AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 20:19   Link #101
Buruburuzaiemon

The detailed account has been written in the novel.

The sheep is swallowing a small stone for rumination.
They had the sheep swallow gold instead of a small stone.
To dismantle the sheep, they have employed the butcher.

The person who tried the method of making the sheep swallow gold is not a little.
But,The all failed.

The reason why they chose Nora is shown.
1)She is a shepherd who frequently uses the back gate of the town.
2)There is no shepherd excluding her because the place of which she takes charge is dangerous.
There is no danger to which misbehavior is witnessed.
3)The back gate user is few, so she can pass the inspection on short time.
If it takes long time for the inspection, the sheep might vomit gold.
Buruburuzaiemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 03:14   Link #102
Lightly_Toasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
im having abit of trouble understanding the part where Horo explains to the man about not wanting to remove her robe to show her face to the man in episode 2. Can someone help me please?

it starts around: 8:50 in episode 2, inside the church.
Spoiler for Ep 2 quote:

1. Horo does not want her ears to be revealed.
2. By staying concealed under a robe, she leaves it up to his imagination as to what she looks lies, thus creating a kind of mystery behind her beauty that he does not know. As he assumes she is good looking, because her "husband" has her covered in a robe. Also by showing her face she would "break" his hopes of what he has built her beauty up to be like.
Lightly_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:08   Link #103
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

She is implying that she is not good-looking, even ugly, and most certainly not up to his expectations. Of course, this is all just in order to keep her ears concealed.
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 04:25   Link #104
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

I just got around to watching SaW(a real gem) after a friends(many kudos to them) suggestion that it would help me get over my Code Geass depression but i have one question.

How did Horo manage to get in Lawrences' cart?

When Chloe jumped onto his cart with the bundle of wheat did she transfer from that bundle to the bundle already on it or was it something entirely different(like she just snuck unto it).

I just finished watching the series and haven't yet started reading the manga or LN's(I'm waiting for the first Volume to be completely translated before starting) so forgive my ignorance if it was explained in them.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:14   Link #105
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

well it a matterhow you imagine her "dwelling" in the wheat..
If it's something like possessing, then just imagine that she decided to possess the wheat in the cart, and since the stack in the cart was larger than the one Chloe had, she could do it..
The whole happened not the moment when chloe jumped on the cart,but rather when she was being locked up.. Remember the sound Lawrence suddenly heard from the back..
salv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:32   Link #106
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by salv87 View Post
well it a matterhow you imagine her "dwelling" in the wheat..
If it's something like possessing, then just imagine that she decided to possess the wheat in the cart, and since the stack in the cart was larger than the one Chloe had, she could do it..
The whole happened not the moment when chloe jumped on the cart,but rather when she was being locked up.. Remember the sound Lawrence suddenly heard from the back..
Ah. Right. i thought she possessed the wheat when Chloe jumped on the cart and then it took her a while to assume a physical form and thats why their was a delay from then until the bump, i thought Chloe being locked up and the two things were a coincidence.

I see how how your way makes more sense though.

Does it get a better explanation in the LI or is it up to the readers interpretation?
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:31   Link #107
M.D. Geist

spicy-wolf.com

Is this an announcement for season 2 ?
M.D. Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:37   Link #108
salv87

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D. Geist View Post
spicy-wolf.com

Is this an announcement for season 2 ?
last posts here
and here..

well. yeah, that's the 2 season announcement ^_^
Old 2008-10-05, 04:41   Link #109
M.D. Geist

ah good to know... hope kazuya will still do the art

Staff:
director: Takahashi Takeo
Script: Arakawa Naruhisa
Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Kobayashi Toshimitsu
Animation Production: Brain's Base

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lawrence: Fukuyama Jun
Holo (Horo): Koshimizu Ami

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
would suck if this is true...

Last edited by M.D. Geist; 2008-10-05 at 05:14.
M.D. Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 15:53   Link #110
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

... Joining this Q&A a lil late..... there is one thing I didn't quite get and that is .... what did Horo do so that the Wolves wouldn't attack Nora while they were coming back with the gold? The anime (ep11) shows Horo standing in the middle of all the wolves with the big one in front but they don't quite say what is it that she agreed to do...

When Lawrence asked her ... he realized something and he was going to say what she did but she asked him not to say it! ... do the novels say what she did to calm down the pack of wolves? Anyone?

