AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-01-21, 15:56   Link #1541
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
EDIT: seems I missed the post date... 2008-4-1 01:55 LIKELY THIS IS FAKE... Why would anyone respond to such an old post, and there by bringing it to the top of list of posts making me think it was new... My mistake Kinda glad I reread the whole thing before we got all excited
seems like your right regarding it being faked , I still remember the fake list of anime coming out which showed a new claymore season coming out (though this was last year) but was quickly pointed out as being fake.

I know it would be good to get another season of claymore out (a reboot at that) but I really have my doubts they would (but then again berserk is getting one so its not entirely impossible either).
Old 2011-01-22, 01:31   Link #1542
Ouvea

Why isn't there a second season to Claymore. Did the reviews and ratings ill favor the first season? The manner by which the anime ended would make its continuation difficult, assuming the story parallels that of the manga. Also, Funimation didn't creage the anime and merely licensed it, correct?

Last edited by Ouvea; 2011-01-22 at 02:58.
Ouvea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 01:43   Link #1543
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouvea View Post
Why isn't there a second season to Claymore. Did the reviews and ratings ill favor the first season? The manner by which the anime ended would make its continuation difficult, assuming the story parallels that of the manga. Also, Funimation didn't creat the anime and merely licensed it, correct?
Season 1 came out and caught up to the manga at the time. Due to Claymore being a monthly it would have taken years for enough new material to come about for a loyal season 2. So the Anime just choose to open end the anime.

Now "season 1" covered up to ch 61 plot wise, even though they totally deviated by ch 55. So if a new season of the same size was to come out it would need about 61 new chapters and 111 - 61 is only 50. So we're just a year shy worth of manga for enough material for a season 2, even if you include some episodes to fix the end of season 1 to make it loyal again 50 chapters just doesn't seem enough. Finally this arc should end before they start a new season, since we don't want those guys making another ending like they did with season 1. If by next year there is not talk of season 2 that's when there should almost be no excuse for it... right now there still is a few good reasons why it's not likely been announced to be in production yet.

Oh and Madhouse made the anime. The anime adaptation is licensed for release in North America by Funimation.
Old 2011-02-26, 15:58   Link #1544
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouvea View Post
Why isn't there a second season to Claymore. Did the reviews and ratings ill favor the first season? The manner by which the anime ended would make its continuation difficult, assuming the story parallels that of the manga. Also, Funimation didn't creage the anime and merely licensed it, correct?

the issue is all Claires goals are complete in the anime that funanimation created which is totally different to the manga.
Spoiler for anime spoilers (not sure if needed but topic rules say it does):

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2011-02-26 at 17:01.
evil_kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 16:36   Link #1545
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
the issue is all Claires goals are complete in the anime that funanimation created which is totally different to the manga.

she beat Priscilla (and let go of her hatred after beating her) despite in the manga she lost badly recently

She reunited with Raki which hasn't happened in the manga

also Miria did not form the ghosts, there were more survivors in pieta , the fab 4 never formed (Helen and Deneve went their own seperate way, Claire and Raki headed somewhere else), Alicia + Beth didn't exist etc

there are so many flaws with the anime that it makes a true continuation of it difficult and removes alot of plot points.

another side problem is they made Isley stronger than Priscilla in the anime, which is a big problem due to it means he would have no problem beating the abyssal feeders (though then again the abyssal feeders would not be created since Isley's forces did not end up at the org hq so another problem).

So basically a true continuation of the anime would see Isley wipe everyone out and win since he is stronger than Priscilla and has nothing to fear
Madhouse made Claymore... funnimation just lincenced it in English.

The rest is likely a major reason for no "season 2"also.... though I stand by my point that there also isn't enough material for it either plus what materisl there is hasn't reached a good stop point either
Old 2011-02-26, 16:51   Link #1546
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Madhouse made Claymore... funnimation just lincenced it in English.

The rest is likely a major reason for no "season 2"also.... though I stand by my point that there also isn't enough material for it either plus what materisl there is hasn't reached a good stop point either
there would be though imho had they not mucked up the storyline.

the mistake would be if they tried to make it like bleach/naruto (non ending) but if they did it similar to serikei or ikki tousen (2 seasons each distinctly made awhile apart) they would have no problem.

