AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 20:41   Link #121
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Im kinda confused alot of ppl ive talked to says this is a drama/harem/fantasy... i can see fantasy and drama but is this actually going to be a harem anime?
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 20:47   Link #122
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
I'd really doubt it.

Though the game seems to have some harem stuff to it, I'd really doubt that it's gonna be that big in the anime. Especially because of Hakuoro himself. He doesn't seem the type of guy that would go about fantasizing about the girls' panties or getting nosebleeds.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:05   Link #123
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
I'd really doubt it.

Though the game seems to have some harem stuff to it, I'd really doubt that it's gonna be that big in the anime. Especially because of Hakuoro himself. He doesn't seem the type of guy that would go about fantasizing about the girls' panties or getting nosebleeds.
well my understanding of a harem is a bunch of girls like a single guy and it is undetermined which one he likes... nose bleeds, panties, and stuff were just fan service i though (well not the nosebleeds lol unless somebodys got an odd fetish)
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:21   Link #124
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscar
Im kinda confused alot of ppl ive talked to says this is a drama/harem/fantasy... i can see fantasy and drama but is this actually going to be a harem anime?
I realy doubt it aswell.., as I previously posted.., this will surely be a fantasy / action / drama (possibily) anime..
Just take a look at the OP.., there are ALOT of characters and alot of fight scenes...; plus.. most of episode 2 was all action aswell.
Anyway.., we have 24 more weeks ahead before this anime ends so.., its realy too soon to say anything
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:50   Link #125
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
well my understanding of a harem is a bunch of girls like a single guy and it is undetermined which one he likes... nose bleeds, panties, and stuff were just fan service i though (well not the nosebleeds lol unless somebodys got an odd fetish)
Well, you've got a point there. However, I still wouldn't classify it as "harem", since it has mostly a bad connotation, again linking to the fanservice part. Maybe a "multiple-sides love relationship", but definetly not harem.

Still, we already have a bit of "fanservice". Remember the trail-grabbing part? To me that was fanservice enough :P Good fanservice, not bad fanservice!

Damn, I've been finding it pretty hard to express myself in english for a whole. I wonder why that is.

Quote:
I realy doubt it aswell.., as I previously posted.., this will surely be a fantasy / action / drama (possibily) anime..
Just take a look at the OP
You're right about this. Again, judging by the CGs, we'll have a lot of drama plots in there. I'm actually feeling a bit uneasy because I already know how to expect, and I know I'll have nightmares in Aruruu/Eruruu's sake.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-15, 21:58   Link #126
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Still, we already have a bit of "fanservice". Remember the trail-grabbing part? To me that was fanservice enough :P Good fanservice, not bad fanservice
Best part of the show so far.

Hmmm..gut feeling: this won't become a classical "harem" anime. While it's true that people may be attracted to the lead male (and why not...that's a pretty hot mask he's wearing), I think there's really only one love story going on.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 00:31   Link #127
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Hmmm..gut feeling: this won't become a classical "harem" anime. While it's true that people may be attracted to the lead male (and why not...that's a pretty hot mask he's wearing), I think there's really only one love story going on.
Well, we all know which love story that is

And THAT gif was what made me start watching UtaMono in the first place, Catgirls :P Thxes T0 U

Old 2006-04-16, 01:35   Link #128
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Best part of the show so far.

Catgirls, it'll be really great if we could add sound to .gifs (we can't right?) That sigh she did when her ears wilted made the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
And THAT gif was what made me start watching UtaMono in the first place, Catgirls :P Thxes T0 U
And yep it was the same for me. Then I saw the OP and the song hooked me.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:36   Link #129
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

As far as I know, we can't as of yet.

And yeah, the sound she made made me drown in cuteness.

Old 2006-04-16, 02:13   Link #130
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Then I saw the OP and the song hooked me.
mmmm.. I have to say..., the first time I heard the OP song.., it realy didn't appeal to me..., I don't know exactly.., maybe I was expecting something else..