EDIT/UPDATE

OK so after reading the entire threads of ep 12 and 13 I finally got my answer in the first few posts of the 13th episode thread... which say that she basically bowed down .. discarded her pride and begged the wolves to let her companions pass through..... also this one post says something I didn't want to say but I found it written there.... might help someone else with the same doubts:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Well I just read the first few post of the thread of this episode and want to defend the idea that Horo was not [straight forward - raped] by the young wolves nor the youthful boss... They may have been just humiliated her verbally, beat her around, nipped at her, or even yearnate on her. I'm not a wolf-psychologist but I've seen enough animal shows of wolves humiliating a lone-wolf (female/male) that way. That's how they show dominance as a pack or to one another.

-If the point was already argued, please just take mine as another opposer to the "perv-theory." (its highly illogical to me.)

Other than that, the series was great. Perfect for an arc.
Good gosh I am glad I read the first few posts and this one which says exactly what I was thinking.... I mean Horo was coming back and when Lawrence asked her what she had done ... she asked him not to say it....she looked embarrassed/ashamed which is one of the characteristics females show when accepting the fact that they were raped..... the first impression that scene gave me was that she had to sexually submit to the big young wolf... which is NOT me or anyone else being Hecchi hentai... that's just the way wolves act according to Discovery/animal planet and real life .........

Just the thought of something like that made me feel very VERY uncomfortable... I choose to believe she only bowed down and discarded her pride.... still I don't like it when editors/writers don't put highly visible clues to such ambiguous situations... I know that there might have been some dirt on her knees but it went through so fast I didn't notice it ... even after watching it 3 times ... gotta go frame by frame I guess... (was watching with my portable video player creative zen W)

Last edited by CuXe; 2008-10-18 at 17:11.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 18:27   Link #111
Lightly_Toasted

Well seeing how clean her cloths were afterwards, she either was raped and took a buble bath, or the wolves did a very neat job with their love juice, OR she simply bowed to them.(My favorite option.) But I guess we'll need to wiat till the light novel translates volume 3 to know for sure.
Lightly_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:43   Link #112
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
Well seeing how clean her cloths were afterwards, she either was raped and took a buble bath, or the wolves did a very neat job with their love juice, OR she simply bowed to them.(My favorite option.) But I guess we'll need to wiat till the light novel translates volume 3 to know for sure.
I can never un-hear that. Ever. Why, Toasty? Why?
Old 2008-10-19, 03:04   Link #113
salv87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
eh.. volume 2 that is..

volume 3 is fully translated btw ^_^
Old 2008-10-19, 10:01   Link #114
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

You really have to be paying close attention to notice this in the anime, but there is a brief shot of Horo's knees showing them stained, which I would take as an indicator that she was asked to kneel before the younger wolf. The novel doesn't reveal what she did either, but it does specifically mention the fact that only her knees were covered in mud, and no other part of her clothes.
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:39   Link #115
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

yeap.. I just watched the last ep on my TV and was able to see that one sec when they show the dirt on her knees ... I was watching with my portable video player which has a small wide screen and makes it hard to notice these small but relevant details.... I guess I was kinda anxious about getting an answer to this doubtful situation cause Horo is one of those female characters that you put wayyy up there against any other female character and the thought of something bad happening to her was just too much.... glad to know that was not the case....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 23:26   Link #116
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Which episode was an OVA? I haven't seen episode 7 too.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:07   Link #117
salv87

ep 7 was the special episode
don't know if it can be coubted as an ova though
Old 2008-10-20, 10:33   Link #118
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Thanks. Just watched it. Horo was cute as usual.

Just one question, I know that Horo and Lawrence have good chemistry, but we know that one is human while one is a giant wolf. How do you think that would work out?
Old 2008-10-20, 10:57   Link #119
salv87

in ch3 of the klight novels she said htat when she's in human form she should be able to have children ^_^

but that's another story I think ^_^
Old 2008-10-20, 11:02   Link #120
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by salv87 View Post
in ch3 of the klight novels she said htat when she's in human form she should be able to have children ^_^

but that's another story I think ^_^
Awesome . Hopefully, her kids could also transform. And perhaps have a much longer life than the average human.

Can't wait for season 2, so I'm watching this for now. ^^