AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-23, 20:48   Link #41
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Katarina added another one to her harem just by being lazy and eating it just seem like she more of a pet sometimes

Well she says they she wont sleep but cut from the opening she asleep
Old 2021-07-23, 21:19   Link #42
Wandering Soul

And through a combination of the right words and heartfelt certainty, Bakarina managed to win over her captor. I was curious to see how everyone would react to Rufus pushing her down, now I'm curious to see how they react to Geordo's kiss.
Old 2021-07-24, 04:39   Link #43
Chosen_Hero

Yeah, not gonna lie, I didn't like this arc because it just felt like it was written by someone with a kidnapping fetish or something of the sort.

Most of the time Katarina's obliviousness is funny and endearing, but these two episodes where she doesn't take her kidnapping seriously and even makes a promise with her captor to travel together is worrying at best. Even worse was when he pished her down and kisses her neck and she didn't even realize what he was trying to do, in my opinion that wasn't funny or adorable or whatever the hell else otaku will think of it.

Katarina should be glad she conveniently lives in an Idyllic world because she has no survival instinct at all, which is funny because it's part of the premise of the show that she is trying to survive which would mean she does have it (in a screwed way)... but then this arc exists where said survival was ignored at every turn.

Also, yeah, not a fan of adding more people to the group of simps, especially not a kidnapper (I don't care how sad his backstory is, a crime is a crime). It's already bad enough that the ex student council president basically got off scott free for what he did in season 1 and going by the opening this guy is going to be around in some way, which means another slap on wrist and you're free to go (watch him end up working at the same magic institute she's going to work in or something)... the hell is with this kingdom?
Old 2021-07-24, 11:49   Link #44
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yeah, not gonna lie, I didn't like this arc because it just felt like it was written by someone with a kidnapping fetish or something of the sort.

Most of the time Katarina's obliviousness is funny and endearing, but these two episodes where she doesn't take her kidnapping seriously and even makes a promise with her captor to travel together is worrying at best. Even worse was when he pished her down and kisses her neck and she didn't even realize what he was trying to do, in my opinion that wasn't funny or adorable or whatever the hell else otaku will think of it.

Katarina should be glad she conveniently lives in an Idyllic world because she has no survival instinct at all, which is funny because it's part of the premise of the show that she is trying to survive which would mean she does have it (in a screwed way)... but then this arc exists where said survival was ignored at every turn.

Also, yeah, not a fan of adding more people to the group of simps, especially not a kidnapper (I don't care how sad his backstory is, a crime is a crime). It's already bad enough that the ex student council president basically got off scott free for what he did in season 1 and going by the opening this guy is going to be around in some way, which means another slap on wrist and you're free to go (watch him end up working at the same magic institute she's going to work in or something)... the hell is with this kingdom?
Catarina's carefree and brazen personality is just how she gets through all her tough challenges on this show, so I'm not expecting her to run on common sense at this point .
Old 2021-07-24, 15:44   Link #45
MCAL

Glad to see Sora realize his true calling as a Morosexual.

Ditto to Sumire Uesaka having quite to range in Suzanna/Lana/Larna.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 17:09   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Glad to see Sora realize his true calling as a Morosexual.

Ditto to Sumire Uesaka having quite to range in Suzanna/Lana/Larna.
And even more when you remember Dekomori/Nagatoro .
Old 2021-07-24, 17:48   Link #47
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Will that kiss by Geordo finally reduce some density that is Katarina's brain? So far, her brain is the densest matter known to the universe. It's also why she manages to draw so many people to her. Maybe I am expecting too much that the density would reduce.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 18:31   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, at what age are people allowed to get married in this world anyway? I thought Mary and Catarina weren't married to Alan and Geordo respectively because they keep postponing it for obvious reasons, but Ian who is older revealed he literally can't wait to fuck his fiancee yet he can't because they need to get married.
Old 2021-07-24, 18:59   Link #49
X207
Gamyūsa

Rufus might be another hidden route, she just keeps trying to make more flags...the kiss and the previous attempt were a surprise.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 13:46   Link #50
Frontier

How does Bakarina write off the kiss? As a dream, of course! I guess her brain completely turned off after that kiss and getting taken back home .