I mean most of volume 11 (due to they didn't show Isley vs Lucelia or Isleys forces splitting up and their fights) onwards would be season 2

we currently have around 20 volumes worth of content available which is equal to the number the first season used and the first anime season skipped alot of plotlines.

for a good climatic ending to the 2nd season
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-03-04, 18:43   Link #1547
bibiasdaputra

anyone knew where to find nice galatea gif for avatar use?? or some high resolution galatea's wallpapers??
bibiasdaputra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 01:39   Link #1548
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibiasdaputra View Post
anyone knew where to find nice galatea gif for avatar use?? or some high resolution galatea's wallpapers??
For the ava you have the avatar and signature request thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46875

and if you want high res Galatea wallpaper you have the image thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46876

A few favs... (larger versions of many of them exist (was in a rush so i just posted the first one I found regardless of size.. sorry)... if you want one just ask for it on the image thread, since If i can't find it quickly for you someone else may do so faster... not many of the heavy image posters read this thread or at least respond to Q&A... they may lurk here for all I know though )
Spoiler for pics a plenty (each in there own spoiler tag):
Old 2011-03-06, 22:16   Link #1549
bibiasdaputra

Quote:
For the ava you have the avatar and signature request thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46875

and if you want high res Galatea wallpaper you have the image thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46876

A few favs... (larger versions of many of them exist (was in a rush so i just posted the first one I found regardless of size.. sorry)... if you want one just ask for it on the image thread, since If i can't find it quickly for you someone else may do so faster... not many of the heavy image posters read this thread or at least respond to Q&A... they may lurk here for all I know though )
Spoiler for pics a plenty (each in there own spoiler tag):
oh Jesus Christ you're just so kind !!
how could i repay you
bibiasdaputra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:42   Link #1550
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibiasdaputra View Post
oh Jesus Christ you're just so kind !!
how could i repay you
No need... beyond enjoying which ever ones you choose to use for your ava, sig and/or wallpaper.
Old 2011-03-26, 15:28   Link #1551
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

This is a pretty dumb question since it's opinion based, but is anyone else disappointed with Volume 18's cover?

It contains some of my favorite chapters, and I was hyped when I saw I fake image for the cover. Now I find myself looking forward to volume 19 more since it has a more visually appealing cover...but it takes SO long for them to be released.
Old 2011-03-26, 16:09   Link #1552
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
This is a pretty dumb question since it's opinion based, but is anyone else disappointed with Volume 18's cover?
it's not what I would call "bad" as such though it looks a bit odd but it makes sense having a cover with Riful and Duaf considering they really star in those chapters
Old 2011-03-26, 16:21   Link #1553
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Yea, I'm not surprised that they are on it even if I'd rather have others, but even the artwork itself seems a bit of a downgrade compared to others. It's very gritty imo. I may just be picky, but volumes 11-13 were my favs in terms of art, and then 16 and 17 were decent.
Old 2011-03-26, 16:34   Link #1554
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Yea, I'm not surprised that they are on it even if I'd rather have others, but even the artwork itself seems a bit of a downgrade compared to others. It's very gritty imo. I may just be picky, but volumes 11-13 were my favs in terms of art, and then 16 and 17 were decent.
just checking but where are you looking? i was using book depository but their artwork always looks worse than what it actually is; I had to double check one of my volumes when I saw one that looked alot worse than it does in real life.
Old 2011-03-26, 16:51   Link #1555
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

This was the best one I found.

Spoiler for pic:

It reminds me of the style in the first few volumes for some reason.
Old 2011-03-26, 16:55   Link #1556
evil_kenshin

Quote:
This was the best one I found.

Spoiler for pic:
the one on book depository is different; it doesn't have that blue line but as in my previous post its always at a lower quality look than what you get in the real product

Spoiler for image:

edit: thinking about it, that image you linked must be a fake the position of everything is wrong
Old 2011-03-26, 17:10   Link #1557
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Oh no...please don't tell me that the Volume 19 cover is fake now too. It does have Priscilla on it right?

I just checked with a pic online of the manga I do own, and the difference in quality is pretty noticeable. I don't normally buy manga, but I've had the urge recently so every bit of it matters from chapters to art lol.
Old 2011-03-26, 17:14   Link #1558
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Oh no...please don't tell me that the Volume 19 cover is fake now too. It does have Priscilla on it right?.
can't really check none of the sites I use (amazon, book despitory etc) have an image for volume 19/list volume 19

but yea that one you linked is a fake; the design of the front cover is wrong, there is never a blue line going from the top left to right then down the page, the authors name is not placed on the bottom left, the volume number is never put on the middle right ; even the font they have used for yagi's name looks wrong.

no way is that a real cover so i'd be checking your sources from now on
Old 2011-03-29, 09:28   Link #1559
haegar
mangaviking

18 is the legit cover as ya can see:

and I think this is vol19 but can't confirm for sure:

I like 18 btw, I think its only fair Riful and Mr.bakastupid get their spotlight moment considering what happens
I don't have to add that if that Prissy is indeed legit cover I am very happy

edit: btw I consider these to be low rez and thus safe to post? If anybody thinks I might be wrong lemme know ^^
Old 2011-03-29, 10:16   Link #1560
Gooral
Banned

In the image thread I've compiled all covers and posted them all together. Besides usual covers that all editions have there are "undercovers" which aren't present in Viz version (I'm not sure you can find them in any other version than Japanese).
BTW, personally I liked fan-made cover of volume 19th
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a