AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 108 61.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 4.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 13:36   Link #261
sa547
*Author

All right, sorry if I had to wake up this thread, but I watched this episode on local TV (this is the Tagalog version aired by TV5) and it was probably the most astonishing of all episodes, the highlight of which is the devastating O.K. Corral (or the House of Blue Leaves) confrontation between Taiga and Sumire.

After realizing what happened with Kitamura and the heartbreak he had, Taiga decides (despite that it's really wrong) that a very direct approach to say to (in her opinion) Sumire that she wronged Kitamura is best done with a beatdown, even if it'll cost her a suspension... and unsheaths her wood katana for the duel.

So the next thing was probably -- rightly or wrongly -- one of the best anime fight scenes I've seen in my life. Like, "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

I was stunned by the intense amount of emotion poured out after both antagonists were restrained, moreso that Rie Kugiyama and Yuko Kaida voiced out the rage and the bitterness, amplifying further the emotional power of this scene (I humorously imagined Touko and Minako violently confront each other with fists in the Rose Mansion over some fickle thing).

Call me some way or another, but this fiery part of Toradora served to make me love the show a lot more.
Old 2009-08-02, 11:43   Link #262
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

How did it go in Tagalog? Nakuha ba yung drama?
Old 2009-08-02, 11:52   Link #263
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
How did it go in Tagalog? Nakuha ba yung drama?
In a nutshell -- damned intense as the original Japanese, like watching an "Asianobela" (a Filipino term for C/J/K-drama). I would credit Grace Cornel (Taiga) and Margo Borgona (Sumire) and their respective theatrical experiences for making this fight scene dramatic and emotionally-charged. I found myself cheering for Taiga when that showdown happened.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:10   Link #264
typhonsentra

Huh? There's a general show/series discussion thread. It's actually just one thread down.
Old 2009-11-21, 19:34   Link #265
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Never mind a thread; there's a whole subforum for the series, right here...

Old 2010-10-14, 11:38   Link #266
keroro gunsou

Kanou Sumire was so COOL !!! She knew everything....
But, Taiga was pure, I love Taiga more than Kanou, the presidet of student counsil...
Old 2010-12-24, 20:33   Link #267
A l i

Just got around to watching Toradora. Regarding to the school council president's actions, while most people are saying that Sumire was all "omg she is so insightful", I don't believe that her actions were really insightful at all. If Kano really wanted to put an end to the issue between her and Kitamura, she should've rejected him on the point.

In the end, Taiga was right on one main point; Sumire was a coward for not expressing her feelings beforehand, if she did not think that the relationship could've worked, she should've rejected Kitamura in front of him, not trying to dodge the situation.
Closed Thread