I love how Bakarina assumes her Harem are sticking close to her because they're worried after the kidnapping when really they're trying to keep her as far away from Geordo as possible .

So Susana turns out to really be Larna and apparently keeps her sexy dress hidden under that maid outfit? How hot must that be ?

Is Susana her real identity? Or is it Larna ?

I was still thinking Jeffrey had something to do with the kidnapping up until it turns out he's a massive brocon who loves his little brothers so much he has a shrine of portraits to them on his wall. He's dedicated himself to protecting and taking care of them ever since they were kids and Geordo and Alan were adorable little babies, but political in-fighting for the throne and Alan's weak constitution has kept them separated as a family. But in the end his younger brothers were able to appreciate the times he was there for them and the little things he did .

Poor Geordo was stuck having to be the good, patient, little boy waiting for his mother and craving her affection when she couldn't pry herself away from Alan because he was so sick. And that led him to a life of not expecting anything and just coasting off of what is expected of him, up until he met Catarina and saw someone who is completely open with their feelings and welcomed him into a much brighter and happier world that let him get along better with his brothers .

Alan had his own issues on-top of his sickly constitution, always being assumed to be second-best to Geordo who barely even acknowledged him, but it took Bakarina for him to realize his own talents and start to finally get along with Geordo .

As an aside, it was nice to see the kid versions of the cast again! And that the princes' mother was voiced by Kikuko Inoue .

Jeffrey also appreciates his fiance and everything she's done...although Susana doesn't seem to care about him that much and feels more like his agent than his fiance, but I'm kind of curious about their relationship .

Geordo corners Catarina again and makes his intentions clear to where she can't write it off as a dream again, with a kiss and a love confession to boot. We even have Acchan showing up at the ending to declare that she's cleared the Dark-Hearted Prince route .

Oh man, it's full-on Harem warfare as everyone races after Geordo and Mary and Sophia are about to blast him with magic. Maria's only qualm is they don't hurt him enough to where she can't heal him. I don't see this ending well .
Old 2021-07-30, 18:31   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was really pissed off when Catarina wrote the kiss off as a dream because that's lazy writing, but thankfully it was fixed at the end of the episode. No going back now. Geordo must die for the status quo to be preserved!

My expectations about Jeffrey were completely subverted, and in a very good way. He is not only a good guy, but also a massive brocon
The brothers' flashback was really good.
Old 2021-07-30, 20:50   Link #52
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well seeing both Gerald and Alan past and how they open up when Katarina came into there lives

Well that must of cost a lot of money with all those paints Jeffrey had
Old 2021-07-31, 18:14   Link #53
Thor's Hammer

I haven't seen anybody bring up that brief flashback of Atsuko congratulating Catarina for conquering the dark-hearted prince route, but I think it's surely leading somewhere.

As a very logical person, I tend to interpret things with a holistic approach, which is why Re:zero is right up my alley with all the details one needs to remember. In this second season of Hamefura, aside from the succession storyline, what has gotten the most focus is Sophia trying to set up Catarina with Nico or Nicol (can’t remember how they spell it), her brother. Thus, I see that brief flashback of Atsuko being a sign of Sophia and Catarina’s relationship possibly being further developed, perhaps culminating in Catarina and/or Sophia herself finding out that Sophia is Atsuko reincarnated.

