AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-06, 07:48   Link #1941
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ok, we can now officially blame someone for not having Haruhi season 2 in 2009; KyoAni itself.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-new-tv-anime

I've never seen Munto ova, but this TV series better be good; I won't forgive them if they waste their time on inferior material. They have other gems to carve and polish.
My poor Haruhi...
Old 2008-11-06, 08:05   Link #1942
brocko

Well they never mentioned a time-frame, so hope for a Haruhi 2 in the near future is not all lost yet!

But yea I'm getting pretty fed up myself with all this Haruhi2-KyoAni-Kadokawa-Tanigawa nonsense. If they weren't gonna release a Haruhi 2 anytime soon, why bother cock-teasing us with all that promo shit they did?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-11-06, 08:07   Link #1943
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Well they never mentioned a time-frame, so hope for a Haruhi 2 in the near future is not all lost yet!
A separate source claim that it is coming out in Spring, so if that's true our hopes are dashed yet again... Let's hope the source was wrong.
Old 2008-11-06, 08:38   Link #1944
brocko

One of the posters (nargun) on ANN made a pretty good comment of Munto being an original work, thus KyoAni getting a much bigger slice of the pie when compared to their other works.

Spoiler for nargun's post:

This got me thinking, perhaps Munto could sorta be a "fund-raiser" for Haruhi 2? I seem to recall a few past post explaining or describing how Kadokawa could be dicking around with KyoAni or something of the sort. *sigh* maybe I'm just looking too much into things... =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-11-06, 11:01   Link #1945
typhonsentra

Yeah, they don't mention a timeframe but they've been stringing people along on Haruhi so long it's obscene.
Old 2008-11-06, 11:55   Link #1946
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Jason Miao predicted Haruhi 2 in 2010... turns out he was right.

Oh well.

Too bad we're probably not getting novel 10 until the second season either, though...

My only RAGE about this is that Munto sucks. A lot, from what I've heard.

Quote:

But yea I'm getting pretty fed up myself with all this Haruhi2-KyoAni-Kadokawa-Tanigawa nonsense. If they weren't gonna release a Haruhi 2 anytime soon, why bother cock-teasing us with all that promo shit they did?
To keep people buying merchandise and Newtype magazine, of course.
Old 2008-11-06, 12:21   Link #1947
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Ok, we can now officially blame someone for not having Haruhi season 2 in 2009; KyoAni itself.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-new-tv-anime
Ah, can't find there info about that new Munto will be in 2009. Can you help me ?

Btw, who really cares about Munto - their first not really good work ? I'm absolutely not going to watch this after "amazing" OVA's.

Quote:
A lot, from what I've heard.
Not a lot, but enough.

Btw, where is new FMP announce, huh ? FMP fans will be very happy again.

Last edited by Littm; 2008-11-06 at 12:42.
Old 2008-11-06, 13:51   Link #1948
rg4619

Quote:
This got me thinking, perhaps Munto could sorta be a "fund-raiser" for Haruhi 2?
I doubt it. For one, KyoAni's got to be swimming in cash from Lucky Star and Clannad. Also, there's no guarantee that an original property will make them any money.

Basically, they've had an ambition to do their own show (something that really defines a studio as a force on its own), and it's now an opportune time to try.

Quote:
I seem to recall a few past post explaining or describing how Kadokawa could be dicking around with KyoAni or something of the sort.
It's baseless speculation. How would anyone know what's happening at Kadokawa Shoten or Kyoto Animation?

Recently, all we've heard about Haruhi 2 is that it's in pre-production, and that Tatsuya Ishihara (originally, he wasn't listed as a member of the Haruhi 2 team) will be involved to some capacity.

