Old 2004-08-10, 05:09   Link #481
zero919

this anime is good

this anime is good
zero919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 19:48   Link #482
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I don't mind the past arc, because I find Nagi annoying actually now it seems they do take a break in the past arc here, so that the past arc will be shown in two parts, with some present arc filled in. So now the past arc takes a break after Shin got beaten up by Bunshichi, and they go back to tell the stuff that should have happened in the manga before the past arc with several episodes before going back to the past arc again. It seems they are indeed very faithful to the manga, and indeed they try to solve the "past arc" problem in the original manda by splitting it up... but I guess the effort is not that successful
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 21:19   Link #483
StriderSX

eh, how the anime is handling the entire past arc ordeal is kind of confusing, i just wish they would tell the entire past arc then go back to the present, so hard to follow.

and as for the show, they are probably just going to come up with their own ending seperate from the manga, if not theyll just create a 26+ ep show or season 2.
StriderSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 12:31   Link #484
dreamless

Or maybe they'll just leave it at ep26, aka. Spiral or PMK...
Old 2004-08-30, 17:01   Link #485
donna8157

So they're going to have:

Spoiler:

Hmm .. well, I wonder where this series will end and how the ending will be if they're sticking going to stick to the happenings in the manga. I hope they will just do a second season for it.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 17:19   Link #486
rorosama

Manga question. I just reread the later chapters. The people teaching Nagi and aya are the parents of the members of f. Why did their kids rebel against them? The f people seem really evil and their parents seem good. I only have up till volume 10 and i know a lot has happened since then.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 18:04   Link #487
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Tenjou Tenge is a liscence anime!!?? hmm looks like I've been a bad boy Anyway Yes this anime rocks! As muck as Shura No Toki IMO.
Old 2004-08-30, 21:21   Link #488
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
So they're going to have:

Spoiler:

Hmm .. well, I wonder where this series will end and how the ending will be if they're sticking going to stick to the happenings in the manga. I hope they will just do a second season for it.
From watching episode 21 (where it still stays faithful to the manga), it would seem that they would end this season at the end of the tournament in the past arc with likely a short sequence looking at the present. In other words, likely follow the manga, enabling them to go on with a second season if the series (& DVD merchandise sales) prove popular enough.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 01:06   Link #489
donna8157

Thanks for the info yebyosh ^_^
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:42   Link #490
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Manga question. I just reread the later chapters. The people teaching Nagi and aya are the parents of the members of f. Why did their kids rebel against them? The f people seem really evil and their parents seem good. I only have up till volume 10 and i know a lot has happened since then.
You'll need to read on to find out

The manga should be released soon by dc comics either by christmas or spring most likely next year.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:47   Link #491
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
You'll need to read on to find out

The manga should be released soon by dc comics either by christmas or spring most likely next year.
It won't get to where i'm at for maybe another year or 2. So are you gonna answer or what?
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 08:14   Link #492
ele

Well, I seriously agree with the an earlier poster's comment of a good anime turned bad with the focus put on the past events rather than the present.

Even up to ep. 22, the story rambles on in the past with not-so-interesting characters as opposed to the interesting characters some people claim. Besides the story becomes more confusing especially in the manga as they throw up more side characters and become distracted from the main plot.

Maybe it is just me but I do believe they should change the OP because the people featured there are side characters compare to what is actually in the show.

BTW, the manga is not all that great, the first 3-4 volumes have borderline R18 hentai with deplorable artwork while the artwork in the later volumes are quite outstanding but the ecchi factor is reduced by a factor of x100, but either or...the story is turning from a simple fighting comic into some sort of age old feud, rivalry, shady organzations and other laughable plot twists especially *minor spoiler* when the author of the comic decided to change Souichiro's hairstyle to something better because the cock-head style is just plain ridiculous.

Sorry for the fanboys who think this anime/manga is great because of the fanservice and nudity and I would really like to hear a good argument on why you think this anime is as good as you proclaim it to be because clearly this is well below par.

Ep. 23 don't look too promising either....
ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 20:24   Link #493
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele
Well, I seriously agree with the an earlier poster's comment of a good anime turned bad with the focus put on the past events rather than the present.

Even up to ep. 22, the story rambles on in the past with not-so-interesting characters as opposed to the interesting characters some people claim. Besides the story becomes more confusing especially in the manga as they throw up more side characters and become distracted from the main plot.

Maybe it is just me but I do believe they should change the OP because the people featured there are side characters compare to what is actually in the show.

BTW, the manga is not all that great, the first 3-4 volumes have borderline R18 hentai with deplorable artwork while the artwork in the later volumes are quite outstanding but the ecchi factor is reduced by a factor of x100, but either or...the story is turning from a simple fighting comic into some sort of age old feud, rivalry, shady organzations and other laughable plot twists especially *minor spoiler* when the author of the comic decided to change Souichiro's hairstyle to something better because the cock-head style is just plain ridiculous.

