AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-06-16, 20:08   Link #41
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

While i appreciate Twilight effort to get Anya into Eden and get close to his target , but surely there are many ways to approach or even find out the target location .

Sure he is a hermit and hiding all days , but being a politician with great influence he have to make contact here and there , also , while he ( assuming ) can grow food and get water in his house , stuff like fuel and electricity he have to get from somewhere , and if he is so paranoid he would have body guards , so where he get the money to pay his guards ?

Heck , even snipe him when he is on the way to parent meetings .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-16, 20:18   Link #42
James Rye

Well his mission is to investigate him and his subversive activities not kill him. So in other words, he has to get close to him, get a partnership or even friendship going to get a look into said activities if the paranoid hermit believes he can trust Twilight. So Anya is the best way to get to Donovan via his son.

What I wonder is how old said son really is (same grade as Anya or above) and if he is a Stella collector or a Thunder bearer and basically a black sheep that gets tolerated due his father's connection.
Old 2019-06-19, 21:01   Link #43
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*Yet*. Which, as we see in this latest chapter, they are taking it slow
This chapter was a first step, but it's still nothing in comparison to the relationship between Twilight and Anya. Here's hoping the author will put a little more effort into integrating Yoru to the family dynamic.

I also wonder where the story is going from here. Are they gonna focus on Anya's school life? It seems like it but I sure hope they don't. Anya's cute and all but focusing on her school adventures will just get in the way of family dynamic moments which is the main appeal for me.
Old 2019-06-30, 10:55   Link #44
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 8 on Mangaplus

First day at school, and Anya's already the little troublemaker, right hook and all. I love everyone's contrasting reactions to the situation though, and Anya continues to be great

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-30, 13:26   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's cool. She punched him out, that means he's well on his way to falling in love with her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-30, 18:52   Link #46
James Rye

Ho-ho-ho-ho-holy molly, Anya got a MAD punch! XDDD
I love how tiny she is compared to everyone else so you obviously notice that she is actually younger than the rest. Or how she repeatedly did that (smug) smile because she was praised for it by Becky. Gotta say I really like the designs for Becky, new best friend, and Damian, arrogant Noble who already got both his eyes on Anya (both in the way of her being cute and how dare she stands up to him xD), possible future husband given he is a tsundere ("Ugly ugly ugly!" lolololol~) and Anya an Esper who can read minds and takes no BS from him.^^
Poor Twilight though, both his plans got massive cracks right now! It is not even the first school day, this was just a ceremony before said school day, and his daughter already got a Thunder on her chest! This is going to be so fun!!!!! <3 <3 <3
I thought this series was slowly losing steam but damn, look at it go! Can't wait for the first volume sales. Hope they are really good in Japan. This series deserves lots and lots of fans!
Old 2019-06-30, 19:01   Link #47
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

1 bad star right on day 1 , great start .
Old 2019-06-30, 19:08   Link #48
James Rye

Make it day 0 as lessons haven't started yet and you got a deal. xD
Anya hold in for a very long time though. Only snapped once her father was mentioned. Good thing Damian stepped on Becky's toe else she would have gotten 3 thunders at the start of the new school year! I can't wait to see how Twilight will try to salvage this situation and how Anya will try to either be an excellent student using her cheat powers of mind reading or how to make peace with Damian and befriend him for Plan B. Though I am pretty sure the father is so paranoid he won't allow house visits anyway.
Also pretty sure Damian is not getting much attention from his family so once Anya can read his mind in that regards due her lonely upbringing she might sympathize with him. What Damian needs are real friends who befriend him for who he is not for who his father is. Given that Anya hit him despite knowing how important he is to Twilight's plan speaks a lot for her. I could see them ending up as friends some time down the line. But for now Anya gotta withstand a lot of teasing, maybe even worse depending on the damage on Damian's honor and his family. Heck, for all we know his big bro might enter the scene aka "are you so weak you got send flying by such a little girl?".
Well, next chapter gonna be interesting, either it is a chapter at home where the family tries to recover from this disaster and prepare for the first day or is is the first day at school or it is a mix of both. It won't be boring that much is certain.^^
Old 2019-06-30, 20:37   Link #49
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

With Anya and Yoru , thing won't go the way Twilight wanted but in a good way .

