AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 15:35   Link #361
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The manga has more than 300 chapters. Even going at the super-fast 2 chapters per episode this anime started with, it would take 3 years to catch up with where the manga is right now. Assuming the author doesn't take another hiatus, he'll have written 150 more chapters by then. Which would take another year and a half to animate at the same "fast" pacing. Which is another 75 chapters, so another year.

I don't want to bother getting into the calculus, but basically we have another 4-5 years before we even have to start worrying about the possibility of catching up and therefore having to slow down or add filler. Honestly, the series might even end within 4 years. This is not something we should be concerned about right now.
He will, he always does these days.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:38   Link #362
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am still wondering if the manga is actually going to conclude soon. I would be more willing to stick to the anime till the end if I knew it was actually going to animate the ending of the manga.
In an interview with Eiichiro Oda of One Piece, Togashi says that there will be at the very least 3-4 more arcs, though he has 5-6 more arcs in mind.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:48   Link #363
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

This is a great show. It motivated me to watch the old series.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:36   Link #364
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
He will, he always does these days.
Well, there is a new Dragon Quest game being released.
Old 2011-10-26, 08:57   Link #365
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
after watched the remake of first episode, and even know the next episode will be, but i cannot wait anymore, turns watching the older series plus manga until the newest chapter hehehehehe

But in remake many scenes different from older series
Old 2011-10-27, 07:09   Link #366
rinichan

yey I'm happy for this series ep 4 has 4.5% tv ratings.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 09:36   Link #367
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 4
I really have a problem with the BGM. Can they use 1999s? I'll keep hearing it in my head.

I actually forgot how old Leorio is? loved the scene when they were all shocked.

And yes Killua is really just a kid, he spent a huge forutne on candy you know.
Old 2011-10-27, 21:54   Link #368
TruthTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
In an interview with Eiichiro Oda of One Piece, Togashi says that there will be at the very least 3-4 more arcs, though he has 5-6 more arcs in mind.
Is there any way you could link to where you saw this? if that was true it would be awesome!
TruthTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 02:01   Link #369
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTaco View Post
Is there any way you could link to where you saw this? if that was true it would be awesome!
Here you go. Quoted from Phantron, on another board.

Quote:
It's an interview with Togashi and Oda of One Piece. There's not much information there, but I can translate it. Don't know where the original Japanese source is, though again it really doesn't say much. This happened before the Ant arc ended.

(seems like there's text before here...)
T: Yes, as an author for Shonen Jump, sometimes I feel lacking compared to you. (I assume this refers to the fact OP is the Iron Man of serialization)

O: Mr. T is too modest. When I was an assistant, I always loved your works for their originality.

T: I don't like stories based on formula. I always try to make things more interesting, more unexpected. I pay close attention to your work too. Your story is very emotional.

O: Haha, I usually make the character first, and then make the story to suit the character. What about you, Mr. T?

T: Sometimes I ran out of creativity and become tired. Usually I look from western movies, eastern wuxia (martial arts fiction), short stories, and legends for ideas.

O: I see. That's a great idea. Your characters are great. It must take a lot of effort to draw them?

T: Just a habit. Maybe I'm more influenced from old school.

O: The Ant arc is almost over? I think the latter half of the Ant arc is very special, and it gave me inspiration.

T: Thanks. I'm just drawing on and off, so there was a lot of break througout. I had some change in my style during the Ant arc. I'm impressed that One Piece always keeps the same style.

O: Sometimes I want to change my style, but it's risky. I'm sure Mr. T understands.

T: Yes, the publisher was concerned with the style of HXH and they are worried that the readers cannot accept, but I still pressed through. I want to show what I have in my mind clearly.

O: So, how far is HXH? Halfway?

T: It's hard to say. I have 5 or 6 stories in mind. If everything goes according to the plan, there should be at least 3 or 4 stories after the Ant arc. Of course sometimes unexpected things happen and mess up your plan. So, is One Piece over halfway done?

O: Yeah. I think I'm in too much of a rush. When a story is halfway done, I'm already thinking about the next story for my readers, so the story becomes rushed.

T: That means you never run out of creativity, which is a good thing.

O: The publisher helps a lot too. I usually tell them the general theme of the story, and they help me plan the details.

T: Shonen Jump has a lot of great works with a wide variety. Everything seems like they can go on for a long time. The new guys all have a sharp mind.

O: One Piece once worked with Toriko for a special. I think his (Toriko) work is very similar to early HXH. He must be influenced by Mr. T.

T: I feel the same, but my worldview is bigger than his. That's kind of like One Piece. Haha.

O: I see Mr. T is still a friendly guy.
Old 2011-10-28, 09:40   Link #370
Vicious108

Lol @ Oda trying to spread his "halfway" BS to Togashi.

Still, I like Hunter x Hunter and all, but I wouldn't want it go all the way to 6 more arcs. Considering the nigh inevitable possibility of Togashi falling back on his Hiatus x Hiatus routine, I'd probably only to get to see the end of the story in my 50ies. And as long as one of those 3 or 4 guaranteed arcs after the Chimera Ant one covers the final showdown with the Genei Ryodan, I'll be satisfied. They're the main reason I've stuck with the series this long and through all the hiatuses tbqh.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:16   Link #371
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Lol @ Oda trying to spread his "halfway" BS to Togashi.
What's BS about that?
Old 2011-10-28, 10:36   Link #372
Vicious108

Do I really need to say it? Oda has been saying One Piece is at "about halfway" for years and years now, as far as back as the end of Enies Lobby IIRC. It's a marginally clever way of making his fans think he's got the plot outline tightly planned, when clearly he doesn't and will continue writing as many new stories he wants to, assuming the series remains as profitable as it's become (see the current OP manga arc and its endless stalling).