Sorry for the fanboys who think this anime/manga is great because of the fanservice and nudity and I would really like to hear a good argument on why you think this anime is as good as you proclaim it to be because clearly this is well below par.

well, I don't really like the manga that much myself... I've hearing people claiming that Oh! Great's artwork is godlike or something... I myself don't think his artwork that outstanding... or maybe because I just don't really like his character style... However I really like the past arc... but that might be partly because I really hate the Nagi Souichiro character.

However I don't understand why you see the anime starts good. What's so good about the start of the anime? From what I can see in your post, you don't seem to like the past arc, but you also don't seem to like the present arc. I think the anime (and manga) clearly had a mediocre plot and not-so-interesting characters right from the start. The past arc may not be that great, but I think it's still better than the present arc. So could you explain why you think the start is good?

Another reason I see people claiming the past arc of the manga great is because Maya is always in her grown-up form... though to be sincere I prefer her chibii form much more... From what I understand, most of the "fanboys" of this manga series are just "fanboys" of Oh! Great's artwork and character arts... At least for those "fanboys" that I know of...

I'm anticipating episode 23 a lot (for a Tenjho Tenge episode that is... personally I will never anticipate a Tenjho Tenge episode as much as, say, a Melody of Oblivion episode ), since I think that's the best part of the manga, it also has the most beautiful and emotional scene in the manga IMO (again, that's just relative to Tenjho Tenge itself)

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-09-06 at 07:32.
Old 2004-09-06, 02:48   Link #494
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele

I do like the art actually. Long ago, I would've easily dismissed Oh! Great as another artist who "hasn't gotten there yet" in terms of the personality of his style. In the present however, I personally think that his more recent works are one of the better ones out there along with Tohru Fujisawa and Hiroaki Samura. Great styles in their own way in my opinion--definitely better than the typical cutesy, loli-crazed, the-world-is-so-bright-and-sugary style that usually doesn't appeal to me initially. (some exceptions: Gunslinger Girls, Azumanga or something like Read or Die) It depends on the story or what it's all about, and I think Oh! Great's style fits in that regard--fanservice and all.

As for the anime--I haven't been really following it. I stopped at ep 9, after which I decided to take a look at ep 21 after seeing some screenshots. And that's it. Overall if you didn't like the manga, you won't like the anime, and even that isn't a guarantee. In that respect, I think the anime is more suited to those who were already fans from the beginning.

I don't know about the rest, but I admit that the story really isn't groundbreaking (a dying trend in today's anime/manga..) and the only thing that saves the entire thing is the art and the character designs. If you aren't even into those, then it might mean that your tastes lie elsewhere. In that case, I'm not going to convince you that it's the best anime ever. Hell, I'm not even going to try. That would be as pointless as convincing me that Naruto and Gundam Seed are God's gifts to anime--which of course, don't appeal to me either.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 03:35   Link #495
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Just a note, Tenjou Tenge the anime series will end at episode 24. The last episode shall be broadcast on 16th September, which is next week.

Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 06:03   Link #496
dreamless

just watch episode 23, as expected it may well be my favorite episode of the series. very emotional and beautiful, the music is great too

So indeed ep24 will be the final episode... guess the first seaon (not sure if there'll be a second one though) is more or less focused on the past arc

This show seems to have okay popularity, it makes into newtype top 10 the past months, and Maya seems to be quite a popular character

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-09-12 at 06:15.
Old 2004-09-12, 17:33   Link #497
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele

Compare it to a lot of these other animes and mangas right now and it's good. The manga I think is good, the art work is great. Can you name some currently running manga and anime that make this series below par?

Or do you just see the pervertedness of some scenes and look at everything else in this series in a bad way just because you're so 'uptight' and loathe things like that.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 18:04   Link #498
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I've watched Tenjo Tenge up to episdoe 16 now and I like it, although
Spoiler:

I read the first volume of the manga out of curiousity and my reaction was something along the lines of (in that order). I can't believe how much more graphic and violent the manga is! I'm glad I watched the anime first because I might have been scared off. Nevertheless it is a great series yes.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 04:25   Link #499
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I've watched Tenjo Tenge up to episdoe 16 now and I like it, although
Spoiler:

I read the first volume of the manga out of curiousity and my reaction was something along the lines of (in that order). I can't believe how much more graphic and violent the manga is! I'm glad I watched the anime first because I might have been scared off. Nevertheless it is a great series yes.
The flashback isn't even really over yet, they just split it into two parts in the anime.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 18:22   Link #500
Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
The flashback isn't even really over yet, they just split it into two parts in the anime.
you mean theres even more flashbacks?

damnit... isnt the series like 26 episodes long? I hope theres enough room for more action.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen