Notices

Old 2014-07-07, 12:10   Link #1861
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
This strikes me as odd, because before the match of Brazil vs Chile, Webb was accused of potentially favoring Brazil, to which Brazil responded with outrage and disgust. if that were true, you'd think they'd want him. Where did you get this from?
Italian media, more than one. Webb was reportedly seen from Brazil as "an enemy" and "not neutral" after the match with Chile.
I learn from your post that Chile complained about Webb, it really means they didn't know him.

In italian media the call of Rodriguez for the semifinal hasn't been unnoticed. It's been defined "scandalous", "odd", "fishy" at best. I think Busacca (the ref chief) overdid here, if he wanted to prize the man for the guts of sending off Marchisio he could have awarded him a second turn match or a quarter final, a semifinal seems a bit much for someone who only ref'd 2 matches.

But now a question for who knows Rodriguez well (I know fairly well all european refs but not following competitions outside Europe I kinda lack when it comes to non Europeans), I've understood he's severe. But how well will he do in an environment with such a pressuring home crowd? Can he still be neutral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elazul View Post
Indeed. I, as a brazilian, am disgusted by this shameless behaviour as well. I thought that one of good ponts of hosting a WC here in Brazil was to promote a positive image for our country. But CBF ( Brazilian Football Confederation) attitude is doing quite the opposite effect.
From how I see it, Brazil has probably one the weakest national teams seen in that country after WW2. If this wasn't played at home, Brazil wouldn't have been favourite and would probably be already eliminated. But they need this world cup to not play a Maracanazo 2.0 ; therefore the outside help.
Old 2014-07-07, 13:28   Link #1862
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Italian media, more than one. Webb was reportedly seen from Brazil as "an enemy" and "not neutral" after the match with Chile.
I learn from your post that Chile complained about Webb, it really means they didn't know him.

In italian media the call of Rodriguez for the semifinal hasn't been unnoticed. It's been defined "scandalous", "odd", "fishy" at best. I think Busacca (the ref chief) overdid here, if he wanted to prize the man for the guts of sending off Marchisio he could have awarded him a second turn match or a quarter final, a semifinal seems a bit much for someone who only ref'd 2 matches.

But now a question for who knows Rodriguez well (I know fairly well all european refs but not following competitions outside Europe I kinda lack when it comes to non Europeans), I've understood he's severe. But how well will he do in an environment with such a pressuring home crowd? Can he still be neutral?
Yes, his problem it's not neutrality, his problem it's a tendency to make himself the center of attention, wich he likes to acomplish by sanctioning every little thing that happens in the field.. not that he's a bad ref, here in México he's the go to ref for finals and difficult matches, the place Archundia had once, but his weakness is that, he likes to see his name on the media..
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 14:49   Link #1863
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this picture. i like it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 15:35   Link #1864
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
FIFA's rejected Brazil's protest regarding Thiago Silva. Guess removing that yellow card would have been too much even for FIFA.
By the rules, a yellow card is not removable at all. It was absolutely baffling that the Brazilian FA even dared trying something that shameless, especially when Silva rightfully earned that card for being foolish as he was.

The more it goes, lots of people outside of Brazil will wish Germany to get it done tomorrow with something reminiscent of what the Nationalmannschaft did with Diego Maradona's side 4 years ago.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 15:47   Link #1865
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
By the rules, a yellow card is not removable at all. It was absolutely baffling that the Brazilian FA even dared trying something that shameless, especially when Silva rightfully earned that card for being foolish as he was.
By the rules it is possible. However, it would necessitate either exceptional circumstances, or something about the teams having played a differing amount of games.

Quote:
The more it goes, lots of people outside of Brazil will wish Germany to get it done tomorrow with something reminiscent of what the Nationalmannschaft did with Diego Maradona's side 4 years ago.
Sadly nobody's going to run into a counterattacking trap by Germany anymore. That game against Brazil will be a grind with the Brazilians trying to impose their will through physical play. Which can work depending on which players the Germans trot out. Özil is particularly susceptible to this. Problem with him is, he is useless as a substitute, so either you start him and hope he plays well, or you don't need to use him at all.
Old 2014-07-07, 20:54   Link #1866
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Let be honest, it seems only the German deserve to win this tournament. Maybe Brazil just on compassionate ground at how much cashes they have been poured in and been bullied out by FIFA.