My brother thinks Geordo is the one most likely to marry Catarina, but I think based on what the story has presented with Nico/Nicol being the only one who could make Catarina flustered before Geordo started kissing her and how Nico/Nicol reminds Catarina so much of the count from the romance novel series she and Sophia likes so much that Catarina will end up with Nico/Nicol so that Catarina and Sophia can be sister-in-laws like Sophia wants to happen. Nico/Nicol seems very much like Catarina’s type, and it would be the ending which is the most quintessentially Hamefura, so I’m partial to it.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 19:50   Link #54
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Prince Jeffrey is a massive bro-con That was most unexpected. Anyway, it's good to have the backstory of the brothers, particularly Geordo and Alan.

Last episode's kiss was a fake. It was a dream. But this episode ends with the real kiss. Hopefully this time it gets into her head that Geordo really loves her. He even declared outright to her.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 21:06   Link #55
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Prince Jeffrey is a massive bro-con That was most unexpected. Anyway, it's good to have the backstory of the brothers, particularly Geordo and Alan.

Last episode's kiss was a fake. It was a dream. But this episode ends with the real kiss. Hopefully this time it gets into her head that Geordo really loves her. He even declared outright to her.
Actually, no, last episode's kiss was real. That's why her harem members said she's in danger even though she already forgot about what happened last night. It's because the kiss was real, and they wanted to protect her from Geordo. She thought it was a dream as a defense mechanism to preserve her obliviousness to romance.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 10:01   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I haven't seen anybody bring up that brief flashback of Atsuko congratulating Catarina for conquering the dark-hearted prince route, but I think it's surely leading somewhere.
I wonder if Acchan will pop up whenever Catarina gets an official confession/kiss to say she won the route...The Opening shows Geordo, Rufus, and Keith trying to kiss her so maybe Keith will confess next ?
Old 2021-08-01, 12:28   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Acchan penultimate route. Then Reverse Harem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 23:04   Link #58
X207
Gamyūsa

Bakarina is a strong opponent to get the point across, 2 kisses and a confession to convince her and the council. the ep where it explains the big brother's brother complex was a bit boring but the story on how he cared about them was good.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 13:46   Link #59
Frontier

Well, Catarina's aware of Geordo's feelings now, but she's not quite sure how to handle them, having had no real prior romantic experience (that she's not dense about) and being really self-conscious about living as a royal with Geordo. On the plus side, that fantasy of her in a wedding dress was pretty great .

Did Geordo really think he could invite Catarina anywhere and Keith wouldn't be right beside her to make sure nothing happens? He's been doing it since they were kids, even the snappy remarks are the same between them. Of course, it's not like the rest of the Harem isn't that far behind, and Mary isn't going to let Geordo have his way, and Alan is basically her "in" on what Geordo is doing .

Everyone looked really snazzy in their Summer outfits! And in their dress attire at the end .

Catarina is worried about how suffocating being a royal would be when she enjoys her current lifestyle...although knowing Bakarina, I kind of doubt she would let her status stop her. It's not like she cares about her noble status when it comes to the stuff she does now, to her mother and Anne's immense frustration .

It's nice seeing more childhood flashbacks of the group together, and to see those designs again as well as the boys' A-list female seiyuu voices .

Everyone trying to outplay each other to spend more time with Bakarina...Geordo sacrificing his hand to keep Keith away from Catarina's, Mary and Sophia immediately grabbing onto Catarina's arms, and Mary making sure to separate the groups by gender so she can spend more time with Catarina. Even when they were kids, love was war among this Harem .

Sophie really let her imagination run wild when Mary gave her the idea of fantasizing about what the thunder really was...to the point of crafting a whole scenario where she and Catarina are a knight and witch duo who end up vanquishing a dragon and, of course, get hitched. This seems like the moment that truly spurred on Sophia to become a writer .

So what was the ghost everyone was so worked up about? It turns out to be Catarina and the one thing that truly terrifies her...her mother scolding her for being Bakarina .

Ah, that's sweet. Mary feels so close to the group now that she can even imagine herself as a child with the rest of them as kids watching fireworks together .
Old 2021-08-06, 18:35   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was nice to have an episode mostly focused on the girls. Sophia is just so adorable.