Thankfully Togashi seems to give HxH fans a little more credit than to buy into that.
Old 2011-10-28, 10:56   Link #373
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Eh, all of those comments you're on about were just rumours. Fans have been making them up for years now, it's just like all the nonsense straw hat member rumours. The only "about halfway" information we've seen officially announced is from a few interviews (the one posted above being one of them), and they were all quite recent.
Old 2011-10-28, 13:10   Link #374
Gooral
Banned

It doesn't change the fact that One Piece is stalling to the extreme and it's repeating the same thing again and again. I really liked One Piece until it became another fighting shounen manga.

Anyway, so far new anime is good but I can't help and compare it to the old one. And unfortunately in comparison with 1999 series, it's poorly directed. Sure, it's more condensed and more faithful to manga material but all in all the flow of the story isn't as smooth as in the old one. Place where action happens changes abruptly, characters befriend others instantly without delivering proper background, etc. Also, they explain here obvious things and treat viewers like idiots (or 5 year old kids), more so than in the old version. For example in the old anime it sufficed that Kurapica looked at the tatoo, in the new version he said it out loud revealing that he knows she lied and letting her prepare. Or Leorio *accidently* heard that the bus driver won't get him where he wants at the exact moment he wanted to get in. In the old version he wasn't so lucky. There are other examples but these are from the top of my head. /IMO (which should be obvious)
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:59   Link #375
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
It doesn't change the fact that One Piece is stalling to the extreme and it's repeating the same thing again and again. I really liked One Piece until it became another fighting shounen manga.

Anyway, so far new anime is good but I can't help and compare it to the old one. And unfortunately in comparison with 1999 series, it's poorly directed. Sure, it's more condensed and more faithful to manga material but all in all the flow of the story isn't as smooth as in the old one. Place where action happens changes abruptly, characters befriend others instantly without delivering proper background, etc. Also, they explain here obvious things and treat viewers like idiots (or 5 year old kids), more so than in the old version. For example in the old anime it sufficed that Kurapica looked at the tatoo, in the new version he said it out loud revealing that he knows she lied and letting her prepare. Or Leorio *accidently* heard that the bus driver won't get him where he wants at the exact moment he wanted to get in. In the old version he wasn't so lucky. There are other examples but these are from the top of my head. /IMO (which should be obvious)
Uh, I think that you're confused. It was the old anime series in which Kurapika told the woman of her tattoos and let her prepare. In the new series, he sees the tattoos, but viewers aren't told what they meant until the end of the episode.

And the bus thing was sort of stupid in the 1999 series; it just drove around in circles in Dolle Harbor. There's no way that anyone wouldn't have figured it out. But in the new series, the buses were taking candidates to an entirely different city or pretending to break down en route. Leorio doesn't hear the bus driver telling him this, but he coincidentally hears two veteran Hunter candidates talking about it.
Old 2011-10-28, 14:22   Link #376
noktown

Quote:

1.Read the post above.
2.You see in the anime what you wanna see,i guess you're too loyal to the first one,I'm enjoying this one as well.

3.One Piece is as you mentioned a fighting shounen manga,and that is the reason they have to fight again and again for us to see them advance and not magically become super saiyans,take on the 4 emperors and say goodbye.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 08:42   Link #377
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Uh, I think that you're confused. It was the old anime series in which Kurapika told the woman of her tattoos and let her prepare. In the new series, he sees the tattoos, but viewers aren't told what they meant until the end of the episode.
I'm not confused and you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Episode 5 of the old anime, 11 minute, we only see Kurapica holding her hand and zoom on a hand covered with tatoos. In the new anime in 2nd episode, 16th minute we have zooming and Kurapica saying "those tatoos, you're..." giving away his thoughts and letting potential enemy to prepare. It's a clear example of hand-holding. The same goes for the bus.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 04:40   Link #378
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2011-10-30, 09:42   Link #379
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
I'm not confused and you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Episode 5 of the old anime, 11 minute, we only see Kurapica holding her hand and zoom on a hand covered with tatoos. In the new anime in 2nd episode, 16th minute we have zooming and Kurapica saying "those tatoos, you're..." giving away his thoughts and letting potential enemy to prepare. It's a clear example of hand-holding. The same goes for the bus.
???? I don't understand why you're going to argue this if you really aren't going to watch the episode and back this up. In the fifth episode of the 1999 series, as soon as Kurapika catches the woman and she asks him to take her to her husband, he does the same thing--"This tattoo is..."

And less than two minutes after he asks "Who are you really?" in the 1999 show, she spells it out for the audience.

"Yes, it's true! I'm a magical beast. But how did you find it out?"

Followed by exposition, etc. As far as the bus goes, it just circles around the city in Nippon Animation's version; anyone would figure it out. The bus in both Madhouse's adaptation and the manga was taking contenders to a completely different city. It's apples and oranges. I'm not going to argue with you about your personal preference. But if Leorio had gotten onto the bus in episode 2, he wouldn't have made it to the Hunter Exam. Different scenarios.
Old 2011-10-30, 10:15   Link #380
Vicious108

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Tags
action, shounen