Quote:
Btw, where is new FMP announce, huh ? FMP fans will be very happy again.
In terms of business, KyoAni might actually be better off passing on FMP. It doesn't make any money, so I wouldn't be surprised if another studio took over (assuming that there're even plans for a continuation).
Old 2008-11-06, 13:56   Link #1949
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
It's baseless speculation. How would anyone know what's happening at Kadokawa Shoten or Kyoto Animation?
Here we go again - real logical delay reasons ? No reasons > problems with Kadokawa. Or they started Haruhi S2 production recently.
Old 2008-11-06, 14:04   Link #1950
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
In terms of business, KyoAni might actually be better off passing on FMP. It doesn't make any money, so I wouldn't be surprised if another studio took over (assuming that there're even plans for a continuation).
Sure they make money of FMP. It's more or less as successful as your average anime over in Japan. It's just, every other KyoAni-property makes a hell of a lot more money than FMP does. But I'd still prefer for them to be the ones who make the next series, if it is ever made, as The Second Raid was by far my favourite out of the three series, and Fumoffu was good, though it seemed more like an Azumanga Daioh-clone rather than Full Metal Panic season 2...

But this is getting off-topic, so I should say something relevant.

...Sorry, can't think of anything relevant to say.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:50   Link #1951
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

I should point out that as a die-hard fan of Munto and suffering far longer than Haruhi-fans for a sequel/continuation/anything, this announcement has totally made my day. It also annoys me when people flippantly diss an anime without even bothering to watch it with their own eyes.

Maybe Munto is not everybody's cup of tea, but it is certainly mine, and I look forward to KyoAni finally giving it their full attention. It is going to be so much fun to see Yumemi go all snarky on-screen once more.

"Ah... so it finally happened. I have gone crazy."

ADD] I will also note that there are more positive comments about Munto in the ANN-thread than negative ones.

Cheers.
Old 2008-11-06, 19:42   Link #1952
brocko

Bout three days till that Newtype Issue hits the streets of Japan, anyone know how long it normally takes for a scan of the article to pop up on the intrawebs?

Old 2008-11-06, 22:51   Link #1953
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Bout three days till that Newtype Issue hits the streets of Japan, anyone know how long it normally takes for a scan of the article to pop up on the intrawebs?
Pretty much instantaneously. People get the magazine early and stuff, as well.
Old 2008-11-06, 23:35   Link #1954
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Hmm is this video of any importance? It says newtype channel and... ya guess who's in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTYUwWvRG8
Old 2008-11-06, 23:41   Link #1955
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

And here is a surprise ! Munto will be in the early spring. So, what we have now ? Summer isn't a traditional time for Kyoto. Only autumn left then.
Old 2008-11-06, 23:55   Link #1956
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
And here is a surprise ! Munto will be in the early spring. So, what we have now ? Summer isn't a traditional time for Kyoto. Only autumn left then.
Little Busters will probably air in fall, that's when they've always done Key adaptations.

So, either 2010 for Haruhi, or never. We'll see.

Now, where's that blasted tenth novel?
Old 2008-11-07, 00:00   Link #1957
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
So, either 2010 for Haruhi, or never. We'll see.
Ah, copyright in the last article mentioned 2009.
Old 2008-11-07, 00:14   Link #1958
animalbrad
The Hyper-active Animal

Send a message via MSN to animalbrad Send a message via Yahoo to animalbrad
Quote:
Yes but,even if it does start in 2009, that's just for people who are in Japan or understand Japanese. Even after the release date there's fan-subbing time.
Old 2008-11-07, 00:23   Link #1959
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalbrad View Post
Yes but,even if it does start in 2009, that's just for people who are in Japan or understand Japanese. Even after the release date there's fan-subbing time.
I guess you're new to anime, or at least fansubs, yes, no?

Because a fansub can be created anywhere from under a day to several weeks, but never taking a year lol

Popular anime usually gets subbed within a day or two, speed subs, won't be anywhere more than a few more days for good quality subs.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-07, 00:31   Link #1960
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Refresh my memory, did the copyright in the December 18th preview last year mention 2009 as well?

If so, then maybe KyoAni will break tradition and air a Kadokawa product in fall?

By the way, I want to see mugener's reaction when he hears about this. He'll explode with disbelief.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen