncertainty. I don't really see him auto-responding to Ai with rejection, nor do I expect him to auto-break up with Noe. He's not really shown as a spontaneous character, given he does make poor decisions at times, so I don't expect him to do anything right off.

Next episode, I'd imagine more focus on Hiromi and her feeling, as well as more on Ai and what has happened after the kiss with her feelings/thoughts.
Yes, that is what I think will happen! He will not refuse Aiko outright and he will not break with Noe. It is to early for him to break with Noe, many things have to happen before that if ever!
Old 2008-02-19, 12:25   Link #155
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im a little worried about this date Hiromi is going on with Jun. In the preview she looked very very unhappy. If he tries to kiss her Im sending him to the 9th layer of hell. I get the feeling hes going to be manipulative again though i wouldnt be surprised if he said something to make the situation between Hiromi and Shin worse. God its going to be a long wait.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:36   Link #156
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im a little worried about this date Hiromi is going on with Jun. In the preview she looked very very unhappy. If he tries to kiss her Im sending him to the 9th layer of hell. I get the feeling hes going to be manipulative again though i wouldnt be surprised if he said something to make the situation between Hiromi and Shin worse. God its going to be a long wait.
Hiromi is in a WORSE situation than Aiko! At least with Aiko, Nobuse genuinely loves Aiko and worships her like a goddess!
Old 2008-02-19, 13:01   Link #157
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Hiromi is in a WORSE situation than Aiko! At least with Aiko, Nobuse genuinely loves Aiko and worships her like a goddess!
Iv never wanted to see someone get He-bitch pimp slapped so bad in my life. Jun is the new douch on the block.
Old 2008-02-19, 13:17   Link #158
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

No contest that it will turn out like that. If he is here thinking that what happen with him and noe, hiromi and number 4 was just a pure accident then he has something wrong with his head. Now with ai into the harem he has triple the amount of confusion, and it isn't going to be sweet I tell you that.

And as much as I want to burn shin, I also want to burn that retarded dance he is doing...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-19, 13:21   Link #159
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
No contest that it will turn out like that. If he is here thinking that what happen with him and noe, hiromi and number 4 was just a pure accident then he has something wrong with his head. Now with ai into the harem he has triple the amount of confusion, and it isn't going to be sweet I tell you that.

And as much as I want to burn shin, I also want to burn that retarded dance he is doing...
I don't know why, but that sentence really made me laugh. I think you put that brilliantly.
Old 2008-02-19, 13:41   Link #160
nanaman
Musician guy

As always, an episode that keeps you hanging on for more. I'm not even gonna bother with telling you guys how much I like this anime this time (I think I've had the habit to do so in all my other posts, and too much), so I'm just gonna go straight to the episode talk.

Anyways, what's gonna happen with Noe? She was so cute in this ep getting all happy, and I really don't have anything against her going out with Shin, but as you all may have felt somethings gonna happen and she's gonna be sad, it's unavoidable I know, but I don't want that as she's such a cute little angel (especially in this particular episode). But then again I don't want anyone of these lasses become sad (or more sad than they already are), I like them all more or less! All of them deserve someone good to take care of them

I have to say though I'm kind of rooting for Aiko a little bit, I just like her kind of girl. Her bold confession in this ep was SO AWESOME, if I'd get a confession in real life like that I wouldn't be able to reject her Would anyone here be able to? I don't think so (well maybe Shin >_<)! You go girl!

I don't really blame Shin though for deciding to go out with Noe, even though it partly may be because of the Hiromi/Jun thing. It's not like his feelings for Hiromi have blossomed into something called love yet at his age anyways I'd say so it's okay for the time being, it seems that he really needs someone at this moment and Noe fills that role very well, and as it seems he probably likes her too (however it did seem like he wasn't too confident to say that he liked her when she first asked him to tell him). Of course, Hiromi has her reasons not to act out like Noe and Aiko does in their pursuit of the game, but sooner or later she'll have to go through with it if she wants to come anywhere with him.

Just a little note, I've noticed a lot of these drama/romance shows with 15-16 year olds usually make the relations they make like the decision for life or something, thinking of stuff like deciding which partner to get for the rest of their life, when in real life this for the most part isn't the case, when at this age you hardly know what you really want and that these kind of relationships rarely last more than 1-2 years. So in a way they really overdramatize things in series like this, and expect these often immature kids to make decisions of their life in their teens. Just something that I often find a bit ridiculous, especially when people expect the kids to take these decisions at such an early age, but still it doesn't matter too much, the shows are still great and I don't care too much about it as the characters are fictional.
Closed Thread