Strangest thing though.., after seeing episode 2 for a few times (and the OP along with it) the song kind of stod in my ear.., and now currently.., I can't get enough of it..

This hasn't happened to me in quite a while.., I'd have to say.., the last OP song which I didn't like at first and then after hearing it a few time I started to simply.. love it, was.. mm.. Hemisphere from RahXephon..

Now thinking about it.., the same might happen with this anime in an overall basis..., specialy because the last fantasy anime I saw was Slayers.., and that was quite some time ago..
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 05:21   Link #131
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
You're right about this. Again, judging by the CGs, we'll have a lot of drama plots in there. I'm actually feeling a bit uneasy because I already know how to expect, and I know I'll have nightmares in Aruruu/Eruruu's sake.
Well thats your fault for getting them in the first place, but before I sound like a big hypocrite i'll be honest and say I also tend to do that with all the bishoujo anime that I tend to favor. But due to the huge spoilerific fact that cgs bring I stoped doing that, well for now anyway. That is untill the anime finishes, I like to be shocked ala canvas 2 style ending. hehe
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:24   Link #132
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Well thats your fault for getting them in the first place, but before I sound like a big hypocrite i'll be honest and say I also tend to do that with all the bishoujo anime that I tend to favor. But due to the huge spoilerific fact that cgs bring I stoped doing that, well for now anyway. That is untill the anime finishes, I like to be shocked ala canvas 2 style ending. hehe
RT your post is expired already Zero Shinohara already joined the club for that inresistable gif that Catgirl made
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 10:37   Link #133
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Rofl, gotta say that's right :P

And nah, I'm usually fine with spoilers, it has always been like that. (Note that I watched FMA backwards, LOL) And I wanted the CGs for myself, Eruruu looks very cute in them :insertcatgirlsgifhere:.

Quote:
Strangest thing though.., after seeing episode 2 for a few times (and the OP along with it) the song kind of stod in my ear.., and now currently.., I can't get enough of it..
Always happens to me. In fact, I came to like UtaMono's OP much faster than any of the Rozen Maiden ones (Exception is HnS. That was love at first sight). But since I rarely watch anime on a regular bases, instead of plowing through all the episodes I can in the least ammount of time possible, it's a bit rare to get used to a song the first time I hear it.

But now it plays on my playlist about 50 times a day :P And the scene where Eruruu is shown at the end has become my phone's starting video <_< >_> *Fanboy*

Old 2006-04-16, 15:31   Link #134
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Aruruu really stole episode 02 for me.. you just gotta love her type of character.

I'll agree that the OP's good, can't wait for the full song.
Old 2006-04-16, 15:38   Link #135
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Aruruu really stole episode 02 for me.. you just gotta love her type of character.

Yea I love that OP. It fits the video so well, and that song rocks. Im going to get the full when ti comes out. I believe it's "Musouka" by "Suara".
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 16:07   Link #136
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama

She's about the cutest character so far.

Spoiler for Aruruu:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 16:11   Link #137
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Well, I guess she'll keep her spot as the cutest one throughout the whole series.

Spiritual Cuteness + weird ears + White tiger Cub = WIN

Old 2006-04-16, 16:19   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spiritual Cuteness + weird ears + White tiger Cub = WIN
You can't forget her love for Hakuoro! >.<
Old 2006-04-16, 16:54   Link #139
lavielove

speaking of Hakuoro,yeah,he couldn't take off that mask for 24/7 and how could that girls imgaine that he resemble to their father ? and where did Hakuro was being saved by Eruruu ?? Alot of things are still unexplained..
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 17:25   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
speaking of Hakuoro,yeah,he couldn't take off that mask for 24/7 and how could that girls imgaine that he resemble to their father ?
You never know, the father might have the same style of hair.. same attitude etc - it doesn't just have to be his face.

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg