Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 13:35   Link #1301
G.o.S
~desu♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
It would be ideal as I heard there are a string of OVAS planned for its prequel/sequel too.
I believe you're talking about the Kanatagatari OVAs which is adapted from another novel written by Nisioisin. The novel is not related to Bakemonogatari though, and the animation is done by a different studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Hey does this mean, if Senjougahara kills Araragi, it will lead to a lovers suicide?
Nice boat
Old 2009-08-11, 13:47   Link #1302
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
She never said she would follow him just that she would kill him and she would be the last thing he sees or if someone killed him she would kill them. Nope nothing about following after him into the after life or anything.

But i cant blame him for wanting anyone other than Senjougahara to kill him, imagine what she would do to him i get chills thinking about it because im sure she would not make it quick.

Novel readers do they get to a point where they address each other by their first names?
Spoiler for novel spoilers:

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:48   Link #1303
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep6 was totally fabulous. This show is reaching masterpiece level, for me. Not just the wonderful look and animation, but the amazing lines, the great timing, the absolutely superior voice-acting: Saitou Chiwa, Kamiya Hiroshi, Katou Emiri, and now Sawashiro Miyuki. And I'm not a huge fan of Horie Yui, but I agree that her voice is just ideal here. Excellent.

The novel spoilers have been out of hand from the beginning. Not that I think it matters all that much in this case: I enjoy the episodes the second and third times just as much as the first time I watch them. But in these anime threads, manga/novel spoilers aren't even supposed to appear in spoiler tags, are they?

What's the solution? Best solution: separate forum. Second best: novel thread in the manga forum and we keep seeing the images here.

In terms of sheer number of posts, this show is close to separate forum level, and there is a breadth of topics that would lend itself to separate threads.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:56   Link #1304
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Who can make a sub-forum ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:05   Link #1305
zato_1one

May be we should try PM to the mod? Pellissier, Skyfall and xris are online right now.
Old 2009-08-11, 14:10   Link #1306
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Only administrators have the power to do that.
Old 2009-08-11, 14:21   Link #1307
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Please remember that such discussion in this thread is considered off-topic (and if anything will work against it getting a forum).

We review potential series and consider if any of them require a forum of their own. In this case there is no need to remind us (or, for a better word, nag ) about Bakemonogatari.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:32   Link #1308
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I wonder if us Occidental people realize how socially significant first names are to Japanese people ?

There are married couples who still use "surnames" and honorifics... because its just more comfortable and less "embarrassing"
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:37   Link #1309
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I wonder if us Occidental people realize how socially significant first names are to Japanese people ?

There are married couples who still use "surnames" and honorifics... because its just more comfortable and less "embarrassing"
Huh. I knew it was significant, but didn't know it was to that extent. That's interesting. I guess the usual anime speaking style is loads more casual than would normally occur in real life.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:12   Link #1310
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Huh. I knew it was significant, but didn't know it was to that extent. That's interesting. I guess the usual anime speaking style is loads more casual than would normally occur in real life.
Which is why learning Nihongo from Anime is not really a good idea.

We pick up bad habits from it and, in real life, end up being offensive to those (Japanese people) we are speaking to.

Ergo creating that "troublesome gaijin" impression... in their minds.

Then they start to use that "Lets speak in English only" mode... lol

Classic !
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 15:22   Link #1311
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

It can be very awkward i have Japanese friends i have known for ages and its still hard for me to call them by their first names and its even harder for them to call me by mine. I think you just get use to it and its more comfortable that way.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:26   Link #1312
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Which is why learning Nihongo from Anime is not really a good idea.

We pick up bad habits from it and, in real life, end up being offensive to those (Japanese people) we are speaking to.

Ergo creating that "troublesome gaijin" impression... in their minds.

Then they start to use that "Lets speak in English only" mode... lol

Classic !
Oh, yeah, I know, and I do try my best to be aware that people don't talk like they do on TV, and in what ways. I try to limit myself to picking up vocabulary, usage, some grammar, and figures of speech from anime, and use other resources for the finer points of grammar and interaction.

