AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 17:22   Link #10081
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
They are not fodder, Mashima is giving good guys the hax powers. Simple as that. No way it could have been that easy...

And... unfortunately, I see the similar fate to the rest of the Fiore's ''strongest'' fighters. It's like suddenly Mashima is writing for his five year old grandchild who wants nothing but wins on good guy's side.

I'm one of the rare ones who DON'T want to see Minerva's ass being kicked so easily....
Well, yes, they are not fodder. But they get defeated just like fodder. Imo, that's worse. Just how strong has an enemy to be to live up to FT's hax? We get it, they caught up with the seven years they lost, no need to fodderize non-fodder anymore...And yes, I hope that at least Minerva will prove a challenge.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 17:30   Link #10082
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Come on guys... the executioners where just an excuse for the place guards to get distracted so Princess Hisui could slip away, dawn her black robe, meet up with Natsu and crew, then tell everyone all about Eclipse 2.0 plan (and maybe the frist dragon king festival) and next week in chapter 310 "This Country, Until Tomorrow".

Two chapters of these hyped losers is worth it for the cost of more forshadowing of the actual plot. Plus minus Natsu a bunch of often ignored/trolled characters got a good fight for once.
Old 2012-11-30, 17:56   Link #10083
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I still liking my Kamika & Cosmos.

I really hope they show up later + plus join FT for the "Power Boost".

BTW, what happened to Yukino's "13th" key?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:46   Link #10084
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I still liking my Kamika & Cosmos.

I really hope they show up later + plus join FT for the "Power Boost".

I'd prefer Princess Hisui, since she looks like a grown up Mavis... but those two are good choices too.
Old 2012-11-30, 18:51   Link #10085
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Now my speculation:

So I'm wondering if Layla Heartphilia was the ingredient used to make Zeref into a dragon. Simply put, Layla was once Draco the Celestial Spirit Dragon. However what if Zeref got her key and stole her dragon hood status and gave it to Ancologia, which turned Layla into a mostly mortal human... that just might be the thing that both made Layla Heartphilia sick due to being absent from spirit world and disappeared/died in the same year as the dragons. Plus it explains why spirit king would care so much about Lucy's feelings, since if true in a sense Lucy would be one of his subjects and familiy. It would also explain how Ancologia could detect Zeref from where ever he was prior and possibly why Ancologia was flying all over the world (he was seeking Zeref).
i am stick with my speculation that Layla is Ancologia.
Old 2012-11-30, 19:00   Link #10086
Krono

Quote:
Oh least I forget... Hiro's twitter confirmed even though he doesn't really plan much for FT he does have at least 3 more arcs minimum actually that he wants to do (each arc pushing 1-2 years of late would mean 3-6 more years worth on FT,but based on the ever increasing amount of characters I'd wager 6 on the high end). However he did previously mention arcs like Fighting Festival just randomly came about on a whim. So we could get a lot more than 3 more arcs too.
That wasn't on his twitter account, that was in the volume 35 afterword. Here's the afterword as translated by ChaosKnight over at the Fairy Tail wiki:

Spoiler for Volume 35 afterward:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Sigh, I hate dragged out fights but that was way too fast! They are freaking executioners of high skill and yet they got destroyed in one chapter! What was the purpose of it all again?
Acradios gets thrown into the deathtrap area. The princess drops them down there on the pretext of them being "thieves" in hopes that they'll help and rescue Arcadios. But relying on starvation and death traps to deal with half a dozen or so people, one of whom is quite possibly familiar with the area they're in is pretty stupid, so her plan backfires and we get the executioners going down to kill them. Arcadios gets to demonstrate his conviction and win trust, whether or not he's actually really a villain, and now that the executioners are defeated, we can get a quick way out instead of aimless wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Unknown. The only speculation I've seen on the subject thus far is that the key was property of Sabertooth and Yukino had it on loan. Though I suppose it's possible as well that Yukino losing while using it resulted in a broken contract.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:25   Link #10087
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Hmm... why did they post that on the Hiro twitter thread on the other forum then? well, sigh, it was in volume 35 then and what I read was sourced unclearly... typicial day on the internet then

Though what I read was phrased very different but amounted to the same thing with less details. Oh well, whatever no point in dragging something like this out.
Old 2012-11-30, 19:32   Link #10088
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am stick with my speculation that Layla is Ancologia.
but Ancologia was drawn as clearly male.

You better reexplain this one for my sake.
Old 2012-11-30, 20:14   Link #10089
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
When the depiction is generic, it's drawn as male. Since we got obscure face and body, we can assume it's "placeholder" depiction for the context of the explanation at the time.

That said, I would assume it's a he as well.
Old 2012-11-30, 20:44   Link #10090
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
When the depiction is generic, it's drawn as male. Since we got obscure face and body, we can assume it's "placeholder" depiction for the context of the explanation at the time.

That said, I would assume it's a he as well.
In other series that often happens but in FT just look at robe chick... it was just a robe which could have been either.
Old 2012-11-30, 21:43   Link #10091
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:

You better reexplain this one for my sake.
But Ancologia dragon form has so many pretty stylist details on him ;3

Really, its nice theory, but I doubt that too, because she killed her own daughter (or tried)!
Old 2012-11-30, 21:48   Link #10092
GundamFan

I'm generaly a fan of Fairy Tails quick pace battle but this fight was way to short. Especailly considering some of the characters they had involved Lucy seems to be generally viewed as weak and Wendy who mostly used support magic should have been allowed to flaunt there powers abit more.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 23:06   Link #10093
Vmem

Wow, the entire execution squad in one chapter? talk about rushed...

I would've been satisfied had Lucy joined forces with Yukino to use Urano Meteria. we deserve that much after Lucy's been trolled of it in her fight against Flare
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 23:13   Link #10094
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
Wow, the entire execution squad in one chapter? talk about rushed...
It's like this:

FT: "You and us, Executioners! Let's fight!"

(Two chapters later)

FT: "Eh, bored now." (whoops their asses)

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 23:26   Link #10095
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

At least Mashima doesn't draw it out any more than he has too.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 23:27   Link #10096
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I can imagine the contest winners and their reaction to having their characters getting owned by FT. "Wow, my character got beat by Natsu/Pantherlily/Mirajane/Wendy/Lucy-Yukino....AWESOME!"
Old 2012-12-01, 06:47   Link #10097
ImperialFlameGod8190

Speaking of Yukino something kinda bugged me about all that. She was a part of the strongest guild sabertooth and she must've realized that kagura was the strongest member of mermaid heel why didnt she use pisces's true form its almost as though she was like Doranbolt in the GH arc was she too infiltrate sabertooth to monitor them and to wait for Lucy to appear again i mean really it all happened too fast that she goes from expelled member of sabertooth to working to help the eclipse plan. Also i gotta say im kinda waiting for things to get back to the actual tournament because i wanna see more fights the next one on the docket for me should be 1 of 3 fights. 1. Erza vs Kagura and miliana (Jellal Bowl) 2. Laxus vs Orga (battle of the lightning behemoths) or Gajell vs (Sting +Rogue) DS pt 2. i guess to add to that somehow get Lyon vs Gray (Juvia Battle)
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 09:19   Link #10098
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Am I the only person here getting a wee bit tired of every older female having D's?
Old 2012-12-01, 10:07   Link #10099
ImperialFlameGod8190

actually you are the problem is the other girls are all pitifully sized
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 10:12   Link #10100
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Am I the only person here getting a wee bit tired of every older female having D's?
It's one of the things I like about Fairy Tail, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen