AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-12-24, 09:52   Link #121
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 12 and final impressions:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 15:56   Link #122
stray
Classic Yandere

That was a great ride. Swindler lived up to her name in the end. Sounds like we're getting a director's cut of the finale as well with 5 extra minutes on the BD.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 18:04   Link #123
grecefar

This was a pretty good ride but this ending felt underwhelming, and I’m a sucker for happy endings, I didn’t expect all full happy but at least swindler and courier making out alive.

Anyway I enjoyed it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 19:02   Link #124
Decel

I respect the ending, most of the characters had a fitting ending.

The conclusion was a bit underwhelming, but maybe those extra 5 mins will bring some closure as to what happened to the living ones. Some form of epilogue please.

Some parts stretched way longer than it should have, but overall a nice ride. A good 8.5/10
Old 2020-12-24, 19:09   Link #125
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think they'd kill off everyone except the kids. Swindler was the stand out character in all of this, with an incredible performance by Tomoyo Kurosawa.

My only complaint about this anime is that everything about the executioners was a mess. I'm not even sure what they were trying to do with Eyepatch.
Old 2020-12-24, 21:18   Link #126
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 12 and final impressions:
I felt some of the characters were a bit too much of a cop-out early on and only kept watching because of the high visual quality and some different, more positive impressions from my friends. I'm glad the story ended up evolving better than expected, even if it was a pretty grim tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not even sure what they were trying to do with Eyepatch.
Felt to me like a cop who thought they were justified and that the system was right no matter what, only to realize the truth way too late.

I wish there was more to the ending; with the children in particular, but I think the societal message is pretty clear, and quite reminiscent of BLM protests.

Overall I give this is a high 7/10.
Old 2020-12-24, 21:57   Link #127
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Swindler became want she said she was a true swindler Hacker had one more trick up is sleeve and Courier really went all out

8/10 An ending this series truly deserves
Old 2020-12-25, 03:51   Link #128
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 04:29   Link #129
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Finally an original anime that didn't disappointed me.
10/10 Ending
Overall a solid 8/10

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 08:59   Link #130
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Really liked the series. Since Swindler was an audience surrogate, I was afraid I would dislike her but she really stands out. Pierrot's budget must be insane for all visuals and coreography they managed to pulled. I also like how they handled Courier without changing his character when he decides to work for Swindler despite having nothing to win. The violence keeps being insane as heck but I guess most of the Executioners were murdered during the protests. I hope these guys make a comeback and write some sort of spiritual successor.
Old 2020-12-26, 02:11   Link #131
Dark Wing

I honestly enjoyed this more then I thought I would. I'm really surprised they actually killed off swindler but in the end she got the last laugh starting an all out revolution. Also not gonna lie the Christ imagery was a bit too on the nose though...
Old 2021-10-31, 13:46   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Sorry for necro-ing this thread but nobody posted about the Extended/Director's Cut of the final episode yet?

Took me long enough but I finally watched the Extended Cut of the ending, and the visual improvement is freakin' real. All the action was beautifully upgraded and the Courier set piece looks so much better compared to the original TV episode.

Still, the ending is pretty much the same. Hey, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", right? Also, the major part of the ending actually heavily mirror a certain Kamen Rider ending but if I mention which show, that'd be spoiling stuff.

So yeah, all in all, I still agree with people who gave the 7.5/10 score & upwards. This show started as a "Cyberpunk Suicide Squad Mission Impossible"-amalgamation only to evolve into decent-to-good character drama + adult ultraviolent 80s/90s action OVAs + social commentary show. I particulary love the second half of the show where we get to taste the real meat of the characters until the gutsy-enough ending (no pun intended). This is the kind of anime-original content that I miss & want.
Old 2021-10-31, 18:57   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Sorry for necro-ing this thread but nobody posted about the Extended/Director's Cut of the final episode yet?
I either completely forgot or just never found out there would be an extended version of the final episode.

Too late now, this show has come and gone.