Anya unknowingly made friend with the daughter of the military company CEO which may come in handy in the future .
Old 2019-06-30, 23:40   Link #50
Random14

At least Anya made a friend on her first day. Not the friend Twilight wanted, but at least its a start. Heh, Anya is already taking over Yoru.

Talk about a helicopter parent (though with different reasons than usual). Well, good thing she's got several more chances but yeah, this is going to be a stressful school year for Twilight.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-01, 01:39   Link #51
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Anya is already taking over Yoru.
Yoru is kind of superfluous anyway. Note she's the only one without a goal related to the main plot. Twilight wants Anya to befriend this dude to achieve his mission, and Anya is the one who has to do it. All related to the main plot. But Yoru's goal is to keep her off-screen brother from getting worried about her. That's why she decided to fake being married to Twilight, and it has nothing to do with the main plot. Heck, we don't even get to meet her brother.

She's basically a third wheel. The story could work just fine with Twilight and Anya alone. Yoru adds "color" to the family, completes the "picture." But that's all she is, padding.
Old 2019-07-01, 01:55   Link #52
James Rye

Relax, we probably will meet her brother sooner than later. Besides it feels to me like she will be the one who will pursue Twilight to make their relationship a reality and not a fake whereas Twilight, while liking Anya and Yoru, is still in his work mind and knows that sooner or later this family play will end once his mission succeeds.
Old 2019-07-01, 03:05   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Even if the brother shows up, it has nothing to do with the main plot. It's like I said, she's irrelevant. Only Twilight and Anya are necessary for the story to work. Yoru is decoration.
Old 2019-07-01, 03:57   Link #54
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*sigh*

How about we see more chapters of the manga before passing judgement on how "important" particular characters are to the overall story? Keep in mind we're only at Chapter 8, which is pretty much the beginning arcs of any particular manga.

Keep in mind that Anya wouldn't have acted as she did in this chapter if not for Yoru's influence and lessons, so even here Yoru still has a part to play.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-01, 06:07   Link #55
James Rye

True, without Yoru's advise and her training Anya could have never evoked such rage in Damian with her smile (love it! <3) and then send him flying with just one punch.^^
Old 2019-07-01, 07:44   Link #56
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Without Yoru 's teaching she wouldn't accidentally make new friend .

If she did not punch Damian , that girl from military company wouldn't think highly of her .
Old 2019-07-01, 08:44   Link #57
Random14

Whoops, I meant to say Anya is taking after Yoru (with the punches and all), not over her.

Anyway, I doubt Yoru will fade into the background. She's basically a doting mother and she'll try to help in her own way. Whether that'll help with Twilight's mission at all, well, that'll probably be the funny part.

Although I half expect the Thorn Princess will be sent after a certain spy sooner or later. Not to mention we have no idea what Yoru's brother is doing or what role he could have if/when he does show up. He could be just an office worker or something more important. Its not like Yoru's normal either, with her jobs and her boss.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-01, 10:56   Link #58
Wandering Soul

Day 0 and she already made a friend and made an impression on Damian. Seems like a good start to me
Old 2019-07-01, 14:10   Link #59
James Rye

Not for Twilight's mission record. XD
Old 2019-07-03, 04:52   Link #60
James Rye

Amazon Rankings 0600 JST - July 2nd 2019

-phy- | -dig- | vol.
****4 | ***78 | OP 93 (digital in Aug)
***49 | ****2 | KNY 16
**220 | ***51 | SxF 1
**252 | ***14 | JJK 6
**273 | **127 | BC 21
**541 | ***15 | DS 11
**561 | ***46 | AA 7
**622 | **185 | PE 11
**782 | **196 | Moriarty 9
*1270 | **141 | HZ 26
*3066 | *1302 | BC quartet 2
*4909 | *2594 | Kamio Yui 1
*5278 | *1501 | HG 1
*8877 | *3510 | David 4
22242 | *8168 | Saiyuki 1
29179 | *9376 | ne0 3

Gotta say, pretty damn good place for first volume and after only 8 chapters and that while not being in WSJ, but the smaller magazine.

Tags
action, spy thriller