But on football ground and on the spirit of the sport. Only the German deserve it.
Old 2014-07-07, 21:00   Link #1867
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Well, yeah, of the remaining 4 teams, Germany it's the one that plays better, and therefore deserves to win, and will win ...

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-07-07 at 21:47.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 21:24   Link #1868
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
FIFA's rejected Brazil's protest regarding Thiago Silva. Guess removing that yellow card would have been too much even for FIFA.
And that's saying an awful lot...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 00:11   Link #1869
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Yes, his problem it's not neutrality, his problem it's a tendency to make himself the center of attention, wich he likes to acomplish by sanctioning every little thing that happens in the field.. not that he's a bad ref, here in México he's the go to ref for finals and difficult matches, the place Archundia had once, but his weakness is that, he likes to see his name on the media..
In México, he likes to be called "Chiquimarco" in allusion to a certain TV character appearing in a popular Mexican comedy sitcom from back to the 1980's due to resembling quite a lot that character physically. In fact, the Mexican public originally called him by the nickname "Chiquidracula", which is the fictional character's name.

The name itself an allegory to frighten or to scare due to his harsh refereeing and severe sanctions, but because for the same reasons that SuitUp already stated previously; the man himself likes to be on the media.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 00:59   Link #1870
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
the Mexican public originally called him by the nickname "Chiquidracula", which is the fictional character's name.
Does he still uses the "chiquidracula" shoes? I sorta remember him being quite fond of those.
Old 2014-07-08, 03:51   Link #1871
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Cuneyt Cakir from Turkey is the referee for Argentina-Holland. Personally I've found him becoming more and more reliable as the years passed, although there's a big stain in his career, an unmotivated red card to Nani in Man Utd-Real Madrid (Champions League 2012-13) effectively costing Utd the elimination.

Meanwhile BOTH Brazil and Germany are seriously worried about Rodriguez.

As a side note, Fifa sent home 10 out 25 referees, among which obviously the german, the dutch and the argentinian (you are out if your national team makes it through the semifinal). However, they did keep the brazilian referee Ricci. Is that to say "if there isn't the brazilian team in final, at least there'll be a different brazilian representant"?
Old 2014-07-08, 05:20   Link #1872
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What could have been a jolly football festival is ruined by the refs. Only 2002 sucked as much when it came to refs.
Oh you...

No call on that one...

All the more reason to never trust officials.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 08:54   Link #1873
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ words do not describe my rage at that.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-07-08, 08:57   Link #1874
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Speak to the Spaniards and the Italians about it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 10:02   Link #1875
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Speak to the Spaniards and the Italians about it.
if we had won that game, it probably would have jumpstarted the interest in soccer a whole 10 years earlier.

Old 2014-07-08, 14:55   Link #1876
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Oh you...

No call on that one...

All the more reason to never trust officials.
That's no hand ball. Not every ball that touches the hand is hand ball. His hand was at the body and by the looks of it the player moved his hand towards his back instead of to the ball which hardly is evidence that he was moving his hand to block the ball. It was unfortunate, but not a referee mistake. If you want to look for refereeing mistakes, take off the US-coloured glasses and take a look at the games of South Korea. Spain for example got 2 regular goals disallowed in ridiculous fashion in the quarterfinals.
Old 2014-07-08, 15:06   Link #1877
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Speaking of 2002, it's baffling to see how many calls South Korea had in their favor while I can't remember quite say the same about Japan that same year according to the footage I have access to.
Old 2014-07-08, 15:07   Link #1878
Mentar
Banned

Already 3 bad touches by Özil, who always seems to disappear in big games. I hope that he shakes it off today.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 15:09   Link #1879
Velsy

The stream I get the watch the game from, the commentating is much to soft and the crowd is too loud, so turning it up, the crowd just gets louder ><

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 15:11   Link #1880
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

MÜLLER!!! 1-0 for Ze Germans!

It's now a 5th goal this year for Müller.