Wasn't planning on casually calling out somebody's given name in any case, just found it interesting that it was that significant.

I'd hesitate to call it a bad idea though. Just something that needs to be supplemented and taken for what it is (that is, a TV show).
Old 2009-08-11, 16:25   Link #1313
achirist

EP 6 was absolutely amazing! I loved watching those bluebirds fly up the orange building frame, and just everything about the episode was just lovely. I hope there are three seasons of this (as I understand there are two other novels in the series that are prequel/sequel/spinoff.) I hope the soundtrack comes out soon, as I'm in love with that simple piano riff they've often played during dialogue, especially when Hanekawa-san is around.

It seems like the ape is that basketball girl, but perhaps she just has a 'contract' with the creature.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 16:36   Link #1314
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
EP 6 was absolutely amazing! I loved watching those bluebirds fly up the orange building frame, and just everything about the episode was just lovely. I hope there are three seasons of this (as I understand there are two other novels in the series that are prequel/sequel/spinoff.) I hope the soundtrack comes out soon, as I'm in love with that simple piano riff they've often played during dialogue, especially when Hanekawa-san is around.

It seems like the ape is that basketball girl, but perhaps she just has a 'contract' with the creature.
Indeed it was! I take back what I said in one of my previous posts prior to finishing episode 5 - this anime is exceptional. The dialogue coupled with the crazy animation style was so entertaining in the 6th episode. I guess this anime really has a way of surprising you when you least expect it. Then, that twist with Hajikuji being a ghost was expected, but still delivered in an exciting way. I'm definitely becoming a fan of Hitagi, she has such a fierce personality.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 16:57   Link #1315
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
On Hitagi- it could be worse, we could end up with a School Days scenario. I just think that she doesn't want to be betrayed like she was with the occult stuff. And while Araragi probably wouldn't betray her, she's still slowly but surely opening up... besides, to do anything else but that wouldn't fit her personality that we've seen so far

though I'm with those who are on the "I wonder what their kids would be like" boat... talk about one strange family

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 17:37   Link #1316
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
It can be very awkward i have Japanese friends i have known for ages and its still hard for me to call them by their first names and its even harder for them to call me by mine. I think you just get use to it and its more comfortable that way.
I had a class mate from japan in uni and he had no trouble. And I doubt they would stay like this for a long time. With all the westernisation they are slowly but surly opening up.

Alternative theory on why Hitagi hasn't broken up with anyone yet: They died (so didn't get to break up ) and are now hung up on hooks at the top of the unfinished apartment . The bird gather there to pick off the corpses.

Last edited by Hypernova; 2009-08-11 at 19:05.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 18:01   Link #1317
zato_1one

Another thing that I like in episode 6. I've heard that in Japanese culture, blue bird will bring happiness. In this episode, blue birds were gradually increasing on the roof when Senjougahara was talking with Araragi. But after Araragi said about Kanbaru and Senjougahara went psycho on him. All of those blue birds were flying away.

Every time, when I re-watch the episode. I always lol when Araragi desperately said "I'm devoted to you, Senjougahara!" and the flame sign on her eyes started to disappear. That moment is really hilarious.
Old 2009-08-11, 18:08   Link #1318
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
My take on the blue birds, and more specifically them flying away, was because Senjougahara was commenting on Araragi sighing, and apparently you let go of a little happiness everytime you sigh...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:38   Link #1319
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Yeah she's pretty serious about him. Wouldn't be surprise if she's the one who purposes to him heh. Though If they do get married wonder if she'll handle children well. She did say she's not good with them because of some sort of a bad experience with one that she mention a few episodes back. Then there's Hitati's younger sister's right now their still children would like to see how she'll interact with them...
Well,
Spoiler for novel spoiler:
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 21:04   Link #1320
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, well, I'm with Sasahara (from Genshiken) and Araragi when it comes to the idea of younger sister characters: that the people who have this silly fetish for them, don't have younger sisters in real life.

But as much as I roll my eyes every time an anime adores its "imouto" characters, I want to see more of Araragi's sisters and even his entire family. It's going to be a hoot watching Araragi introduce Senjougahara to his folks.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural